British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Guest sjl
Isn't Cardiff just the best :rolleyes:

Gutted not to be going this year after my 1st ever GP last year :cry:

Want to wish you all a great time but it's kinda getting stuck in my throat -- I am just SOOOOOOOOOOOS jealous :shock::lol:

odds 3/1 at the moment on your comment Trees :lol::wink:

Almost everywhere in Cardiff the prices go up when there is an event on at the Stadium regardless of what it is, they are there to make money they have the monopoly if you want to stay you have to pay, or drive there and back same day .... never again for us my Dad fell asleep at the wheel on the way home once (could of wiped out three generations) and I said then no matter what the cost I was staying with my family at a hotel.

Auntie Shazzy - does this include us??? :lol::wink:

And yes - agree with the Bird.

Lovely hotel, very welcoming, very accomodating. And not over pricy for 4 people. :lol:

Of course this means you ..... my extended speedway family!!!! Couldn't think of another hotel I'd rather be although inside information at the moment is saying the Marriott has a few nice butts in there :approve:

Of course this means you ..... my extended speedway family!!!! Couldn't think of another hotel I'd rather be although inside information at the moment is saying the Marriott has a few nice butts in there :approve:

Hmm - Danish, Swedish, English or Polish?????

No dont answer that!!!! :lol:

This will be my 1st GP and I cant wait!!!

Only got into speedway by watching the bears last season and watching the GP's on TV and now I'm absolutely hooked!!! :)

Roll on june!

Im off to cardiff, got some nice seats too! wooo, Im trying to arrange a trip to the danish grand prix. lets hope mads gets the wildcard...

I'm going to Cardiff!!

...as Forum folk seem (as has been said on here) to meet at the Prince of Wales in Queen Street, if I arrive there how will I know you all? Perhaps you could all wear a red rose and hold a copy of the Daily Telegraph? :lol:

This will be my 1st GP and I cant wait!!!

Only got into speedway by watching the bears last season and watching the GP's on TV and now I'm absolutely hooked!!! :)

Roll on june!

Redcar Bear - Its a great trip.

Cardiff was actually my first full speedway meeting I actually saw!! My daughter wanted to go but I didnt want her going alone so went with her. I'm hooked and now travel to Eurpore for foreign GP tours as well. :lol:

I'm going to Cardiff!!

...as Forum folk seem (as has been said on here) to meet at the Prince of Wales in Queen Street, if I arrive there how will I know you all? Perhaps you could all wear a red rose and hold a copy of the Daily Telegraph? :lol:

All you need to do is find Krissie.

She will grab your arm and give you a whirlwind tour of every forum member there!!! I think I remember about 5 of the 500 she introduced me to. Since then I have met people again been reminded of those days!!!

Exchange numbers with a few people you identify with on here and the whole thing will jus snowball.

You send me yours and I will send you mine!!!! :wink::lol:

(Saints Fan unite!!)

Edited by Sandie

Well I cannot wait for June now am getting all excited (sad huh Trees :wink: ) it's not just the meeting itself but seeing all the people again that I have met from previous years (yes Nevsy this means you!!!!) and also meeting up with new ones, the company at the hotel is hmmmmm entertaining at times :lol: we have an excellent crowd there after midnight its a case of the more the merrier as they stagger back from the pubs to start again, it's like being on holiday with all your mates and the main thing that we have in common is that we drink like fish all weekend LOVE speedway!!! :approve:

Come on Trees you loved it last year no one will think any bad of you, if you come back again this year! (I will even save you a vodka shot but, you're not having me blue WKD! :wink: )

Well I cannot wait for June now am getting all excited (sad huh Trees :wink: ) it's not just the meeting itself but seeing all the people again that I have met from previous years (yes Nevsy this means you!!!!) and also meeting up with new ones, the company at the hotel is hmmmmm entertaining at times :lol: we have an excellent crowd there after midnight its a case of the more the merrier as they stagger back from the pubs to start again, it's like being on holiday with all your mates and the main thing that we have in common is that we drink like fish all weekend LOVE speedway!!!

Come on Trees you loved it last year no one will think any bad of you, if you come back again this year! (I will even save you a vodka shot but, you're not having me blue WKD!

Shazzy - I think you have summed up the weekend perfectly. Its gonna be huge this year.

Just hope the weather is fine and we are sat outside the hotel and sexy Steve does again that which he did last year!!!! :lol::o

Its all about friendship and hopefully a good speedway metting!!!

Come on Trees - you know you wanna ;)

I'm now getting excited about it after uncertainty about going (even though I had rooms booked). Now got the go ahead and we are planning, planning, planning.

Not sure about going to the meet up as yet...will have to see how the day pans out.

We are really looking forward to it,first speedway of the season for us and meeting up with friends from over the years that we no longer get to see on a regular basis.

Remember last year and I thought I think it is-but Im not 100% certain and went up to a bloke in the Prince of Wales and said Hi-Liontamer arent you?

Luckily it was :approve:

Lets hope for better weather.

It makes meeting and greeting a little easier and the walk back from th stadium a little drier!!!!! :lol: