British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lezaw

Marek Cieslak - National Polish Coach - Resigns!

Marek Cieślak, who few weeks ago won gold medal in SWC with his team in Leszno, has resigned from being a national coach, after PZM has made some peculiar decisions refer to upcoming SGP in Bydgoszcz. He was very upset or rather angry that Polish speedway head quater has given Karol Zabik an obliged reserve position in Bydgoszcz SGP while he is to ride in U-21 final next day in Ostrow and need to concentrate or rest, rather than staying at pits watching others riding in SGP. And the second reason was that Cieslak wanted to have some training camp with U-21 national team before World Team U-21 Final in Abensberg, and PZM did not consult the final decision with Cieslak choosing Gdansk for a place of this camp. Marek Cieslak said that this is ridiculous decision as Gdansk track is totally different than Abensberg.

I myself fully respect and support his decision!

Welcome to Poland. :/

Edited by Lezaw

Good that he sticks to his principles and doesn't take any crap.If you have a succesful coach with the experience he has you should listen to what he says,not ignore it :unsure:

Remember seeing Marek riding for White City and Poland.was a good little rider :D

Also worth noting is that Cieslak has hinted in interviews that he might quit his job as a speedway manager/coach altogether and concentrate on his business.

Edited by tommy

...on his business.

Which is a breeding of pedigree dogs. Seriously.

Edited by Mateusz

Wonder who they'll bring in to replace him!

Wonder who they'll bring in to replace him!

Well, full coach team were Cieslak, Zyto and Kowalik as co-coaches. I am sure that those two who stayed will take Marek's place.

Edited by Lezaw

I could take his place if I had more time :wink: