British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing News

Has anybody ever travelled to Saransk independently?

I,ve done it with a tour company but wondered if it is possible to arrange it yourself.

Any advice?

It is possible but its safer if you fly to moscow then take the train to Saransk you will need to get a visa from the russian embassy in london, pm me if you need to know more.

Malcolm

My guess was right and Berlin will be hosting the German Championship on the thursday.

They have finally updated their web-site.Prices now online

Berlin

Blago is all set to host the opening meeting of the season on the 17th November.A number of foreign riders lined up including Bauer,Svensson,Serenius and Tschatschin.

Edited by iris123

Anyone give me the lowdown on Östermalms?Thinking of maybe going as the flights are pretty cheap with Ryanair.Is it an artificial ice track?Don't want to get there and find the meeting is cancelled because of warm weather

Ah-ha! Back on line after three weeks off because Orange decided to cut me off!

I was talking to Roger Newton recently and he tells me that the British place in the World Championship Qualifiers is the Saalfelden Round in January. He also says that it is looking like the end of November for the Brits to practice, but I'm sure Malcolm can let us know the exact dates.

If you are looking at Hotels in Berlin, I have booked into the Winters Hotel opposite the Stadium again, and it looks like they aren't filling up rapidly this year if you are after accommodation.

Anyone know much about accommodation in Saalfelden BTW?

Anyone know much about accommodation in Saalfelden BTW?

Could try German Speedway fan.If i remember he did go to Saalfelden last time around.Unfortunately because of the weather he didn't see an racing though.But would have had accommodation sorted.

Anyone give me the lowdown on Östermalms?Thinking of maybe going as the flights are pretty cheap with Ryanair.Is it an artificial ice track?Don't want to get there and find the meeting is cancelled because of warm weather

It's a 400m long track used normally for skating during the winter. It's artifical I guess... It's not on a lake? :blink:

@ Conkers

what would you like to know about Saalfelden? Been there last year. But had no racing due to the warm weather...

German Speedway Fan Posted Today, 10:05 AM

@ Conkers

what would you like to know about Saalfelden? Been there last year. But had no racing due to the warm weather...

Mainly the accommodation situation. I am considering flying to Saltzburg, Saturday then train to Saalfelden, then back after the meeting to Saltzburg.

@ Conkers

should be the best way. I traveled for a week of holiday by train from Karlsruhe to Saalfelden via. Salzburg. From Salzburg its 60-75 minutes by train. Try to get a room at lenzing. Its totaly near the track. If not Taxi isn't so much expensive or go by bus to "Saalfelden Lenzing Schule" Then its just a walk to the track.

from Svensk Isracing:

SANTA CUP - Invited Riders so far:

Antti Aakko - Finland

Tommy Flyktman - Finland

Franz Zorn - Austria

Markus Skabraut - Austria

Harald Simon - Austria

Jan Klatovsky - Czech Rep

Johnny Tuinstra - Netherlands

Sven Holstein - Netherlands

Sebastian Gegenbauer - Germany

Dates confirmed so far:

26 Dec Santa Cup - Örnsköldsvik

27 Dec Santa Cup - Östersund

28 Dec Santa Cup - Bollnäs

29 Dec Santa Cup - Gävle

11-12 Jan World Individual Championship-semifinal - Östermalms IP, Stockholm

13 Jan World Individual Championship-semifinal - Saalfelden, Austria

26-27 Jani World Individual Championship-semifinal - Inzell, Germany

26 Jan European Individual Championship -semifinal - Sanok, Poland *

27 Jan European Individual Championship-final - Sanok, Poland *

16-17 Feb Team World Championship -final - Krasnogorsk, Russia

23-24 Feb World Individual Championship-final - Saransk, Russia

8-9 Mar World Individual Championship-final - Assen, Netherlands

15-16 Mar World Individual Championship-final - Berlin, Germany

18 Mar International - Vinterstadion Örebro

Edit: *This may wrong as I can't see the Sanok meeting running against Inzell!

The only other date I can add is the Roloef Thijs Bokaal on Friday 7th March is Assen

According to the Erfurt Website, there won't be any racing there in 2008 as it's Easter the weekend after Berlin, and there are no suitable dates before or after available. Looks like the Golden Spike Series has bitten the dust for 2008!

I just hope the weather turns cold this winter!

Edited by Conkers

The MSC Steingaden will stage a International Ice race on the 6th of January.

Saransk will stage a International Ice race on the 20th of January (Prize of the Head of Mordovia).

Edited by DutchGrasstrack

Just checked the Sanok website, and yes - they are running the same weekend as Inzell AND are staging the Sanok cup on Friday so there are three meetings that wekend. Good stuff if it's cold.

Now, where is Sanok........

Just checked the Sanok website, and yes - they are running the same weekend as Inzell AND are staging the Sanok cup on Friday so there are three meetings that wekend. Good stuff if it's cold.

Now, where is Sanok........

Sanok is in the south of Poland, near the Ukrainian border ;).