British Speedway Forum

Can't understand why Poland have replaced Balinski with Holta, Balinsky did quite well on Thursday.

also holta in for balinski, don't think balinski did to bad tough.

snap rob b

Edited by cheetahsrback

It's a tough ask for Team Gb but I'll be backing them all the way. As long as the Danes don't win it I'll be happy.  :approve:

Thought Bjarne rode for the Danes . :unsure:

Guest Schumi
Schlein beat 1 opponent other than the russians last night so it's no surprise to see him replaced by Watt, but how good is Watt.  I hear he's good but if he's that good why didn't he come in for Schlein for the race-off?

Because Boycey said they were lapping about the same times in practise. Had Davey been noticeably faster I guess he'd have got the nod. Watt is the better choice for me, but that's nothing against Rory - I just like Davey, and he's doing well right now.

Heart says we can win it, head says don't be daft.

BUT, having said that.. IMO Bomber and Scott are not worrying and can beat anybody in that line up. Steady, Rico and Kennett have all beaten some of those riders before and as I understand it all have Polish experience.. and if Olsen doesn't get his way again we might actually be in with a shout.

If we can't win it, I'd like to see the Aussies take it.. just because I don't like Denmark or Poland :unsure:

Edit: Forgot to add :rolleyes: Whether we win or not, I'll be backing the team until the very last race and if they just go for it and not throw any chances away I'll be happy :)

Edited by tigerblues

My heart says ...

1st G.B

2nd. Australia

3rd Poland

4th Denmark.

My head says.....

1st Australia

2nd Denmark

3rd Poland

4th G.B.

Hope whatever the result the Brits make us all proud of their effort.

The meeting is as good as the G.P in Cardiff.

And all the riders finish the meeting without injury .

Cant wait for the meeting to start .

Because Boycey said they were lapping about the same times in practise. Had Davey been noticeably faster I guess he'd have got the nod. Watt is the better choice for me, but that's nothing against Rory - I just like Davey, and he's doing well right now.

Dont get me wrong, Id have brought in Watt as well but as a Brit would have preferred to have Schlein as I doubt he'd score more than about 5 or 6 points all night

Can anyone tell me the reasons why they say Blue is favoured?

Dont get me wrong, Id have brought in Watt as well but as a Brit would have preferred to have Schlein as I doubt he'd score more than about 5 or 6 points all night

Think it is because the U.S.A rode in Blue and finished 4th with 20 points. :unsure:

I think its something to do with the gate positions later in the meeting.

Poland in Blue helmets colour.

Come on guys you can do it!

40.000 fans will give them wings to fly!

Quelle surprise - the favoured blue helmet goes to Poland.

Blue has a preponderence of inside gates early in the meeting and then outside gates later in the meeting. Early in a meeting the inside gates are an advantage and later in the meeting the outside gates are, as the drive moves further out towards the fence.