British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

New England Manager?

So what are we talking here as a round figure to put on such a meeting with hire of stadium roughly?  :unsure:

:rolleyes:

I'm not sure on price to be honest, but I was led to belive Kings Lynn was around 1,000 per day.

There are people more qualified than myself to talk with on this forum. Maybe it's better to start a new thread on the subject.

I'm sure if you contacted sittingbourne they could help,perhaps even with the hire of their facilities. When I was involved with S.T.R. they were always realy good.

Also Stevehone sounds like he has good contacts at Kings Lynn. As iris123 said on another thread ask people you may be suprised who will help.

I'm sure they would help, now just need to get people interested :wink:

I also feel if someone approached Graham at Sittingbourne if he would help in anyway he could.

Oh and I was only asking out of interest on costs, not that I wouldn't be willing to help out in anyway possible but there are better qualified out there than me for putting on meetings.

This has developed into an interesting thread because I have always wondered if it would be possible for british fans to put a meeting on and perhaps call it something like The Supporter's Trophy meeting.

We do so much bleating about how we'd like the promoters to do this, that and the other in speedway so why don't we show em how it's done LOL and then they can pull our promoting skills apart or not as the case may be .................. all might be wishful thinking .......................

This has developed into an interesting thread because I have always wondered if it would be possible for british fans to put a meeting on and perhaps call it something like The Supporter's Trophy meeting. 

We do so much bleating about how we'd like the promoters to do this, that and the other in speedway so why don't we show em how it's done LOL and then they can pull our promoting skills apart or not as the case may be .................. all might be wishful thinking .......................

Trees, I am with everyone on this but it is not just the cost of hiring the stadium. You would need Public Liability Insurance, St John's Ambulance, A Qualified Doctor, Track Preparers/Rakers, Oil & Methanol Supplies. Marshals, Timekeeper & Referee might do it for nothing.

You might need an H & S acceptance as well.

Don't wish to be partypooper but these things must be considered

Best wishes

Brian

That's what I was getting at as a round figure, unless this all comes in with the hire of the stadium .... does it? :unsure:

Trees, I am with everyone on this but it is not just the cost of hiring the stadium. You would need Public Liability Insurance, St John's Ambulance, A Qualified Doctor, Track Preparers/Rakers, Oil & Methanol Supplies. Marshals, Timekeeper & Referee might do it for nothing.

You might need an H & S acceptance as well.

Don't wish to be partypooper but these things must be considered

Best wishes

Brian

Trees, the problem you would have is, IMO if you use contracted riders you will get little help from promoters.

In answer to Brian the St.Johns cost about 120 pounds (for a grasstrack meeting) which included a paramedic so you don't need a doctor,parents can rake tracks if needed. The oil,fuel and spares supplier comes free as normal.

The public liability insurance at grasstrack is caculated on spectaors but normally less than 300 pounds.

The interesting thing to me is everybody is negative, but,

Buxton hold grasstrack meetings no problem.

The 500cc sidecar association race at IOW no problem.

Buxton can run training at 25 pounds per rider no problem.

But noone puts on an U 15's champioship.....The only problem is no profits.

Like I put before 2,000 pounds will cover your costs.

Edited by MARK246