British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

British Speedway Gp 2008

Thanks for that, as a just in case, I have booked my room already.....wanted to get one nearer this time as it was horrendous getting back to my Cardiff outskirts hotel this year!

Could it be they are waiting to see which nations qualify for Euro 2008 to avoid clashing?

Possibly but as there is no football on the 28th (the Euro Final is in the evening on Sunday 29th) it would make it an attractive date to have it on as it will not clash with any home nation matches even if they were to get that far. Depending on the draw the other three weekends could clash with a home nation match - and as the draw takes place in December I can't see the organisers wanting to wait until then to announce the date.

When I called one hotel chain to book the weekend of 28/29 June 2008 I was told that I could not book as they were reviewing their prices because of 'the speedway that weekend'

Not confirmed but I would guess the 28th June is the date

Cardiff???? Bah, load of crap

I'm off to Leszno next year :D

And if that date is correct then the Travelodge in cardiff city centre has doubles and family rooms available @ £65 , hope this helps but hurry cos the prices will rocket !!!

And if that date is correct then the Travelodge in cardiff city centre has doubles and family rooms available @ £65 , hope this helps but hurry cos the prices will rocket !!!

Trouble with Travel Lodge now is they debit your account straight away.

You can cancel and get a refund but I'd rather not let any money change hands till closer to the day and / or its confirmed!

Edited by Sandie

And they can still raise the prices after you have booked. They did it to last year to quite a few people.

I checked out before booking and yes they do refund you so personally i don`t see the problem with putting it on a credit card and then getting a refund , it`s not as though they are taking it from your current account and you`re going to miss the money .

As for them changing the price well if you`ve paid in full then they can`t ask you to pay more at a later date , i`ve checked that one out with a friend who works for travelodge and i`ve also receieved a conformation letter stating this , the only time they can take more from you is if you`ve only paid a deposit so be careful .

£65 for a family room for me and my dad is a right result , now i`m just gonna sit back and watch the prices rise and wait for the hotels to say that it`s now a minimum 2 night booking that weekend .

good luck though in whatever you choose , im well happy with what i`ve got !!! :lol:

Trouble with Travel Lodge now is they debit your account straight away.

You can cancel and get a refund but I'd rather not let any money change hands till closer to the day and / or its confirmed!

Thats not the only problem with that cardiff central travelodge, the bloody noise is very loud until about 4am, we'll never stay there again. Maybe we were unlucky and got on the wrong side of the hotel, but i certainly wouldn't recommend it to light sleepers.

I checked out before booking and yes they do refund you so personally i don`t see the problem with putting it on a credit card and then getting a refund , it`s not as though they are taking it from your current account and you`re going to miss the money .

Thats true but only if you dont pay off your credit card each month. Its a long time between now and next June and if you dont pay it off then you are just compunding the interest so not such a good deal.

At the end of the day - if your happy with the booking thats all that matters. We have stayed There before and apart from being rather noisy if you get one of the rooms at the front or above Walkabout, it does its job. And its as close to the action as your gonna get!! :D

Edited by Sandie

I booked for the Holiday Inn, right near the stadium!!

We are booked in a hotel 4 miles from the city centre at £62 a night bed and breakfast.

Would have loved to have been back in the Lodge but just way too expensive :(

Hey it`s everyone to their own eh ? what`s the interest on £65 on my credit card over 3 months or so !! not that much and i`d sooner do that than have hassle we had this year and ended up in some grotty b&b .

£32-50 each for me and my dad in the centre of cardiff =bargain !!!

And as for the noise well we didn`t get to bed till 4am this year and we`d had a few too many so we`ll not have to worry about that . :shock:

How much have you got the holiday Inn for ? that`s got a good location aswell, there`s some good hotels and some not so good but i think it`s all about location because getting to the outskirts of cardiff after a big event can be a nightmare . :angry: