British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
e,skidz

Poole Vs Newcastle.knock Out Cup Final,2nd Leg

:) Poole 23. Matt Bates 7,Jerran Hart 4+3,Kyle Hughes 5+1,Brendan Johnson 7 :)

Newcastle 13 Nicki Glanz 6+1,Dan Greenwood 0,Rob Smith 6,Jamie Pickard 1

Ht1.63.82.Glanz,Bates,hart,Greenwood.3-3 3-3....25-16 on agg

Ht2.64.90.Johnson,Hughes,Smith,Pickard.5-1 8-4....30-17

Ht3.63.40.Smith,Bates,Hart,Pickard.3-3 11-7....33-20

Ht4.63.51.Hughes,Glanz,Johnson,Greenwood.4-2 15-9....37-22

Ht5.63.75.Bates®,Hart(B),Pickard(G),Greenwood(Y).5-1 20-10....42-23

Ht6.64.36.Rerun.Johnson(B),Smith,(Y)Glanz(G),Hughes®fx.3-3 23-13....45-26

Comments.

Ht1 From the gate

Ht2 From the gate,and excellent team riding from the Poole lads.

Ht3 Smith quickly away,with Bates having to work hard to pass Pickard,up the inside.Hart tried just about every line on the track to catch up,which did with an excellent inside burst off the pits turn.

Ht4 Poole lads were away quickly,but Glanz caught up and passed the slowing Johnson after 2 laps.In the pits it was discovered that they had left the choke on.Not amused with his mechanic.Dads eh?!!!!

Ht5 From the gate.

Ht6 With Johnson leading,the Newcastle pair dived hard under Hughes entering the third turn,with Hughes falling and being excluded.In the reun,Johnson again jetted away from the start,with Smith all over him for 4 superb laps.Inside and outside,Smith was easily the faster rider,But Johnson held his nerve,to earn a very well deserved victory.

I'm assuming you just forgot the last sentence saying 'courtesy of the Poole forum'... ;):P

Cracking performance by the Poole guys over the Newcastle team, which to be fair was pretty much Plymouth in another guise. Matt Bates beaten for the first time in all the Academy meetings he's ridden in which is some feat.

I know I'm biased but Bren had a cracking ride in the last heat to hold off Rob Smith for all four laps. It looked as it he was going to be caught and passed at one stage, but he rode with a maturity beyond his years, and it's great to see how much he's improved riding for Oxford since June. Hard to believe in some races he's still only 15.

Well done to all the team, and a big thanks to all who've ridden at Poole in the Academy this year. It's been great to watch. :D

A fair result given the result at Brough. Although the rules for team eligibilty are, or appear to be, non existence, the purpose of the AL was to give even more younger riders a chance to ride in an organised team/league event to accellerate(no pun intended) their progress. As an objective I think that has been achieved and I hope the powers that be repeat the whole thing next year. With more and more competitive experience the riders will reach their expectations even quicker.

Once again, congratulations to the young Poole Pirates team on their success. :D

:blink::blink:

Edited by Tsunami

In broad terms,I think the Academy League has been a success.All it needs is some fine tuning regarding eligibility.

Sort that out,and I will happily continue to raise funds for our team.It will,and has been a pleasure to do so over the last two seasons.

Well done to our lads.

I'm assuming you just forgot the last sentence saying 'courtesy of the Poole forum'...  ;)  :P
OppS!!!! My apology Rabbit yes totally forgot!!! :unsure:;)