British Speedway Forum
Paragon

U21 World Team Cup

Tai wasn't part of the main team so couldn't be used unless one of the others pulled out injured, which they didn't.

Team GB were obviously dropping points from these two, so it should have been decided which one was more injured than the other to allow Josh to come in.

I'm almost certain that it does only apply in the WTC, not in the U21 WTC. I have noticed that in the U21 WTC Semifinals, several riders (of the main team) got replaced only to ride later on in the meeting. Jedrzejewski of Poland, Kosolapkin and Kantiukov of Russia as well as Jonasson and Gustafsson of Sweden.

I dont think Josh would of made much impact at this level. Cant really fault James and Danny TNT, theyre arent as blessed as some with equipment and support.

Its good to see Lewis Bridger scoring well, oh how I love to him at Wolves next year. B)

I dont think Josh would of made much impact at this level. Cant really fault James and Danny TNT, theyre arent as blessed as some with equipment and support.

Its good to see Lewis Bridger scoring well, oh how I love to him at Wolves next year. B)

Quite agree that Danny and James are ahead of Josh at the moment, but this was obviously a weak area and if Josh was allowed a race, it should have been tried really.

As for Lewis . . think he would fit in well at Wolves and I'm sure Eastbourne would be willing to loan one of our Scandanavian assets in return :rolleyes:

OK - Seems it was Josh Auty at reserve and not Tai. Weird choice really considering his Conference and U-18 Titles.

However, King started with a win, then after an engine failure he struggled with his bikes as he only beat the German tail enders.

James Wright was much the same, picking his points off the non scoring riders only.

Poland showed them how to do it in this years WTC when Walasek suddenly had a foot injury that lasted until the presentation when he was dancing around like John Travolta.

Team GB were obviously dropping points from these two, so it should have been decided which one was more injured than the other to allow Josh to come in.

The end of the day, good showing by all, but sadly a few points shy in the end.

2009 Tai, Josh, Lewis, King (?), Haines.

Maybe Oakes thought King and Wright needed the experience in this situation. Plenty of for Auty and Woffinden time to come.

www.bahnsport-bilder.de

more than 300 pics from the meeting...