British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Niclas

2013 Gp-riders

D.O.B.: 3.7.1990

The next Croatian star could well be Dino Kovacic. At just 13 (!!!) years of age (D.O.B.: 14.1.1994), he finished 3rd in this years U21 championship of Croatia, Slovenia, Austrian and Hungary and was only beaten by Martinec and Slovenian U21 champion Matija Duh (final standings here: http://www.speedway.si/index.php?option=co...1201&Itemid=83). Here is a photo of Kovacic: http://mediaspeed.net/dinamic/medium/41205.jpg

wow 13 ! do you got a action picture of him ? :D

Henrik Vedel not far off Vissing and Madsen etc. How did he ride this year? He had a spell with Newport in 2005 and done 12 matches but 7 home and only 5 away so didnt gain a true average, given a full 2006 on his true average he could of been a cracking signing.

Surprised to see Klindt so low down the order. Thought he was the next best thing?

I didn't see Henrik ride this year-I can't remember seeing him anyway

Well Nicolai had a few injury problems.The first couple of months he had a shoulder problem from a crash and then coming back injured it again.Then in Vojens he was hit by Gomolski's bike and broke a bone in his chest.He did win the European U19 championship,but never really got going in the league.In any of the leagues i think

Renat Gafurow (1982)- GP2008 reserve - possibly the best russian rider this Year.

Denis Gizatullin (1983)- GP2008 reserve , Champion of Russia - 2007

Grigory Laguta (1984)

Very surprised to learn all of these are as young as they are. Alltough 25 isn't all that young anymore when tlking about trying to "burst" on to the world level.

I was 100 % certain that Laguta was over 30 after I saw him in the Latvian GP -06. :blink:

wow 13 ! do you got a action picture of him ?  :D

I think this is him: http://mediaspeed.net/dinamic/medium/41254.jpg I might be wrong, though, because he was riding in the racing suit of the same colours as Nikola Pigac in this meeting.

Edited by tomazpozrl

Henrik Vedel not far off Vissing and Madsen etc. How did he ride this year? He had a spell with Newport in 2005 and done 12 matches but 7 home and only 5 away so didnt gain a true average, given a full 2006 on his true average he could of been a cracking signing.

Surprised to see Klindt so low down the order. Thought he was the next best thing?

Henrik had a great 2007 season and were by far the best grade C rider in the league. Only problem is that he was so good that he will be a grade B rider in 2008. Im quite sure that Henrik packs it up now.

One of the Slangerup highlights of this season was Henrik leading Nicki Pedersen for 3 laps in Slangerup on august 29th.

Peter

Isn't there a minimum age for riding the 500 ccm bikes ?

You mean a general rule for all competitions in speedway? I don't think there exists such rule. It all depends on the type of competition. For FIM championships minimum age is 17, for UEM it's 16 (U19 european championship) and it's different for national championships.

I know that for Slovenian junior championship this year the minimum age for riders was 14, but Croatians have a lot of young riders and they set their minimum age lower.

Edited by tomazpozrl

Henrik had a great 2007 season and were by far the best grade C rider in the league. Only problem is that he was so good that he will be a grade B rider in 2008. Im quite sure that Henrik packs it up now.

One of the Slangerup highlights of this season was Henrik leading Nicki Pedersen for 3 laps in Slangerup on august 29th.

Peter

Ah right. So basically he is going to retire because no one will have him as a Grade B rider?

But the question is for who will the Laguta brothers ride for?Russia or Latvia?

Grigorij probably for Latvia. This time our Saeima (parliament) decides about getting citizenship for him, but this not yet decided. So probability is 50/50.

May be main reason for joining Latvia is fact, that for 3 Years (2004-2006) due to bureaucratic reasons he have not ability to ride in all official rides inside Russia (very complecated story - some people think that Grigorij wasn't right some people that Federation. So similar to Ferjan and Slovenia). Though he was 20-22 Years old for that time he rides only few (2 or 3) times for these 3 Years in individual meetings in home town - Vladivostok. And if I remember correctly in all these meetings he was in top 3. However, for that time some people thought that this conflict is never ending and he would finish carrier.

Fortunately, he joined Daugavpils team in Polish League 2 in 2006 and became a leader of the team (Y-2006) and after that - TOP rider for whole league.

So he is big talent and only 23 Years old. Let see what happens with him next Year in Polish League 1.

Artiom - definitely would ride for Russia. I have not heard information that he want to change citizenship.