British Speedway Forum
Conkers

Ice Racing News

Was a great weeknd of racing.The weather was fine saturday,but wet on sunday.Could have been worse though.I am just surprised at the crowd figures given.3,900 saturday and 4,500 on sunday!!!! :unsure: I thought sundays attendance was lower than saturdays.I would even say i haven't seen it so empty on a sunday.Had no problems moving around and finding a spot,whereas normally you really have to fight to get around

I can not understand why Krasinkov got excluded in his 4th ride on Saturday evening.. My German is not good! Can anyone enlighten me?!

I can not understand why Krasinkov got excluded in his 4th ride on Saturday evening.. My German is not good! Can anyone enlighten me?!

For dangerous or unfair riding

For dangerous or unfair riding

Thanks for that Iris... looked like some wild stuff!

Edited by The Cat

Nice pics Conkers.You might strike lucky with the one of Franky and the young lady with her face painted.She has already been in contact with me for a photo.She has asked for a photo of me as well though!!!! :shock::wink:

A few videos from saturday with all the finals(though the A+D are the only ones worth watching)plus a few other heats.Hopefully vids from sunday will be on soon

Berlin vids

A few videos from saturday with all the finals(though the A+D are the only ones worth watching)plus a few other heats.Hopefully vids from sunday will be on soon

Berlin vids

Just seen this. Now if it was all like that I might like it. :wink:

Very interesting to see that Daniil Ivanov is riding speedway already, just 3 days after Berlin he rode already a meeting in Tarnow :shock::approve:.

Very interesting to see that Daniil Ivanov is riding speedway already, just 3 days after Berlin he rode already a meeting in Tarnow :shock::approve:.

Well it is almost like Ice racing out there at the moment :lol:

Malmö

Edited by iris123

rusky Posted Today, 07:20 PM

Good pic's Conkers, but your website really needs to be Firefox friendly

The site uses Dragonfly - an updated PHP Nuke. It is optimised for Firefox rather than IE, although I check it in Safari as that is on my Mac.

Can you PM me with what problems you are having, as Dragonfly should work better with Firefox

There is an interview with Nikolai Krasnikov on his return to Ufa.Ihave translated a bit with the aid of babelfish

"Everything went well and success was on our side.I share the victory with my trainer Vladimir Belogonov and my father Oleg.This is my team.We depend equally on each other.With us,nobody made a large contribution and someone else a smaller contribution.Vladimir is trainer and looks after the engine and my father takes care of the rest of the bike.To be successful you have to have faith in your team.And i have faith in my team.I never doubted that we couldn't win the 4th title.

I would also like to thank my sponsors and fans from Russia,even from Ufa who travelled to support me.It is great when you travel to another country and see support from Russia.But the foreign fans are also good to the Russian racers.It is unimportant if you are from Austria,Finland or Russia.If the rider gives his best,he will get support from the foreign fans.

The first day in Berlin we had problems with new electrical system on the bike.But on the second day everything worked according to plan."

Then there is an interesting bit about this new "Ignition system" from trainer Belogonov,which seems to say that the FIM make rules up on the spot.Surely not!!!! :lol: And a lot of riders were caught out with the ignition not working such as Drozdov and Bauer.I just use babelfish for this rather than trying to put it in better english

"The imperfection of the construction of new system and the groundlessness of requirements FIM about its required application let itself be known in Berlin entirely. We talked with the Director-General of plant "Java" and laid out to it all these claims. It also agreed, it is said, 50 years drove, and not had whom problems whatever, the previous system of the emergency disconnection of ignition in the case of a drop in the racers never gave failure. Cost to introduce this innovation - in all they they appeared. We explained the situation of technical commission. But she stood on her: once FIM made a decision, it is necessary it to carry out ".

Then Nicolai talks about the GP system and the Russian final

"It is hard in the Russian final.You have to finsih in top 8 to progress.It is very hard.Not everyone,even good riders can make it through.But in the GP it is better.You can enter every meeting with a cool head.The main thing is to pass when possible,but to stay in one peice for the next day.A multi-stage competition better shows the athletes skill,preparations and mental ability.

And then he says that it has never been a thought of his about breaking records set by others such as Tarabanko or Kadyrov

http://www.bashinform.ru/index.php?id=62885