British Speedway Forum
Phil

The Garry Stead Benefit “grand Prix”

Hope everything goes ok tonite n i cant wait to go!!!! hope lots of money is raised for Gary stead. :):):):):)

I haven't heard any thing about the back straight opening.

Think they might have to, judging by the posts on here. Looks like a huge crowd :D

I will be leaving shortly.

just missed the local bbc new programme live at the event :oops:

hope it all goes well tonight for Gary and the huge crowd, the weathers perfect for a great meeting.

As i can't make it tonight (work nights), i'll be making a donation instead

Updates on this meeting are available Here

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Debs

Updater: Youngy105

Line Up:

1. Tai Woffinden (Rye House) - 3 2 2 1 = 8

2. Lee Complin (Stoke) - 2 2 3 3 = 10 WINNER

3. Jason Lyons (Birmingham) - 1 2 3 3 = 9

4. Magnus Zetterstrom (Somerset) - 0 3 2 0 = 5

5. Andre Compton (Sheffield) - 3 3 2 0 = 8 THIRD

6. Freddie Lindgren (Wolverhampton) - 2 3 3 3 = 11 SECOND

7. Paul Cooper (Sheffield) - 0 EF 1 2 = 3

8. Rusty Harrison (Stoke) - 1 0 2 1 = 4

9. Richard Hall (Peterborough) - F (Withdrew From Meeting)

10. Chris Kerr (Redcar) - 2 FX 0 2 = 4

11. Simon Stead (Belle Vue) - 3 3 1 2 = 9

12. Steve Johnston (Coventry) - 1 2 1 3 = 7

13. Ricky Ashworth (Sheffield) - 1 1 3 EF = 5

14. Gary Havelock (Redcar) - 3 1 EF X = 4

15. Joel Parsons (Sheffield) - 2 1 0 1 = 4

16. George Stancl (Edinburgh) - 0 1 0 1 = 2

17. Ben Barker (Stoke) - 0 0 F 2 = 2

Heat 01: Woffinden, Complin, Lyons, Zetterstrom. 59.6

Sponsored by Music 24/7 at http://www.virtualvibesradio.co.uk/

Heat 02: Compton, Lindgren, Harrison, Cooper. 61.0

Sponsored by Steve Dixon http://community.webshots.com/user/steavyd

Heat 03: Stead, Kerr, Johnston, Barker

Sponsored by Boxer123

Heat 04: Havelock, Parsons, Ashworth, Stancl. 61.7

Heat 05: Compton, Woffinden, Ashworth, Barker. 60.4

Heat 06: ReReun. Lindgren, Complin, Havelock, Kerr (Fell, Excluded). 61.0

Heat 07: Stead, Lyons, Parsons, Cooper (Engine Failure). 62.1

Heat 08: Zetterstrom, Johnston, Stancl, Harrison. 62.8

Heat 09: Lindgren, Woffinden, Stead, Stancl. 62.1

Heat 10: Complin, Compton, Johnston, Parsons. 61.8

Heat 11: Lyons, Harrison, Havelock (Engine Failure), Barker (Fell). 64.3

Heat 12: Ashworth, Zetterstrom, Cooper, Kerr. 62.5

Heat 13: Re-Run. Johnston, Cooper, Woffinden, Havelock (Excluded). 63.4

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Heat 14: Complin, Stead, Harrison, Ashworth (Engine Failure). 62.4

Sponsored by www.digitalmint.co.uk

Heat 15: Lyons, Kerr, Stancl, Compton. 64.4

Sponsored by www.msj.edu.pl www.msjspeedway.com

Heat 16: Lindgren, Barker, Parsons, Zetterstrom. 64.2

Semi Final 1: Lindgren, Stead, Compton, Johnston

Compton, Lindgren, Stead, Johnston. 62.9

Semi Final 2: Complin, Lyons, Woffinden, Ashworth

Complin, Lyons, Ashworth, Woffinden. 63.5

Grand Final: Complin, Compton, Lyons, Lindgren

Complin, Lindgren, Compton, Lyons. 63.0

Comments:

Gary has been introduced to the first aid crew who helped him on the night of his accident.

Heat 01: From the gate. Plenty of track between the riders.

Heat 02: Harrison passes Cooper on the first bend of the second lap. Cooper close on final bend of final lap but still comes last.

Heat 03: Hall took a nasty tumble on second bend of lap 1 and has been taken to hospital. Re-Run - Clear win for Stead. Johnston close to passing Kerr on fourth bend of third lap but locked up too much.

Heat 04: Havelock passed Parsons on the third and fourth bend of the first lap and then stretched out a good lead.

Heat 05: Compton passed Ashworth on second bend of first lap and Tai did the same on the third and fourth bend.

Heat 06: Kerr fell on third bend of first lap but got up and is ok. In the re-run Lindgren blasted round the boards. Complin got close on the fourth bend of second lap but Lindgren pulled away on the home straight.

Heat 07: From the gate. Cooper's engine went on the third lap.

Heat 08: From the gate.

Heat 09: Stead passed Stancl on second bend of second lap.

Heat 10: Complin blasted round the boards. Compton passed Johnno on home straight at start of lap 2. Parsons and Johnno passing each other but Johnno too fast and takes third.

Heat 11. Havelock engine failure on first bend. Barker fell on fourth bend of second lap and did well to clear the track.

Heat 12: From the gate. Debs says there is no fence left where Barker hit it. They are grading the track and seem to have given the golden oldies a miss.

Heat 13: Havelock excluded for tape touching. Re-run with 3 riders. Johnno passed Cooper on backstraight of third lap. Tai almost got Cooper on the line.

Heat 14: Ashworth bike went on fourth bend of third lap.

Heat 15: Kerr blasted his way from third to first down backstraight. Lyons passed Kerr on third bend of second lap.

Heat 16: Lindgren blasted round the boards and took the lead on fourth bend of first lap. Parsons took third place as Zorro lost power on the final bend of the last lap.

SF1: Stead passed Johnno on last bend of last lap.

SF2: Lyons challenged for lead on third bend of first lap but Complin pulled away on the home straight.

Final: Excellent race. Lindgren passed Complin on third bend of lap 1. Complin slowly catches Lindgren, they go round third bend of third lap together. Complin comes out ahead and keeps going until crossing the line first.

Golden Oldies Races

Alan Mogridge - F /

Alan Graham - 1 3

Sam Ermolenko - 3 2

Les Collins - 2 1

Heat 01: Mogridge fell on the back straight of the first lap. It's one of those nights, ambulance is out again :( Easy win for Sam but close on the line for second.

Heat 02: Graham, Ermolenko, Collins. 66.5

No Match Races. Chris Morton did a couple of demonstration laps.

Many Many Thanks To Debs for the texts.

Thank You and Good Night

No Match Races. Chris Morton did a couple of demonstration laps.

Not a Michael Lee no show, surely?

Anyway, hope everything went well for young Stead.

Super speedway!, a very good meeting overall, and lee complin will have some good offers this winter, what a pass! Back to his 2002 best! B)

Quite fitting in a way that a team mate of Garry's at Stoke should have won this meeting. I remember that Lee Complin was actually his partner in the race when Garry crashed at Somerset on that horrible night in May. Well Done to Lee and I hope it was a very successful night for Garry Stead.

Brilliant pass by Compo in the Final to win it, how he reeled Freddie in by 10 or 15 yards over the last few bends was amazing.

But the only true highlight of the evening for me was meeting Garry, asking him to sign my programme [ which he kindly did for everyone ] and then shaking his hand and wishing him all the best for the future. It was a privilege. I hope loads is raised in the e-bay auctions too.

According to Birmingham's official website, Sanchez had to have his spleen removed  :blink:  just going on what I read on the thread for the PT final, so I would imagine this puts him out of action on thursday?  :unsure:

Sorry, where exactly have you read this ? I have just checked the Brummies web site and there is no mention of this in the ' latest injury update ' report on Emilliano. Gutted for him if it's true, he's been a great entertaining rider this year, hope he's feeling better soon :(

Just got home, really enjoyed the meeting.

Couple of really good races in the second half. When I got there I was thinking, jesus this is big! Too used to Monmore Green these days, sadly.

I have no idea how Complin fitted between Freddie & the fence but well done to him. 21CH, you can now refer to Freddie as the "dirty, not quite brave enough to win at Sheffield, Swede" ;)

Hope Hall & Mogridge are OK.

What on earth have the council done between Owlerton and the M1? I went past 'The Ship' pub 3 times trying to get home, stupid roadworks! I think I spent longer in some dingy area of Sheffield than I did on the M1 itself.

Also... Good to see Kerr & inparticular Barker get up after nasty spills!

Just got home, really enjoyed the meeting.

Couple of really good races in the second half.  When I got there I was thinking, jesus this is big!  Too used to Monmore Green these days, sadly.

I have no idea how Complin fitted between Freddie & the fence but well done to him.  21CH, you can now refer to Freddie as the "dirty, not quite brave enough to win at Sheffield, Swede" ;)

Hope Hall & Mogridge are OK.

What on earth have the council done between Owlerton and the M1?  I went past 'The Ship' pub 3 times trying to get home, stupid roadworks! I think I spent longer in some dingy area of Sheffield than I did on the M1 itself.

good track is`nt it,unfortunatley way too far for me to travel on this particular thursday,hope steady had a good turnout