British Speedway Forum

Could any one tell me why in heat 1 harris and lindgren were excluded in seperate incerdents when the second crash happened after the red light came on.

Lindgren excluded for falling and causing red lights to come on whilst Harris wasnt under power from his fall!!

Could any one tell me why in heat 1 harris and lindgren were excluded in seperate incerdents when the second crash happened after the red light came on.

We wondered this.

Two options, Harris is the cause of the stoppage, he is excluded AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT Lindgren was riding around the bend just fine, he fell later (a second later), OR Chris did not cause the stoppage (he was getting up as Lingren fell and he rode off) so Freddie was the cuase of ths toppage as he caused Batchelor to fall too so eh should have been excluded.

As it is, both did deserve to be excluded as they fell separatly but both were unlucky that someone fell at the same times as them.

Is there anything good left in speedway now ? Another load of rubbish again, about time i took up fishing i think. :lol:

What a miserable bunch there are on here! After the initial hiccup, it was more entertaining than most Grand Prix in my opinion. Davey Watt was sensational and could have won the meeting. Not bad for a rider who no-one wanted a few seasons back. Tomas Topinka and Troy Batchellor made for good entertainment (justifying their places)

I really don't think Lee Richardson or Joe Screen would have made that much difference, and therefore the only rider we really missed was Jason Crump.

I personally thougth once the track was sorted it was an ok meeting, as for the riders who pulled out (crump aside) who did we miss?

except for the 1st 5 races which were a embarrasment and riders pulling out before it started i thoght it was a very good meeting with a deserving winner well happy nicki won it was very happy to see bomber and davey doing so well

After the intial hiccup with the track this was a very enjoyable meeting. Bomber continues to impress me with his attitude to each race he is in, never giving up and always lookin 2 overtake.

I'm happy for all you Sheffield fans that enjoyed your meeting, but personally I am glad I was at the ELRC...which proved to be better than I expected after all the changes to the line-up. Topinka and Batchelor really did themselves proud.

We wondered this.

Two options, Harris is the cause of the stoppage, he is excluded AT THE TIME OF THE INCIDENT Lindgren was riding around the bend just fine, he fell later (a second later), OR Chris did not cause the stoppage (he was getting up as Lingren fell and he rode off) so Freddie was the cuase of ths toppage as he caused Batchelor to fall too so eh should have been excluded.

As it is, both did deserve to be excluded as they fell separatly but both were unlucky that someone fell at the same times as them.

I think the referee got this completely wrong. Only Lindgren should have been excluded.

Just watched the replay on Sky. Bomber and Lindgren fall within a second of each other, Bomber just before Lindgren. Bomber maintains contact with his bike and keeps the clutch in to keep the bike under power. If this had been the only incident, there would have been no cause for the referee to stop the race as Bomber didn't impede anyone and was perfectly able to remount and carry on or clear the track in a safe amount of time. However, Lindgren, when he falls, parts company with his bike and pulls out the cut-out. Batchelor lays the bike down to avoid Lindgren.

The ref puts the lights on when Lindgren hits, or is about to hit, the fence. I'm not convinced that had the Lindgren and Batchelor incident not happened the ref would have stopped this.

As the camera is on Lindgren, Bomber can be seen riding round the track having remounted.

Lindgren was the primary cause of the stopage and Bomber was under power, albeit on the deck or in the process of remounting when the ref stopped it.

A poor decision in my opinion. I'm just glad it had no bearing on the actual result!

Guest chris26

not too bad a meeting once that farmers field was sorted! :blink:

heats 1-5 were shocking and at one point considered switching over to the cricket which was far more interesting

Edited by chris26

G the Bee, thats exactly how I saw it too.

Ref was not very good at all on two decisions, Hans should have gone out for knocking Topinka off, or all 4 back in that race too.

What a let down, to turn up and be told of so many chnages.....The riders are showing contempt for this competetion. Its just a money spinner for the BSPA. I felt cheated. It was like buying a CD of Bryan Adams, only to find when you got it home it was a Barry Manilow disc in the case :D ......JC was so proud to tell the waiting fans he had got Topinka included in the line-up in place of Screen....Then Lee Richardson had his break down....I guess these nearly new vans are so unrealiable these days.....

As for the track, i was speechless ( which takes some doing) The one chance to showcase the Kings Lynn staduim and track, and look what happens... Would it have happened if Huggy had still been doing the track...I think not...

I wonder what the BSPA/Sky will say next year if JC suggests they hold it at Saddlebow again ??? :sad: