British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

I got parking for overnight ... about 7 minutes

walk from Walkabout.

The Victoria Hotel on Corporation Road. You

can use this if you like ...

7 minute walk? 7 minute run!

There's enough on street parking around walkabout, it may mean doing a dozen laps of walkabout in the car but you'll get a space, eventually. It's where I park when I go into Newport (because I'm too tight to pay for a car park).

Is Newport do able, how much for taxi between the 2 if any hotels left there?Any help from Cardiff vets appreciated.
There should be places (how much you looking to spend? I know of some higher prices hotels that have places, we're talking £100 for the night, give or take a little). Then just get a train from town. Only about £3.60 return. Then another £1.20ish for a bus into town.

Just found a space at the Roman Lodge Hotel in cardiff(Or 2.6 miles outside) for that night. Anyone know it, ,presume it would be easy by taxi?
I know of a Roman Lodge in Caerleon (Newport) but not sure of one in Cardiff and google on bring up the Caerleon one. They claim to be 20 minutes from the Millennium Stadium on some websites but it's nearer 30-35. Probably can be done by the bus/train idea in 45 minutes max. Probably need to get a taxi back in the night from the train station though. this is the one I'm on about, ignore that it says Cardiff, it's most certainly not.

I got parking for overnight ... about 7 minutes

walk from Walkabout.

The Victoria Hotel on Corporation Road. You

can use this if you like ...

We got rooms free as well if anyone is stuck ...

and we'll provide transport to the venue and

back to Newport again. B & B plus evening meal.

We got a bar and restaurant there and a take

away pizza place too, lol......

so plenty of beer and plenty of food and

transport to/from Cardiff and somewhere

to collapse ... sounds too good to be true.

Get back to me if anyone is really stuck for a place.

Cheers guys

Hey davidba

How about the above mate and get a freebie. Let me know if you book the coach and we will meet you at Victoria

We'll be there again :approve: But this year we're bringing along a couple of extras.

We're staying at the Ibis Cardiff Gate hotel, I think. Nothing glam, but it's a bed for the night!

Really looking forward to this, especially since I haven't seen any live speedway for aaaages now!

I'll be in the PoW before the meeting with my Danish flag (which has Hans and Nicki written on it in glitter) so feel free to come and say hi :D and apologies to anyone that ends up covered in glitter like last year :oops: it rubs off on anything and everything.

We may have an spare room going at the Holiday Inn right near the stadium soon....will know for sure once I get a reply from the chap who was supposed to have it (he wanted someone to share the cost but has been unable to find anyone).

To save money and to make it easier on the travel arrangements we have asked for and got permission for an extra bed to be placed in my suite (cor sounds posh) at my hotel...now all I need is the chaps go ahead and if so, the room will be released.

We may have an spare room going at the Holiday Inn right near the stadium soon....will know for sure once I get a reply from the chap who was supposed to have it (he wanted someone to share the cost but has been unable to find anyone).

To save money and to make it easier on the travel arrangements we have asked for and got permission for an extra bed to be placed in my suite (cor sounds posh) at my hotel...now all I need is the chaps go ahead and if so, the room will be released.

Hi Sue, Just sent you a PM.

Having no luck with affordable place to crash still, did someone mention camping before!I/m sure i could borrow a tent, not been in one for about 20 years but hey its just one night, and after a few drinks!!

We camp every year at a place called lavernock point, about 15 minute bus ride from cardiff. Get yerself a tent and come join the party. As for drinking, wherever you can get to the bar! :P

Can you tell me what bus gets you to Laverneck point?Is the camping free?On their website it says nowt about money only showing your grand prix ticket?

Will get to cardiff about 1pm leg it up to the campsite set up and go straight back into town for the souvenir fayre before the main event, cant wait.What time is last bus to camp site ,or is it best to get taxi that way?

Cheers for info

Have had an absolute disaster. Booked a city centre hotel, walkable from the stadium, however confirmaton email has disappeared from our inbox, and we can't remember which hotel it is.

We've tried ringing several with no luck, and as it stands our card is going to be charged for a hotel we are not staying in!

Anyone got any ideas?

SW17 - 2 things spring to mind - firstly how did you choose the hotel? If it was via an advert somewhere or even a particular website or search engine then presumably you still have half a chance if you can remember the details? :unsure:

Also, if you booked over the phone then the number may be on an old bill if you still have it tucked away somewhere?

Both a bit of a longshot though. :neutral:

Good luck!

your card people should know???? just a thought :unsure:

It would be on previous bank statements, which if you have thrown away can always look up on the internet.

I'm going this year! My first GP at Cardiff.

Still looking to find somewhere to stay!

Where is everyone drinking before and after the GP?

Hi Clive, i'm coming and bring the famous Mr Shovlar with me i think a lot of people meet in the Prince-of-wales.so come and say hello, that applies to anyone form any of the clubs.

My tickets arrived this morning so that's got me a little bit excited!

Anyone else in block U8?

That's got me a little bit worried because we have got a new postman at the moment who is apparently getting the houses mixed up and putting post through the wrong letterboxes.

Knowing how the tickets were delivered last year with the envelope open and looking like some sort of rubbishy advert, to anyone who didn't know differently, I hope mine gets to the right place. :wink: