British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van Helsing

Ashfield Classic

George Stancl was once again the deserved winner of the Ashfield Classic beating the impressive Fillip Sitera , Kauko Nieminen and Jason Lyons in the final .

Sitera is definently one for British promoters to look at as he was by far the most entertaining rider of the afternoon .

Scorers were -

Kauko Nieminen 3 3 3 2 3 = 14

George Stancl 2 3 3 3 3 = 14

Josef Franc 2 2 3 3 2 = 12

James Wright 2 3 3 1 2 = 11

Jason Lyons 3 1 2 2 3 = 11

Fillip Sitera 3 3 2 0 2 = 10

Derek Sneddon 3 0 1 3 2 = 9

Adam Roynon 1 2 1 3 2 = 9

Lee Dicken 1 2 0 2 3 = 8

Trent Leverington 1 2 2 0 1 = 6

Chris Kerr 0 1 1 2 1 = 5

Robert Ksiezak 2 0 2 1 0 = 5

Jari Makinen 0 1 0 1 1 = 3

Sean Stoddart 1 1 0 1 0 = 3

Gary Beaton 0 0 1 0 0 = 1

Cal McDade 0 0 0 0 0 = 0

Semi - final Lyons , Sitera , Franc , Wright

Final Stancl , Sitera , Nieminen , Lyons

A chilly , but entertaining afternoon's racing and congratulations to George Stancl .

How was Mäkinen? Any thoughts...

How was Mäkinen? Any thoughts...

he looked steady enough but to be honest fsp he looks nowhere near ready for the PL but hes only a youngster he looked very much on a par with the moanarchs youngster although according to the programme because he rides in sweden he would be saddled with an 8 point average that will really work against him :(

of the others sitera was excellent value for money and i have never seen anyone attack the third bend at ashfield at the speed he was and big lee also rode his heart out as usual young adam roynon looked steady wish we held onto him and is it just me but he looked about six inches taller since the last time i saw him he seems to have just shot up ;)

Edited by mervjankefanclub

Good to see that Adam did well :) Sitera looks good, anybody have any info on him? age, owned by etc...?

According to todays programme Searley he is 19 and from Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic . Rides for AK Plzen in his homeland and Wroclaw , which also includes Hans Andersen and Jason Crump , in the Polish Extraleague .

Looks a rider of immense potential . Likes to open the throttle and ride the outside of the track though , which would rule Rye House out mate :P

According to todays programme Searley he is 19 and from Mlada Boleslav in the Czech Republic . Rides for AK Plzen in his homeland and Wroclaw , which also includes Hans Andersen and Jason Crump , in the Polish Extraleague .

Looks a rider of immense potential . Likes to open the throttle and ride the outside of the track though , which would rule Rye House out mate  :P

and he cant gate..... thankfully for us today :approve:

and he cant gate..... thankfully for us today  :approve:

He did gate in his second race , but your right mate he was brilliant coming from behind . Especially that race when he was last and ended up just narrowly failing to catch Pepe Franc on the line .

2nd in the entertainment stakes had to go to big Lee Dicken though - how pleased was he to beat James Wright in his final race . :approve:

he looked steady enough but to be honest fsp he looks nowhere near ready for the PL but hes only a youngster he looked very much on a par with the moanarchs youngster although according to the programme because he rides in sweden he would be saddled with an 8 point average that will really work against him :(

Thanks. He said it was an OK performance and was improving as the meeting went on. We'll see what happens.

He did gate in his second race , but your right mate he was brilliant coming from behind . Especially that race when he was last and ended up just narrowly failing to catch Pepe Franc on the line .

2nd in the entertainment stakes had to go to big Lee Dicken though - how pleased was he to beat James Wright in his final race .  :approve:

big man was excellent value for money as usual he was also unlucky not to beat kauko aswell you could hear his engine start to go on the third lap or else he would probably have won that race too

Looks a rider of immense potential . Likes to open the throttle and ride the outside of the track though , which would rule Rye House out mate  :P

I think the fact that he is from Czech Republic rules him out of being in the Rye team :wink:

Apparently it is supposed to be Sitera. From what I have heard, Glasgow were the first british club to make contact with him 3 years ago when he came as a recommendation (from Stancl I would presume  :blink: ) and have kept in contact with him since. You never know :)
I think you'll find his first UK meeting was the Welsh Open at Newport ;)

I think you'll find his first UK meeting was the Welsh Open at Newport ;)

If you're talking about the 2006 Welsh Open - Sitera was programmed , but a continental engagement meant he didn't ride at Newport .