British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gaj2003

British Under 15's Championship 2007

No offence but hasn't this been tried years ago, we had centres of excellence at Sheffield and two other tracks which all had 125cc bikes provided for them, Louis Carr was in charge of it but it didn't last long.

Does not mean we have to stop trying, put the proper kind of money, all 4 of the tracks I have mention are capable and I think would be keen to get involved.

No I agree but we are talking about the BSPA here, putting money in and doing things properly doesn't go with them.

Does not mean we have to stop trying, put the proper kind of money, all 4 of the tracks I have mention are capable and I think would be keen to get involved.

We are trying but 2 of the tracks you mentioned have asked but no help as yet to my knowledge. Bsap have people who should be doing this but haven t apart from 2x under 15s and 2 races at cardiff. We are told that from the start of this year if your under 14 you can t ride a 500 so hopefully this will increase the numbers on 250cc so we can get more matches like at scunny this sunday.

Any results from the Reserve Races,hopefully we can have a round at Plymouth :

Race off

1st Nathen Stoneman

2nd Chris Bint

3rd Graeme Sykes

Reserves Race "A"

1st Nathen Stoneman

2nd Chris Bint

Graeme Sykes fell ex

Reserves Race "B"

1st Montana Jowett

2nd Chris Bint

Nathen Stoneman ex

Peter Oakes said in programe notes a round to be held at Stoke & Oxford.

Excellent collection of pictures also available to view and purchase in the 2007 galleries at

www.dave-payne.com

Guest Christophers Dad
Excellent collection of pictures also available to view and purchase in the 2007 galleries at

www.dave-payne.com

Good pic of Christophers bike in the air, luckily he got up ok :angry:

Edited by Christophers Dad

Guest The Sceptic

I have been asked to post this on behalf of a very good friend who Son rides speedway.

This Seasons Under 15 Championship is a joke,we are now 3 weeks away from the end of the season and up to today we have had 2 rounds.

Riders on 250cc bikes are now on track with riders on 500cc bikes clearly against regulations issued by the BSPA.

The 250cc riders have now set their own Mini Matches up and after watching them at Scunthorpe last Sunday it was great to see all the lads having fun and just being kids.

Can the BSPS get somebody who actually cares about Junior Speedway

to run this series,and does not have his favourites.

Peter Oakes has so many jobs im surprised he does not have a paper round,just get Micheal Lee involved i do believe he knows a little about motivation and even riding a bike.

I have been asked to post this on behalf of a very good friend who Son rides speedway.

This Seasons Under 15 Championship is a joke,we are now 3 weeks away from the end of the season and up to today we have had 2 rounds.

Riders on 250cc bikes are now on track with riders on 500cc bikes clearly against regulations issued by the BSPA.

The 250cc riders have now set their own Mini Matches up and after watching them at Scunthorpe last Sunday it was great to see all the lads having fun and just being kids.

Can the BSPS get somebody who actually cares about Junior Speedway

to run this series,and does not have his favourites.

Peter Oakes has so many jobs im surprised he does not have a paper round,just get Micheal Lee involved i do believe he knows a little about motivation and even riding a bike.

Have to agree I would like to see someone else involved instead of Peter Oakes, I feel that teh guy has too many fingers in anyone pie that cannot possibly have enough time to do the job justice.

Guest The Sceptic
Have to agree I would like to see someone else involved instead of Peter Oakes, I feel that teh guy has too many fingers in anyone pie that cannot possibly have enough time to do the job justice.

I honestly think he does not have the pies in his hands long enough to get his fingers in them :D:D

There was supposed to be a round at Oxford next week but i know that has been postponed :o

Junior Speedway let somebody who understands the sport run it :mad:

I honestly think he does not have the pies in his hands long enough to get his fingers in them :D  :D

There was supposed to be a round at Oxford next week but i know that has been postponed :o

Junior Speedway let somebody who understands the sport run it :mad:

I think the BSPA needs to grasp the nettle about this one, these boys need all the encouragement they can get and the competition, I have to agree that the Under 15 title has been shabbily run, and anybody who has not seen an Under 15 meeting needs to go and have a look as it is very entertaining.

If we are serious about having a British World Champion then we have to nuture these boys, because given the right backing and encouragement I see no reason why one cannot come from these bunch of talented youngsters.

But if we don't then we are never going to achieve that goal, somebody has mentioned Michael Lee, to be honest at first I scoffed at the idea, but Michael has seen and done it all, and see all the pitfalls and fell into a few, and I think that he would be good.

I remember a few seasons ago we had I think what they called the Training academy, where top youngsters were taken and given advice from looking after there bike, looking at workshops like Sudden Sam workshop and getting valueable advice, but thisd seems to have died a death, like I say the BSPA need to grasp the nettle.

I totally agree with you spin king but don t think i put my lad in the hands of lee or sudden sam(and he was my hero) to may ex stars are in it for themselves. But like everything in this great sport the bspa will do nothing as usual.

Sorry but I don't think Back Stabbing Peter Oakes is the way to go if he wasn't there for the Under 15's would there be anyone else to take it on!!!! Any of you prepared to do it...............

Sorry but I don't think Back Stabbing Peter Oakes is the way to go if he wasn't there for the Under 15's would there be anyone else to take it on!!!!  Any of you prepared to do it...............

Who s back stabing i and other parents have expressed our concerns to peter,and yes i am prepared to do it and have been arranging matches with other parents. Read Rob Goddfreys coments in this weeks star.

So you have expressed your concern's to Peter re-favouring other rider's etc can't understand why he's still doing it if your prepared to lighten his load!!!!!!!