British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Van Helsing

Ashfield Classic

Provisional Line Up

1. Kauko Niemenen

2. David McAllan (cant see him riding now)

3. Trent Leverington

4. James Grieves

5. Lee Dicken

6. Lee Complin (if fit)

7. George Stancl

8. Chris Kerr

9. Craig Watson (if fit)

10. Robert Kseizak (if fit)

11. Jari Mäkinen

12. Philip Sitera

13. Kenneth Hansen

14. Claus Jacobsen

15. Derek Sneddon

16. Simon Stead

On the subject of Lee Complin. I was told by Michael Max yesterday thats Lee Complin said this to Stuart Dickson and Max himself after his horrific crash yesterday.

"Anychance I can get a copy of that on DVD ? was it better than the parker/grieves crash" lol good to see he still has a sense of humour.

Michael Max then asked if he could take his name of the list for the Ashfield Classic and Complin said No. Obviously not know the full extent of his injuries at the time, But I wouldnt put it past him to turn up and give it a go anyway.

Back to the line-up. With so many possible withdrawals due to injury the line up looks shakey at the moment and there is bound to be some changes.

Some new faces set to ride Ashfield for the first time with young sensations Philip Sitera, Claus Jakobsen and Jari Makkinen all taking part

Only two Elite League riders this year with Simon Stead set to return with his awsome style to Ashfield where he has been quite successful in the past. And Kenneth Hansen who put on an impressive display in his ashfield debut with Workington at the start of the season

Should be a good meeting with some close racing

Edited by Van Helsing

Jari Mäkinen

Edited by f-s-p

Lee will not be riding sorry to disappoint you all

didnt think so scoobie :( what a pity i could watch the guy all day long and if he goes elite next year hopefully the glasgow promotion will invite him back :)

didnt think so scoobie  :(  what a pity i could watch the guy all day long and if he goes elite next year hopefully the glasgow promotion will invite him back :)

Merve , on a 6.55 average i'd be hoping Glasgow would make him an offer he couldn't refuse for a team place next year .

But whatever track he goes to next season - i wish him the best of luck . He was a joy to watch on Sunday - well until he tried to fly that is :wink:

Merve , on a 6.55 average i'd be hoping Glasgow would make him an offer he couldn't refuse for a team place next year .

But whatever track he goes to next season - i wish him the best of luck . He was a joy to watch on Sunday - well until he tried to fly that is  :wink:

At 6.55 Paulco, I would imagine he's going to get plenty of offers he won't be able to refuse. :wink:

At 6.55 Paulco, I would imagine he's going to get plenty of offers he won't be able to refuse.  :wink:

So he's going to ride for a few teams then?! ;) Or is he going to have to refuse some of them? :P

So he's going to ride for a few teams then?! ;)  Or is he going to have to refuse some of them?  :P

Well he seems to turn up at Brum riding for different teams most weeks lately :wink::blink: .

Here is the updated list of riders taking part in the Classic, taken from the official website

1. Kauko Nieminen

2. Josef Franc

3. Trent Leverington

4. Ricky Ashworth

5. Lee Dicken

6. Jason Lyons

7. George Stancl

8. Chris Kerr

9. Sean Stoddart

10. Robert Ksiezak

11. Jari Mäkinen (Just for f.s.p) :D

12. Filip Sitera

13. Kenneth Hansen

14. James Wright

15. Derek Sneddon

16. TO BE ADVISED.

Has Jason Lyons finally returned to Glasgow, this'll be his 4th meeting in three weeks at Ashfield? :D

Edited by Highlander

Here is the updated list of riders taking part in the Classic, taken from the official website

1. Kauko Nieminen

2. Josef Franc

3. Trent Leverington

4. Ricky Ashworth

5. Lee Dicken

6. Jason Lyons

7. George Stancl

8. Chris Kerr

9. Sean Stoddart

10. Robert Ksiezak

11. Jari Maakinen

12. Filip Sitera

13. Kenneth Hansen

14. James Wright

15. Derek Sneddon

16. TO BE ADVISED.

Has Jason Lyons finally returned to Glasgow, this'll be his 4th meeting in three weeks at Ashfield? :D

Dunno , but he will always be very welcome in Glasgow . What's happened to Simon Stead ? :sad: i was looking forward to watching him again .

Still be interesting to see Maakinen and Sitera , with one eye on 2008 . And i hope 2008 Tiger :unsure: (please) Kauko Nieminen wins it . :approve:

Whats the difference between a Scotchman and a British man...

They read forums and dig info on foreign riders in Scotland... :lol:

MÄKINEN