British Speedway Forum
lady s

Who's Going To Cardiff

Yeah ok you thinking about not going to Cardiff!!!! Send Mrs Know on her own I'll look after her :lol:

Is my little bud Nikki going to be with us again this year, if so will be packing more shots!  :approve: Now got to cancel the other three weekends I had booked, excellent company all weekend even if Pammie did miss the Friday night!

OMG was that you!!!  :o

Not got tickets booked yet though am going to sneak into The Knows box he'll never know I'm there  :approve:

you still owe me that drink from last year :P

Of course he did he had a reliable tip off  :wink:

Yes dear I did know that they are two different people  :rolleyes:  I might of been drunk but credit me with a little bit of savvy :lol:

Yes indeed, i am the good looking one

:P

We are trying something different this year.................

to avoid the probs of a hotel in cardiff we are hoping to stay in Newport within walking distance of the railway station and catching a train to and from the stadium..

does anyone else do this and can they recommend any good hotels/ guest houses close to the station .

any help would be appreciated

No doubt between March and June sky will keep bigging up Cardiff as if it's the greatest event the world has ever seen.

By that I assume you're implying that it isn't :blink::P

Nah. I like to be a pain in jacksie. It's what I'm good at

Seriously though, just a thought but what about holding the GP at the 3 big national stadiums. For example

2008 - Millennium Stadium

2009 - Wembley

2010 - Hampden Park/Murrayfield

Do it on a rotation system????

Like I said, just a thought

Good thought but the thing about Cardiff is its like the office Christmas Party. we all go to meet up and get smashed. I dont know about the scottish ones :o but Wembley will not produce the 'overall weekend' affect that we want :D

:unsure: You must be an absolute stunner then. In the know is drop dead gorgeous :oops: so I really need to meet you Mr The Know (please ) :D

Edited by Sandie

to avoid the probs of a hotel in cardiff we are hoping to stay in Newport within walking distance of the railway station and catching a train to and from the stadium..

does anyone else do this and can they recommend any good hotels/ guest houses close to the station .

Hi,WA-we stayed at the walkabout in Newport this year,2 mins from the train station right in the town centre,(£3 return-last train back 1135pm)

Attached to the hotel(£40 per room,just remember to request an early book in 12 instead of 3pm)is a large pub/nightclub open till 2 30am

Got back from GP and walked straight into club,showing the swipecard they give you to get into the hotel acts as a "pass" with the bouncers!!

Lots of places to eat nearby,open late(indian/chinese etc),and a big wetherspoons round the corner for a cheap brekkie the next morning.

The only problem we encountered was car parking overnight on a saturday,as the main NCP says closed on sundays-eventually i drove just out of the town area,and parked in a residential area thanks to a kindly fella who gave permission to park outside his house!

Anyone know better parking arrangments for newport?

Oh,its only 3.5miles to newport for the sunday too!

You could try the Kings Hotel which is literally about 45 seconds walk from the railway station...I'm serious!

The train from Newport is dead easy, and costs about £2.90 return. We do it every year, and it beats trying to park in Cardiff.

Thanks for the info Heathen 76 and 2nd bender,

car parking wont be a problem as we travel down by train anyway........

thanks again

Good thought but the thing about Cardiff is its like the office Christmas Party. we all go to meet up and get smashed. I dont know about the scottish ones  :o  but Wembley will not produce the 'overall weekend' affect that we want :D

Wembley is out in the sticks where no sod lives. AFAIK, Hampden is quite localised so should be some decent pubs. Which means decent, cheap beer!!!!!

Wembley is out in the sticks where no sod lives. AFAIK, Hampden is quite localised so should be some decent pubs. Which means decent, cheap beer!!!!!

AFAIK Hampden Park hasn't got a roof. Remind me, what was the weather like on GP weekend this Year, usual Pommy Summer fare as I recall?

Besides, aren't you too busy thinkin' up excuses not to attend to enjoy watchin' Speedway?? Maybe you should pop up to Bonnie Scotland and see if the price of Turps is that much cheaper than whatever planet it is you come from - I thought Poland was the go!

Have you ever been to Wembley? :unsure: Although it's a big stadium and it has a lot of land around it, there are still houses fairly close and the parking is awful.. i'd say it'd be worse than parking in Cardiff.

I can't see speedway ever returning to Wembley, although they do show it on the big score boards before the matches, when they show highlights of the "old" wembley

you still owe me that drink from last year

March :wink:

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet is there! :wink:

so I really need to meet you Mr The Know (please )

Errrrrrrr you did Sandie in Cardiff :rolleyes: Blimey and I thought I was the drunk one :lol:

March  :wink:

Nothing like blowing your own trumpet is there!  :wink:

Errrrrrrr you did Sandie in Cardiff  :rolleyes: Blimey and I thought I was the drunk one  :lol:

My good looks and six pack must have overwhelmed her . :P

My good looks and six pack must have overwhelmed her .  :P

Think I have worked out who your are The Know - and yes I agree with everything you say and the six pack is to die for.

Who needs in the Know when I can have the Know!! :D:approve:

Oh dear - I hope I have it right!!!! :o (and I hope In the know doesnt read this!)