British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

Rosco Your Country Needs You.

Give yourselves a pat on the back.

You'll drive the best bloke out of the job.

I wouldn't blame him at all if he walked away especially after reading the drivel on this thread.

Roscoe, Chris Morton, David Norris, Gary Havelock ... they won't handle a candle to Middleditch, a million miles better than them all.

Ask yourselves: what could any of the above have done better with the riders at his disposal tonight. Zilch, nothing.

Sometimes, I despair.

Let's pick on the easy target.

Why not Chris Harris. Where was his Millennium form tonight? He ran rings round Nicki Pedersen, Bjarne and Jason three weeks ago.

Or are you going to pick on him once Middlo has walked off into the sunset?

Always look at the alternatives before kicking the man in charge.

You'll all be sorry mark my words.

Thank you, at last somebody with common sence agrees with me!!.

How can you critisize the manager for the riders bikes not being fast enough. He would have told them, and they would have known, that they needed very fast bikes. Kennett said last week he had a bike especially prepared for the track by Michael Lee. Trouble is it wasn't fast enough, by a margin.. The manager doesn't tune the riders bikes. You have to blame the riders for this.

Steve, please read what I said - I wrote that I criticise him for "the statement". However, that then begs the question as to whose responsibility it was to ensure that the team was properly prepared, including having the right equipment. Further, surely practice would have given some indication as to how well the equipment was prepared?

Paul

Laydown engines first came into the EL in 1996 Rosco was still riding then so he would have ridden a laydown engine.

Regards

VV

or maybe a lawnmower engine :lol:

Steve, please read what I said - I wrote that I criticise him for "the statement".  However, that then begs the question as to whose responsibility it was to ensure that the team was properly prepared, including having the right equipment.  Further, surely practice would have given some indication as to how well the equipment was prepared?

And once practice had taken place and the riders had realised their times were a second slower than the other teams, what would you expect them to do?

TeamGB were never realisically going to do anything last night and so it proved. Middlo could be the best manager in the world bt that wouldn't have changed a thing. The riders have only themselves to blame for their performances.

That is how good they are and nothing will change that.

The riders clearly have to take responsibillity for last nights poor show, Middlo cannot ride for them at the end of the day. I agree its time for a change, Middlos had his chance, lets give Havvy a crack at it, at the very least the riders would give him respect, plus i reckon hed motivate them(maybe give them a kick up the ar*e!!!)With the lack of world class current British riders, the only chance of us winning the world cup in the next few years would be if the final was at coventry.Sadly we just havent got a crop of 4/5 world class riders, you can ultimatley only use whats at your disposal. :sad:

Thank you, at last somebody with common sence agrees with me!!.

So if someone agrees with you they have common sense, suggesting that people who don't agree with you don't have common sense.

Good God you have a high opinion of yourself, suggesting straight away you lack common sense and your opinion is of very little worth! :blink:

And once practice had taken place and the riders had realised their times were a second slower than the other teams, what would you expect them to do?

TeamGB were never realisically going to do anything last night and so it proved. Middlo could be the best manager in the world bt that wouldn't have changed a thing. The riders have only themselves to blame for their performances.

That is how good they are and nothing will change that.

That how is good they are ? anyone who watch last night knows that every english rider were under power so thts not true for a start .

Middlo how all year to work out the track get info etc on what kind of set up you should get thats why his manager .

Thou england were never going to win they were way below what they should have done and yet again middlo must carry the can for that .

Vincent Vega you disappoint me. I was expecting you to post this 30 miutes earlier.

:rolleyes:

So the riders are completely outclassed and it's Middlo's fault. Right. So super motivation of the riders by another manager would have picked up how many extra points?

Its not like football with tac moves. It's up to the riders to mix it. Unfortunately ours are not on the pace.

Of course its not Middleditch's fault Steve and it was nonsense for VV to suggest it was. Sadly we are a million miles behind in speedway terms

But had we won the world cup I suspect you would have been here pretty damn quick telling us again how wonderful Middleditch was and putting a lot of the credit his way

Can't have it both ways but he picked the best of a pretty bad bunch.

Only criticism would be the fact that the team went to Leszno on Thursday and the comment was made last night that you needed a strong engine and our boys didn't have strong engines.

Did it come as a suprise to anyone that you needed a strong engine at Leszno ????

Something went wrong somewhere in there

Did it come as a suprise to anyone that you needed a strong engine at Leszno ????
Leigh Adams? Middlo? Mike Lee (he did Ed Kennetts engines) and I'm sure a few more too.

adams was appalling considering he rides at lezno maybe he'd had one of rosco's team talks :P:lol::lol:

wether or not middlo is the best manager in the country surely after 7 attempts it is time to let someone else have a go it's not as if middlo has to be taken out of the loop completely surely?

I'm surprised that some people think that putting a clown like Rossiter in charge of the team would make performances better!

Nobody will put as much passion into a position which is, essentially, voluntary work as Middlo does.

Edited by CB252

If you want a new manager who could motivate and give the best advice then look no further than Mark Loram.

As for Neil, you cannot blame him for the fiasco. How these so called professional riders could get it so badly wrong and still not be able to make adjustments or do anything in 25 heats beggars belief.

The answer to the issue of track advantage is that meetings like these should be raced on neutral tracks. If it has to be held in the UK then use a premier league track and the final should always be at a neutral venue. Why not use tracks in Germany, Holland or Italy.

Poor showing for GB and unless the sport in the UK starts to think and put Speedway UK first, things will only get worse.

I've no major issue with Neil Middleditch, but we're well overdue for a change. None of us expected GB to win this World Cup, but there's no disguising that we have under-achieved.

We had the fortune of being drawn with a weakened Sweden in the semis on a home track to reach the final. We could only beat what was put in front of us, fair enough. But the real barometer was the final. Now I can take us losing, but to score a measly 15 points is poor. Very poor.

The manager has to take responsibility for that. My choice for the job would Gary Havelock. A good motivator, who has the respect of all the riders. At this level, he has been there and done it. Sorry to say, Middlo and Roscoe, haven't.