British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

Kenneth Bjerre

I wasn't trying to say that Kenneth's behaviour is any strange or something. :) Sometimes it just seems to be little sulky, nothing else. ;) Every rider has his own way of overcoming stresses and stuff.

:D

You are right.

And yes i have seen Lasse a few times.He is good,but there are better even in his team.But that is this year.Next year might be different at that age ;)

Bjerre at fault but it wasn't a big dive up the inside, looks more like he wasnt paying attention in this case.

What was he like at Newcastle then ?

A miserable little sod , sat in the pits in his deck chair and didn't move until he stepped on the bike.

As for the incident I would say a bit of stupidity on his part but i cant say it looked intentional

I think the main thing in this story is not the incident itself, for which Bjerre was at fault, but these things happen. What people are getting upset about is Bjerre's attitude to all this. He didn't check on Kostek, he refuses to get in touch and apologize etc.

I think the main thing in this story is not the incident itself, for which Bjerre was at fault, but these things happen. What people are getting upset about is Bjerre's attitude to all this. He didn't check on Kostek, he refuses to get in touch and apologize etc.

That is harder to comment on as it is hard to know what the truth is.The video we can see and his attitude at the track we can also see.But this is just speculation.Sad if true.Also hear that Robert had all his money,papers and credit cards stolen in Sweden and Team Kostek were stuck :unsure::(

I have always enjoyed watching Kenneth race from the time he was a reserve for us. He is a very shy guy, unlike most Danes, but when I have spoken to him in the pits he has always been polite. As for his riding I don't recall any bad moments at Peterborough. I think he seems quite settled with Hans and Neils beside him.

Bjerre at fault but it wasn't a big dive up the inside, looks more like he wasnt paying attention in this case.

Spot on...

Needs to spend a year alongside Billy Janniro...teach him how to team ride, have fun and relax :D

Strange man, Bjerre is, no doubt about it.

Powodzenia Robert ! :)

Jack Parker, one of the greatest speedway riders Britain has ever produced, was renowned for keeping himself to himself in the pits. He did nothing to his machine during the meeting. He just gave instructions to his mechanic and left him to it. Parker either watched the racing or sat smoking his pipe and reading .

Was he any less a speedway rider or any less a man because of this. None of us who saw him regularly thought so. For many years, even after his death, Jack was known and respected both to speedway supporters and those who had never seen a speedway meeting.

People have many facets to their nature. Kenneth Bjerre may be a complicated man to some of us but does that matter? I firmly believe not. Judge his ability as a speedway rider [Peterborough seem to think well of him] and not how you see him as a man.

None of us has the right to criticise him and put forward our views of him as an individual. It is somewhat arrogant of us to do so - unless, of course, we have never offended anyone by our own attitude. Can you honestly say that of yourself? I can't. You see, I'm just a man with human frailties.

Ron, I totally agree. It is a human right to be the way you are, for better or worse. To be a shy, quiet lad is nothing to say about.

The problem is if you behave in a bad manner so the team doesn´t work out well or ride in a careless way. I think its a pity if Bjerre is starting to get the same repuatation as some of the other danes, ´cause I dont consider him as a danger rider who is hard to deal with in a team. Mostly of the time I consider him as a entertaining rider.

I guess KB will join another team in Sweden next year, I wouldnt say no if the he was willing to sign a contract with Elit Vetlanda.

With Loram and Robert K injured..and Bjerre dropped, who are piraterna going to use? :P

about airfence its not strange, its expensive most clubs cannot afford it.

Since next season even every club in Polish 2nd (almost half-pro) league will have to install airfence if want to get license. They cannot sometimes even afford buying new tyres for next match. But... Safety is the most important thing in speedway now. You say that clubs cannot afford airfences? Well, maybe they should quit signing Gollobs and Protasiewczs or Jagusies for a while and save a little investing in those people safety? They are already rumours than some of top Polish riders will resign riding in Sweden as it started to be hell risky. The stakes are high but fences are still wooden...

Edited by Lezaw

Since next season even every club in Polish 2nd (almost half-pro) league will have to install airfence if want to get license. They cannot sometimes even afford buying new tyres for next match. But... Safety is the most important thing in speedway now. You say that clubs cannot afford airfences? Well, maybe they should quit signing Gollobs and Protasiewczs or Jagusies for a while and save a little investing in those people safety? They are already rumours than some of top Polish riders will resign riding in Sweden as it started to be hell risky. The stakes are high but fences are still wooden...

The are no wooden fence in Sweden.

There are netfence with a wooden pin the three car tyres and behind that a ironpole holding a part of the fence up.

But the safety has to come first, no doubt about it.

We love speedway and we will not want to see the riders get badly injured.

The talking about costs is a silly thing as lifes are more worth than some silly money.

I dont know what the swedish motorfederation (SVEMO) is up to though. I certainly hope that airfences or something better will be a must for 2008.

/ Mikael

Edited by tarabanko

The are no wooden fence in Sweden.

There are netfence with a wooden pin the three car tyres and behind that a ironpole holding a part of the fence up.

You are right, mate. Cheers for this description. ;)

But we still have some wooden fences in Poland (e.g. Krosno). I think now only two or 3 clubs do not have airfences in Poland. Since 3 Polish companies have started to produce airfences, costs relatively went down. So maybe there is a chance. But we still do not know what to do with a space between ground and lower part of an airfence. How to attach its lower part to the ground. Last time there were few dangerous and unfortunately sore crashes in Poland where riders get beneath the airfence and hit the stiff fence behind, breaking legs e.g. But I guess we (I) go off topic.

Kostek was riding with iron plate on his right arm bone and his arm broke just next to it, but luckily not in the very same place as last time. Another sad thing is that Kostek was robbed in Linkoeping (when leaving hospital) by some Swedish scum, who rode on a bike next to Kostek's bus, while his team was packing stuff. This punk grabbed Kostek's backpack with money and all IDs inside. :/ That is why Kosciecha had to spend few more days in Sweden waiting on new passport and so.

Unlucky mate, I tell you. :/