3. Tom Hill - 1 1 0 = 2

4. Oliver Gay - F F 0 = 0

Heat 1 - Hopwood, Isherwood, Newman, Johnson. 63.0

Heat 2 - Taylor, Richardson, Hill, Gay (Fell). 63.3

Heat 3 - Hopwood, Isherwood, Hill, Gay (Fell). 63.1

Heat 4. Richardson, Taylor, Newman, Johnson. 64.0

Heat 5. Richardson, Isherwood, Newman, Gay. 63.1

Heat 6. Hopwood, Taylor, Newman, Hill. 63.9

All races were over by the end of the first lap as the Colts pairings just gated and went. The Colts riders were winning the races half a lap in front of the Somerset matches.

All races were over by the end of the first lap as the Colts pairings just gated and went. The Colts riders were winning the races half a lap in front of the Somerset matches.

Any wonder looking at the two line ups?!

Any wonder looking at the two line ups?!

yes the somerset team is a "true" academy team,

and also in heat five newman was leading on second lap isherwood knocked him off, gay laid bike down to avoid him race was allowed to continue with newman remounting,

I Brendan Johnson did not ride in this meeting as we arrived at track and my bike frame was snapped clean threw so had to withdraw !

Edited by MONKEYBOY

and also in heat five newman was leading on second lap isherwood knocked him off, gay laid bike down to avoid him race was allowed to continue with newman remounting,

Apologies for not mentioning that only from where I was stood I didn't see it. A point of interest is that Jason Garrity, the 14 year old Belle Vue mascot clocked a time of 62.7 seconds which was faster than all the Academy League matches. This came straight after he had a nasty high-side too.

I'm sure Newman was second actually behind the other BV rider, but I was surprised the red lights didn't come on.

I'm sure Newman was second actually behind the other BV rider, but I was surprised the red lights didn't come on.

Both riders got up very quickly didn't they? I guess that would explain why the red lights didn't come on.

Both riders got up very quickly didn't they? I guess that would explain why the red lights didn't come on.

Yeah, I just thought the referee would exclude the Belle Vue rider for running into the Someset lad.