British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pinstripe

Reserve Rider Theory

Just been thinking about the theory alot of people seem to be coming up with.

If a reserve rule for the SWC is brought in which allows a reserve rider to replace a rider in the 1-5, surely this could see teams top riders being used as a reserve and taking a reserve ride whenever he wants?

:unsure:

You're clever ;):P

Thats why the rule only allows an INJURED rider to be replaced ;)

Exactly. So why are people suggesting this rule should be brought in inplace of the current reserve rule? it would be even more farcial!

But the rider would be limited to 5 rides, so if used tacticly (using your top rider as reserve) it wouldn't make much difference to the results as that rider would only have had 5 rides anyway

So what? Surely that's part of being a good team manager when picking the team. If you feel it is to the sides benefit to put your best rider at reserve then why shouldn't you? Seems fair enough to me.

They should give freedom to use the reserve for up to 5 rides, or, at least, come in at ant time to replace another rider full time.

So what? Surely that's part of being a good team manager when picking the team. If you feel it is to the sides benefit to put your best rider at reserve then why shouldn't you? Seems fair enough to me.

They should give freedom to use the reserve for up to 5 rides, or, at least, come in at ant time to replace another rider full time.

True.That is the scenario i was predicting a day before the meeting.I said Gollob should be reserve and come in for whoever isn't performing on the day to ensure a Polish win.Cieslak dropped balinski instead but the end result was the same :D

True.That is the scenario i was predicting a day before the meeting.I said Gollob should be reserve and come in for whoever isn't performing on the day to ensure a Polish win.Cieslak dropped balinski instead but the end result was the same :D

You're such a clever clogs Iris, and your post about the feeding of the 5,000 yesterday was hilarious!