British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
asturmer

Where Are They Now?

Anyone know what Roger Johns is up to these days.We all enjoyed watching him at Wimbledon on the outside in the dirt! Also brother Alan, used to look like a hairy Monster at Canterbury with long hair and bushy black beard!! There was another maybe Peter Johns? :)

Wasn't(isn't)Peter involved in tuning bikes?

Would like to know how they are all doing.Especially Roger,who was a great rider and Dons servant.One of the best club riders i have seen

Anyone know what Roger Johns is up to these days.We all enjoyed watching him at Wimbledon on the outside in the dirt! Also brother Alan, used to look like a hairy Monster at Canterbury with long hair and bushy black beard!! There was another maybe Peter Johns? :)

as iris said peter is a tuner for a lot of the top riders,alan is still involed with bike so im told,havent seen roger for years,i usead to help him at wimbledon along with long time spanner man ron,had a great time helping him when we went to edinbourgh with the luckhurst boys,i remember driving jamies van all the way home when they were sleeping.

all the best keith

I saw Roger's mechanic, Ron, at Wimbledon a couple of years ago. He said he hadn't heard from Roger in years; seems he became something of a recluse.

Steve