British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Hans Andersen

They did.

So when did Walasek get injured?  And while we're at it, what about Kennett and Holder?

When was the last time anyone saw a meeting where 3 riders pulled out injured and not ONE of them had crashed?  :blink:

great britain and australia brought in their reserve riders because they knew there was no way the polish doctor could stop them.perhaps they were trying to prove a point

Guest chris26

it is hard to disagree with Hans :D

i thought all along that it would be "contrived" for Poland to win :rolleyes:

Poland didn't cheat. Thats unless you live in the surreal world of a certain Hans Andersen. Nice one coming from him after 2004 anyway. As i said in the thread on the meeting, its the rule that is the problem. Oh well.... he made me laugh anyway  :D

I recall that Hans was asked by some Brits in 2004, very hush hush, if he would help the Brits to win if they gave him money? He refused.. What does that say about the Brits? never mind, let the past be past.

the Danish supporters aren't angry at the Brits anymore for throwing bottles after the Danish riders in Reading, and the Hans Andersen-Chris Harris-affair is totally forgotten. peace...!

Anyone notice what Adams said when interviewed at the end?

"I decided to stay out of it" ( or words to that effect about heat 25)

Shame Andersen didn't do the same at Poole when he helped cost Team GB the title.

What comes around, Hans, goes around. :approve:

So what you're saying is that the CMO was corrupt? Any proof of that? Or just the Grapes of Yeucchhh!

"Grapes of Yeucchhh!"? Hardly, I've accused the Brits of the very same tactic as the Poles and Aussies. Only team who did not cheat and believe em when I say pre-meeting I wanted anyone to win but the Danes, obviously I wanted the Brits to win the most but I'm a realist ;)

The doctor can only go on what the rider say, if they say they have a bad leg, arm, nose, finger then he has to trust them.

Balls did he!! He was chasing and trying to pass Hans!

Edited by SCB

Poland did what just about any other team would in the same situation would do. The rule is just plain dumb and maybe this will help to change it for next year.

It was a fantastic meeting, one of the best ever televised. 25 heats and it went down to the last one! Amazing.

And as for the comments about Andersen, well, he had just lost the world cup for his country, what did you expect him do turn somersaults?

Edited by BritPete

If I had been Hans, I would have been p*ssed off!

Not with Poland, more with the stupid rule which was always open to abuse!!!

Hans I am afraid did himself no favours!

Obviously I'm happy to see the Poles winning but i wouldn't be upset if we took the second place eventually. Also, I'm not even slightly bothered by these who say that we cheated because in my opinion we truly deserved the points we earned, in the semi final and today :)

Shame Andersen didn't do the same at Poole when he helped cost Team GB the title.

What comes around, Hans, goes around. :approve:

i dont think that adams did stay out of it and appeared to be genuinely racing.

however if you thinl that he was or anyone thinks he kept out of it shouldnt you be calling for him to be punished for not competing. incidently didnt andersen keep out of it in 2004 by letting pk and scott nichols pass him. he didnt split them

Quote SCB. (Not for the first time! LOL!)

Balls did he!! He was chasing and trying to pass Hans!

SCB, I really have to wonder what planet you are on sometimes. Adams most definitely said that he was going to keep out of the way in that race, and indeed he did. The fact was the meeting was decided when he and Andersen were going hammer and tongs for third place, and it made no difference to the outcome whatsoever. :)

SCB, I really have to wonder what planet you are on sometimes. Adams most definitely said that he was going to keep out of the way in that race, and indeed he did. The fact was the meeting was decided when he and Andersen were going hammer and tongs for third place, and it made no difference to the outcome whatsoever.  :)

So he didn't stay out of it. :rolleyes::unsure: Not on planet Earth anyway, where staying out of it means not getting close to the others.

So he didn't stay out of it.  :rolleyes:  :unsure: Not on planet Earth anyway, where staying out of it means not getting close to the others.

When he said he was staying out of it he was obviously referring to the first bend action which he did keep clear of!

And when it was quite clear that the meeting was decided, he then got involved with a tussle for a meaningless third place which did not affect the outcome whatsoever.

When he said he was staying out of it he was obviously referring to the first bend action which he did keep clear of!

Obviously :D:approve:

Hans Andersen says what most people are thinking and gets slagged off for it. Stekkers says the same thing when interviewed (between heats 20 and 21 I think) and nothing is said.

Some folk will jump at the slightest chance to have a go at Hans, even when there's nothing to have a go at!