British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JanusMillard

Speedway World Cup 2008

The last World Cup in DK produced some super speedway at Holsted, Outup and yes Vojens. Sweden were the winners even minus TRICK due to injury.

I am pretty sure that the tracks were prepared for good safe speedway, well we really enjoyed our week there.

Hopefully they remember to stick up air fence aswell

Should Poland get one of the Semi Final's. Does any one have an idea's which track it would be held on?

Bezza...

Should Poland get one of the Semi Final's. Does any one have an idea's which track it would be held on?

Bezza...

Leszno. It was confirmed way back - they have a contract for another SWC meeting in 2009 to boot.

The last World Cup in DK produced some super speedway at Holsted, Outup and yes Vojens. Sweden were the winners even minus TRICK due to injury.

I am pretty sure that the tracks were prepared for good safe speedway, well we really enjoyed our week there.

Sorry to disagree, but the track at Vojens for the 03 SWC Final was terrible. Full of holes, and rutting up on the inside. The best thing about Vojens is the dodgy weather, the only way of getting some water in the base to give half a chance of a reasonable race track.

Why have the race off and final never been in Sweden?

According to Speedwayworld.tv dates/venues still all provisional & TBA

2008 PROVISIONAL CALENDAR - FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP

**Please note - this is a provisional calendar

DATE ROUND COUNTRY CITY STATUS

12th or 13th July Round 1 GB / POLAND / SWEDEN TBC PROVISIONAL

14th or 15th July Round 2 POLAND / GB / SWEDEN TBC PROVISIONAL

17th July Race-Off GB / DENMARK TBC PROVISIONAL

19th July Final GB / DENMARK TBC PROVISIONAL

Taken from speedwayworld.tv

Edited by sancho

I'd guess that no Swedish tracks are prepared to cough over the readies.

One wonders whether the Race-Off and Final are only being held at Vojens because no-one else is interested in stumping-up. I'm sure Vojens will be getting these meetings at 'mates rates'. :wink:

What a real negative, pesamistic slant this thread has taken.

Is there no enthusiasm for a Speedway World Cup out there ?

If not theyd be well advised to scrap it.

If not theyd be well advised to scrap it.

I prefer the SWC to the GPs - it's a super competition and the race-off and final at Leszno this season featured breathtaking racing.

I prefer the SWC to the GPs - it's a super competition and the race-off and final at Leszno this season featured breathtaking racing.

Have to agree with you Sir, and the Junior World Cup can be just as good.

We enjoyed super racing at Pardubice 2005 & Rybnik 2006.

On the contrary. The SWC has the potential to be a great competition, and I infinitely prefer it to the SGP. It's just a shame that the rights holders choose not to promote it properly, which includes holding the Final at Vojens. :(

Denmak has the advantage of having Ole Olsen doing all he can FOR HIS country! Unfortunately speedway is suffering from it. I remember the last time the SWC Finals were held in Denmark it was a huge disappointment compared to Poland the year before, especially the poor attendances and total lack of atmosphere and excitement for the early rounds.

Sweden is long overdue to get the World Cup Finals, and knowing the quality of the swedish speedway tracks, this would be the best thing for the SWC !