British Speedway Forum

Though this gp was good entertainment i have seen far better at byd.

Track was much slicker & the outside lines just we're not working except for Tomasz who is the master where bydgoszcz is concerned.

A disappointing night for the brits but very much something bomber will learn from, Scott i'm afraid just didn't have the speed needed on this track.

Well that was an incredible final, and one of the few truly worthy of winning a Grand Prix.  Fantastic ride by Gollob, though he only seems to do it in front of his own fans nowadays!  Bet Nicky is a bit sore after getting a taste of his own medicine!!  :P  :wink:

Well, I make it the last 3 x GPs Gollob has made the Final, so cannot understand this comment - which is the usual lame pundit type comment that we get from people who do not understand the Genius that Tomasz Gollob is.

Tomasz, Tomasz, Tomasz. You have been waiting to do that to Nicki for a few GPs now, but what brillaint timing in your home GP. Absolutely stunning. Not the fastest but simply the best. How speedway will miss you whan you pack up in 2009. Then maybe people who do not understand the genius will have their eyes opened. The best speedway rider never to win the Title? Probably. The best motorcyclist of all time? Almost. Pure Genius.

Nicki? A great champion, backed up by the best preparation, best engines, best back up. But why do you then try and take Tomasz off after he beat you in the Final? Typical Danish mentality. Goes back to Finn Thomsen tacking Sanders off after a heat had finished at Hackney in 1981. Why do they do it? It tarnishes what could have been a great reputation. A shame.

Why is it Danish riders cannot change riding styles, direction, on the track? Great set-ups but one liners mainly. Exemplified by Hans Andersen.

Oh, and Nicholls somehow is still in the top 8.

KK will make a great addition to GP next season - hopefully Vojens will treat him well.

Edited by macca56

well done gollob what a rider he is on his day too bad he dosent do that every gp. im well happy nicki is almost world champ 31pts ahead hopefully he can get it done in the next gp also i would like to se kk in gps next year hes good enough to

Tomasz Gollob,WOW................ Superb, what a guy, what a final :D:D

Most entertaining rider in Speeedway. B)

Tomahawk Ojej! , klasyfikować u pewien rower !

Edited by topaz325

Thou it was a great and brave move by gollob a lesser rider than nicki would have fell and would have got gollob excluded .

Bar that a cow pat of a meeting, how they turned the best track in the world into what is was tonight was a great feat .

Thou it was a great and brave move by gollob a lesser rider than nicki would have fell and would have got gollob excluded .

Bar that a cow pat of a meeting, how they turned the best track in the world  into what is was tonight was a great feat .

Thought it a similar move to the one by Kenneth Bjerre that ended with a broken arm for Kosciecha.Like Nicki said,if it was anywhere else he might have thought about going down :P

Scott i'm afraid just didn't have the speed needed on this track.

And the excuses start - it's never that he's just not good enough on the night, is it? There's always a ready made list of excuses to be trotted out to excuse another dismal failure from the former British champion.

Anyway, another sizzling performance from the great man to take his eleventh GP win, which is eleven more than the former British champion has and will probably ever have.

Worst GP of the season very little overtaking and very little racing.

There was passing though. It was just boring. Like Arena Essex.

Thought it a similar move to the one by Kenneth Bjerre that ended with a broken arm for Kosciecha.Like Nicki said,if it was anywhere else he might have thought about going down :P

Rubbish. What reason did Nicki have for going down, and not doing so got him 2 GP points. If you can't take the heat, Little Nicki, stay out of the oven.

Surely you are not advocating diving in speedway? Because that it was it would have been if Little Nicki had gone down.

Rubbish.  What reason did Nicki have for going down, and not doing so got him 2 GP points.  If you can't take the heat, Little Nicki, stay out of the oven.

Surely you are not advocating diving in speedway?  Because that it was it would have been if Little Nicki had gone down.

You really are funny. At least "little Nicki" has been world champion and will be again. Something that big Gollob will never achieve.

My money's on Gollob  ;)

Do i get a prize???

And next weeks Lotto numbers in acsending order are....................... :lol:

"You really are funny. At least "little Nicki" has been world champion and will be again. Something that big Gollob will never achieve."

Totally agreed, BritPete (supporting a Dane of course).

But sometimes the better riders with not such good back up don't suck seed.

Well done to Little Nicki on his 2nd SGP success.

The gates to Hell are open again..............

Edited by macca56

Rubbish.  What reason did Nicki have for going down, and not doing so got him 2 GP points.  If you can't take the heat, Little Nicki, stay out of the oven.

Surely you are not advocating diving in speedway?  Because that it was it would have been if Little Nicki had gone down.

I am not advocating anything.Just repeating what i heard.At least that is what i think i heard.As for "Little Nicki",i think you will find him at the top come the end of the season.You need to be more than the master of one track to be World Champ,ya know B)

Edited by iris123