British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

Well Done to James Sargeant, on a well deserved win, and people ought to know not only is Jason Garrity only 13 so is James.

Nice to see so many of the youngsters who were regulars at Sheffield James, Jason, Cameron Hoskins and Jack Hirst, and Cameron is only 12 as far as I can remember.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the write that feature on this thread, which gave the impression that Jason was going to blast everybody away, no credit given to James and no mention of him, hopefully people are going to sit up and take notice of this quiet South Yorkshire lad.

Jason is spectular and very good to watch, but is prone to making mistakes, which James does not tend to do, and is far more of a polished rider, either way it is nice to see them do so well, and providing they can both get the backing will go on to be very good riders.

WELL DONE SARG

May I pass on my congratulations to little Sarj --bet he had a smile a mile wide (as did mum and dad!!). Nice one !! :D

Guest Christophers Dad

Just got home and with spending nearly 2 hours stuck on the M6 really tired.

Must admit we have had better days :o but when some rider decides to accidently plant his footrest through Chris,s front wheel things can only get better.

The bike can be repaired hopefully the other lad who i think was Graham Sykes is ok as when he left in the ambulance the news was not that promising .

Not in the mood for any piss taking. Congratulations to all the lads who rode today on a tight track.

Well done young James on his win .

All The Best

Pat

Guest Christophers Dad

Many thanks to Nigel Butler for all his help yesterday,first when the cut out refused to work and then getting Christophers other bike set up after his accident.

Not the best of days in many ways for my "Chubby Friend" but always about when needed.

What with Kye Norton having a spin on both Christophers bikes a good day was had by all.

Pat & Chris

PS

I will decline your very kind offer on the methonal Nige, we might be good

mates but even im not that flighty. :D

Cheques in the post .

Edited by Christophers Dad

Guest Christophers Dad
Qualifing points :

R Franklin 8

J Sarjeant 11

J Butler 1

S Meakins 3

D Greenwood 8

J Garrity 6

S Hazelden 4

M Jowett 4

K Norton 4

D Lamb 8

C Hoskins 4

J Hirst 7

Semi Final

1st Franklin

2nd Hazelden

3rd Hirst

4th Lamb

Final

1st Sarjeant

2nd Greenwood

3rd Franklin

4th Hazelden fxc.

Quite a good meeting but marred by a few nasty falls.

Fastest time of the British under 15 Championship.

Heat 3 in 47.4 won by Jason Garrity.

Any results from the Reserve Races,hopefully we can have a round at Plymouth :o

Had a call from the father of one of the riders immediately after this meeting which got me thinking. The gist of it was: "We've just finished, everything's OK, so his mum and I can relax tonight after the drive home. He's really enjoyed it, desperate for another go. Oh, and by the way, he scored x points so he was really pleased with that."

I wouldn't mind betting that this sentiment broadly reflected the view of every parent there. How appalling it must be to have a child who wants to ride speedway – that parental mix of 80 per cent encouragement and support for your offspring's dream mingled with 20 per cent of blood-curdling terror every time he or she throws a wheel over a bike. I would dread it were any of my four that way inclined.

But, given that desire – and there's no way you can eradicate it from the human psyche – how fortunate that so many people give of their time and talent to ensure proper training under appropriate conditions for these youngsters.

Congratulations to all involved and I trust the news on the injured rider is better than it appears.

Well done to all the boys yesterday, some good racing.

I would like to congratulate everyone at Northside for putting on a good show the facility is awesome and the staff are very friendly and helpfull, thankyou.

Shame about the REF.

When and where are the next rounds of the British U-15s?

I'd like to get to one, but the two rounds so far have been at opposite extremities of the country at times when I just couldn't get there.

I can't find any details of the where and when of the next round.

Guest Christophers Dad
When and where are the next rounds of the British U-15s?

I'd like to get to one, but the two rounds so far have been at opposite extremities of the country at times when I just couldn't get there.

I can't find any details of the where and when of the next round.

Hopefully the next one will be at Plymouth on a Friday night :D:D

Poor Richy.... Some times your luck's in, some times it ain't..... ;)

Regards.

PS.

As Jacks Dad said... "Well done to all the boys". B)

Good to see 'Little Soren' - that's Jason Garrity - competing in this meeting

He is a pleasure to watch at BV

The other week he came round the third/fourth bend and tied himself in knots in the process - tried to correct it - but fell off

I observed to my friend - 'Now he knows what made Peter Craven - Peter Craven'

Good luck to the rest of these lads riding in the championship

I was hoping there would be a meeting taking place either at Sheffield - BV as there has been in the past

Well done to all the boys yesterday, some good racing.

I would like to congratulate everyone at Northside for putting on a good show the facility is awesome and the staff are very friendly and helpfull, thankyou.

Shame about the REF.

And girl. :)

Report in the local paper, no mention of the injured rider, hope he is well.

Can only imagine what it feels like for a parent to have a son /Daughter racing speedway.There were some nasty accidents on Sunday but most seemed to have got away without any major injuries.

Big respect to all the competitors at the meeting, they are very tough and brave. :)

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/sport/viewart....aspx?id=546123

enjoyed the meeting yesterday, its good to see so much enthusiasm from the young riders, james serjeant deserved to win it think however, garrity looked quick and has a very bright future.

There were a couple of bad accidents, hope the lad Sykes is ok looked a nasty crash.

Well done to all at Northside and the Comets promotion, and the youngsters involved.