British Speedway Forum
BobC

Pete Jarman

Taken from the Poole Website:

''Poole Speedway are saddened to hear of the death of former rider and Poole team manager and track curator Pete Jarman. A local man Pete Jarman was well known within speedway circles and was a one-time team-mate of current Poole team manager Neil Middleditch.

He began his riding career for Eastbourne in 1959 and enjoyed seasons at Stoke and Wolverhampton and Oxford during the Sixties. He moved to Cradley Heath during the 1970's and ended his riding career back at Eastbourne in 1977. He then joined the Poole club as track manager and was most respected for his ability to prepare ideal racing strips, spending many years as the main track curator at Poole Speedway.

The management, officials and riders all send their condolences to Pete's family''

It goes without saying,my sincere condolences to his family.

Very sad news.

I remember him & Middlo riding as a pair at Eastbourne. (Is it really 30 years ago?).

RIP Speedy Pete.

Fond memories of his time with Cradley. RIP Speedy Pete.

What sad news, only mentioned Speedy Pete for the 'Great Entertainers' in Backtrack thread a few days ago.

RIP

told my dad and he was pretty shocked ... he rode cycle speedway against Speedy Pete

Speedy Pete was probably the best track man in the business and just a really good fella. Sorry about the news, Old England just lost one of her best assets. Speedy Pete, you will be missed.

Very sad news indeed as everyone has said, especially coming so soon after the passing of former referee Will Hunter. I saw "Speedy Pete" racing many, many times and a nicer bloke you couldn't wish to meet either.

Deepest condolences to all his family and friends.

For further tributes go to:

http://cheetahschat.proboards76.com/index....85300765&page=1

Bryn

Know to all as Speedy Pete Jarman at Poole. Sorry to hear of his passing.

My dad called him the Lemon Juice Kid and remembers him fondly from his days with Wolves.

Rest in peace Pete

Very sad news indeed, I remmebr the cup final of 75 when he dived bombed a few riders on turn one, was great entertainer and a great guy, will be missed by all. rip Pete.

Very sad news indeed, I rememeber the cup final of 75 when he dived bombed a few riders on turn one, was great entertainer and a great guy, will be missed by all. rip Pete.