British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bartosch

GP Qualification Final, August 17th, Poole

hmmmmmmmm......seems Steady was "helped" off his bike, then excluded by the danish referee........this ensured the DANISH Jesper B the 6th qualifying spot..................hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Guest Jumppe

YES!!!!!!!!! Finally we got GP-rider, Laukkanen did it!

By having Joonas at 7th place we might get 2 for GP 2004.

I can tell you all, whole finnish SPW-family has gone nuts tonight!

BR,

Jumppe :D:D:D:D

Just returned from a marathon meeting - 3 and a half hours for 20 heats! :?

Pepe fully deserved to win, was definitely on form all day. Shame to lose PK and Lukas in a really bad crash when they both locked together out of the start and demolished the fence heading it at full speed.

A lot of quite bad crashes, just caused by nothing more than riders trying to go for any gap. The racing got better as it went on, but PK and Lukas were definitely missed. Lukas has a broken ankle, not a good month for him!

Steady needed a win on his last heat to go for the last qualifying place but ended up in the fence. Couldn't really see who was at fault from where I was stood but the grandstand left the ref in no doubt!

Good forum meet-up today. Nice to see LW, Bart, WvH, Scotty, TT, SteveT, MrD, Jo1515, DutchBoy (fat, blond and blobby huh! :P ) and Star Lady with supporting visits from Steve Shovlar. :)

Well done to the 6 qualifiers. Protasiewicz has definitely improved this year, in the EL & GPs so he certainly deserves his place. All the others have qualified on merit, so they all deserve their GP place.

Well Done Simon Stead for winning the event - I knew he could do it, superb passes in all his races - AMAZING

Steve what is your verdict on this amazing British Talent?

hard luck simon....NEARLY

you'll do it next year

Well done to the top 6 qualifiers!!!!

Shame about PK and Lukas, hope they both get well soon!

Sounds like a good meeting, would have thought that sky would have shown it but nevermind.

I have just got back from Wimborne Road after watching this afternoons/evening meeting.

The whole thing was marred by an horrific crash, which was far worse than the recent L Dryml crash in the GP. :x

Its happened on the first bend. Lukas and Peter Karlsson got tangled together and headed for the fence at full speed. There was no way either of them could avoid the crash and they ploughed into the fence at full speed, head on. :x

The fence was smashed to pices, the supporting post demolished by Lukas's crash helmet which knocked him clean out. :x

The two ambulances were at the scene within seconds, and the crew were running about getting the stretchers ready and the oygen to the injured pair.

After a few tense minutes Lukas amazingly got to his feet, to the relief and applause of the very worried crowd. A minute later Peter kalsson also got up, and the relief on the crowds was clear to see. :)

However, as a precaution Lukas was taken off to hospital, where it has just been diagnosed that he has a broken ankle, and is likely to be out for the remainder of the season. Hope this is not the case. :x

P Karlsson took his place in the rerun and hour later, but pulled up after a lap and went to hospital and it looks like a broken rib for him. :x

Other news is that Simon Stead was robbed of at least a runoff for 6th place by a referee from Denmark. :x Stead was on gate 4, and pushed out to the fence on the first bend by Dubrucki. He had to go down or through the fence. The ref excluded Stead and the crowd was in uproar. :-( A terrible decision that left Jensen of Denmark through. Luckily the ref wasn't lynched. :twisted:

Cheers

Steve Shovlar

Steve sounds a horrific crash, lucky it wasn't more fatal. So when are the air fences becoming compulsary @ tracks then :?: It's only a matter of time before it happens. Jason Crump took a shove through the fence @ Eastbourne last night, and yes I did say a shove! ended up on the stock car track.

Hope both riders are fighting fit again soon xx

YAY KAJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

I knew he'd do it.............now im only gutted about one thing..........the fact that i couldnt go!

I know who im supporting in the GPS this year........COME ON PEPE!!!!!!!!!!

I was almost afraid to watch after the first three heats. It was great to meet London Witch at last :D and to see Star Lady again after such a long time :D. Oh, and Steve Shovlar ;) .

Disappointed that Tomas didn't qualify, but Pepe deserved the win, he rode brill, and wow, Kaj really surprised me, he was in the same sort of form as he rode in the SWC, brill :shock::D .

Gutted for Lukas. This even puts his 2004 GP place in jeopardy if he's out for the rest of the season :-( .

Anyone got any news on Seb?

1.Pepe

2.Brhel

3.Pedersen

4.KAJ LAUKKANEN

5.Ales

6.Jesper B

Looks like a very disappointing 6 qualifiers to me.

The triumph of the been there, not quite done it brigade.

Protasiewicz, Brhel, Pedersen are already there and not making much impact. Laukkanen and Jensen have been there before and Ales Dryml has an Elite League average of less than 4.

Don't see the GP upper echelons losing any sleep over that lot.