British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pirate paul

Hans Andersen

When was the last time anyone saw a meeting where 3 riders pulled out injured and not ONE of them had crashed?  :blink:

Good point Shawn. :approve:

As I said on the other thread, Hans did himself no favours in his interview after heat 25...and Pirate Paul took full advantage of it! :rolleyes:

But, Hans only said what was said in hundreds of households tonight!

Hans said what anyone else would of done when being pipped at the post for a gold medal .... come on we all did it in 2004 (well the TEAM GB fans did anyway) you have to blame someone else and a bad workman always blames his tools.

In all honesty the "cheating" comment I find a bit strong, we brought our reserve in no ones calling us cheats, we had bugger all to gain from letting Olly have a ride out and lets face it if our 2 GP riders couldn't win a race what hope did Olly have? :lol:

So the Poles reserve scored whatever it was and helped his team to lift the trophy, surely if it was cheating the referee would of had something to say as would Ole Olsen and also the track doctor :rolleyes: None of them seemed to raise and eyebrow.

In all honesty the "cheating" comment I find a bit strong, we brought our reserve in no ones calling us cheats, we had bugger all to gain from letting Olly have a ride out and lets face it if our 2 GP riders couldn't win a race what hope did Olly have?  :lol:

Some people are :unsure:

It's cheating.

Yeah cos we had so much to gain from it didn't we :rolleyes: we were that far behind we were still on heat 1 when they finished the final so why not let the lad have a run out he couldn't do any worse could he. Not sure about the shoulder injury to Ed but then you never know do you :wink:

Anyone notice what Adams said when interviewed at the end?

"I decided to stay out of it" ( or words to that effect about heat 25)

Shame Andersen didn't do the same at Poole when he helped cost Team GB the title.

What comes around, Hans, goes around. :approve:

Excellent post, Steve. B)

Hans made my night complete with his "face like a smacked ar5e" routine; and all credit to the Clean One for doing the noble thing and keeping out of it. :approve:

Excellent post, Steve.  B)

Hans made my night complete with his "face like a smacked ar5e" routine; and all credit to the Clean One for doing the noble thing and keeping out of it.  :approve:

Yeah, the Leigh Adams who'd scored 5 points from 4 rides decided he wasn't going to get involved in a battle for the lead!!

Must've been a really hard descision to make!!

I'd suggest that was a throwaway line from Leigh Adams, rather than something to be taken seriously.

Shame Andersen didn't do the same at Poole when he helped cost Team GB the title.

In2004Hans didnt cost us the only chance of a title that we had in at least ten years..scott Nicholls did when he was the only rider out of four to see a red light..he would never have caught P.K anyway..its just that we are English,never win anything and always look for someone else to blame..Ronaldo in the world cup spring to mind.Well done Polska..anywhere else the Danes would have won,anywhere else we would have been last

Poland did what just about any other team would in the same situation would do. The rule is just plain dumb and maybe this will help to change it for next year.

It was a fantastic  meeting, one of the best ever televised. 25 heats and it  went down to the last one! Amazing.

And as for the comments about Andersen, well, he had just lost  the world cup for his country, what did you expect him do turn somersaults?

Agree with the first part but I was disappointed in Andersen's comments. I'm a huge fan of his and not a particular fan of Leigh Adams but contrast the dignity of Adams comments, along the lines of "we thought we could do it, but we didn't manage it"....no excuses, to those of Andersen who whinged about Poland using a rule everyone knew was there and would have used if it had benefited themselves.

steve for once we agree.

all i wanted was scott to get in front of hans and block block and block again!

so hans lost the world cup for denmark, it was his reponsibilityy he blew it, coulsnt happen to a nicer guy

funny how all 3 riders to withdraw from the meeting injured are all in there respective polish teams line up for todays matches, interesting to see which don't ride.

As soon as we saw the starting line ups with Balinski at reserve we something was amiss. Truth is, I believe that a 'team' competition should be allowed reserve replacement up to a maximum number of rides for the reserve and subject to minimum rides for each main team member (except for injury, of course). The fact is that this is not the rule. The track doctor should be from a non-participant country with nothing to gain or lose from their decisions. First he was ill, then he was injured. Later we will see if Walasek rides today. Given the 'stretching' of the rules and engine trouble in the final heat, I thought Hans was remarkably restrained.

Poland were truly the losers in all of this because, being on home soil, with home track preparation and a vast abundance of experience on this particular track, to squeak by by 3 points under controversy is really truly sad. Winning 16 out of 25 heats and only winning overall by 3 certainly doesn't show the consistency of the Danish team who only won 8 heats.

And for those that say that replacing Holder and Kennett (assuming they were not injured) isn't cheating, yes it is. Cheating is act of breaking the rules, not whether an advantage is gained by the breaking of the rule or not.

If rules were being broken then why didn't someone make a complaint during the meeting to the relevant officials instead of complaining to the TV afterwards

How do you know they didn't?

Do you know that they did

I think if they had we would have heard about it cos they would have been shouting from the rooftops