British Speedway Forum
Rico

Road Trip 2 - Bydgoszcz To Zielona Góra

Im not happy!! Just had notification in response to my email chaser for confirmation of 6 tickets for which I paid 720zl plus £25 charges that the receiving bank has only passed on 680zl and that I must forward a further 40zl to cover additional costs before they will release ticket confirmation. What sort of rip off is this !!!

Who do you bank with this end JSR.

In the end my transaction was pretty much smooth.

I printed off the confirmation that I received that reserved my seats.

I took this to the bank (Nationwide) and we filled out the form.

We were asked if paying in sterling or zloty - so we paid in zloty - I dont know if that maybe the difference and the cause of your problem.

I checked my statement and the money we transferred in zloty (which was the figure on the reservation print out) was passed on from the Polish bank in full and then a seperate transaction for the fee to Nationwide.

We had been told that the receiving bank MAY have made a charge but it doesnt appear they did as I now have my confirmation to collect tickets.

Maybe the club will accept the 40z posted to them - its not a great deal so not to much of a worry about it going missing - apart from the obvious - they dont get the money!!

What a dilema - good luck

Who do you bank with this end JSR.

In the end my transaction was pretty much smooth.

I printed off the confirmation that I received that reserved my seats.

I took this to the bank (Nationwide) and we filled out the form.

We were asked if paying in sterling or zloty - so we paid in zloty - I dont know if that maybe the difference and the cause of your problem.

I checked my statement and the money we transferred in zloty (which was the figure on the reservation print out) was passed on from the Polish bank in full and then a seperate transaction for the fee to Nationwide.

We had been told that the receiving bank MAY have made a charge but it doesnt appear they did as I now have my confirmation to collect tickets.

Maybe the club will accept the 40z posted to them - its not a great deal so not to much of a worry about it going missing - apart from the obvious - they dont get the money!!

What a dilema - good luck

In my case receiving Bank seems to have made a charge. Club will not let me pay the balance on the day. So lookks as if I have got to cough up for another tranfer. By the way my transfer was HSBC.

HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR TICKETS SORTED.IT LOOKS A NIGHTMARE WERE JUST GOING TO TURN UP AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.IF WE DONT GET IN WE WILL JUST PARTY IN ZIELONA GORA.YOU DONT GET TO DO THAT EVERY WEEKEND.WE GET TO BYDGOSZCZ AT 910 FRIDAY NIGHT FROM BIRMINGHAM IS ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FLIGHT.ALSO WERE CAN WE HEAD TO ON FRIDAY AFTER WERE SORTED OUT AND SATURDAY AFTER THE GP.OUR HOTEL IS THE RATUSZOWY ON DLUGA 37 IN THE CITY CENTRE

HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR TICKETS SORTED.IT LOOKS A NIGHTMARE WERE JUST GOING TO TURN UP AND HOPE FOR THE BEST.IF WE DONT GET IN WE WILL JUST PARTY IN ZIELONA GORA.YOU DONT GET TO DO THAT EVERY WEEKEND.WE GET TO BYDGOSZCZ AT 910 FRIDAY NIGHT FROM BIRMINGHAM IS ANYONE ELSE ON THIS FLIGHT.ALSO WERE CAN WE HEAD TO ON FRIDAY AFTER WERE SORTED OUT AND SATURDAY AFTER THE GP.OUR HOTEL IS THE RATUSZOWY ON DLUGA 37 IN THE CITY CENTRE

Lots of fans and riders can be found in the City Hotel. Actually most of the riders stay there.

Ped

Hi Bruno, As Ped mentioned The City is a place alot of people go ,where there is a night club, Also alot of speedway fans drink in the Brda Hotel bar.Personally i normally start at the Brda and end up at the City.

Close to your hotel in the square there is a restaurant called "Roosters" , that is definatley the place to eat.

btw,now Oxford has closed i guess your now a Ipswich supporter !

I have had the same i feel a scam coming on they will not release my tickets unless i pay PLN50 they say they only recd PLN 670 i have a receipt for PLN 720.00 exchange rate 4.0271 £178.79 and £19.50 charges i have paid £198.29 i too am not happy at this this is halifax but i must have paid the required amount. i have emailed them telling them i have proof of this...and to release my voucher.. am i within my rights to request my money back and pay on the day discruntelled now :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I have had the same i feel a scam coming on they will not release my tickets unless i pay PLN50 they say they only recd PLN 670 i have a receipt for PLN 720.00 exchange rate 4.0271 £178.79 and £19.50 charges i have paid £198.29 i too am not happy at this this is halifax but i must have paid the required amount. i have emailed them telling them i have proof of this...and to release my voucher.. am i within my rights to request my money back and pay on the day discruntelled now :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Your find the 50 PLN are charges made by the recieving polish bank.

I had the same trouble when sending a money transfer to buy my Bydgoszcz tickets.

Unfortunatley the small print does say you must pay all bank charges.

Hope you get it all sorted.

I had the same trouble when sending a money transfer to buy my Bydgoszcz tickets.

thanks for your reply but is that on the web or on the email my order just says pln720 and all bank charges presume one amount not both as did not see where would it have said i have to pay pln50

Edited by toutmaster

Hi Bruno, As Ped mentioned The City is a place alot of people go ,where there is a night club, Also alot of speedway fans drink in the Brda Hotel bar.Personally i normally start at the Brda and end up at the City.

Close to your hotel in the square there is a restaurant called "Roosters" , that is definatley the place to eat.

btw,now Oxford has closed i guess your now a Ipswich supporter !

I wonder why you have sggested Roosters!!

Maybe it's the street entetainment or perhaps something else :rolleyes::wink:

I didnt have any problems. I assume my money was transferred to the same bank as you but they didnt charge me at the receiving end. All mine went through!!

It is really strange but maybe the bank suddenly realised there were about to be swamped and started charging

Hope you can all sort it out

I wonder why you have sggested Roosters!!

Maybe it's the street entetainment or perhaps something else :rolleyes::wink:

I didnt have any problems. I assume my money was transferred to the same bank as you but they didnt charge me at the receiving end. All mine went through!!

It is really strange but maybe the bank suddenly realised there were about to be swamped and started charging

Hope you can all sort it out

Roosters is the place to eat drink and :wink: :

:approve: i recomend the chicken Breast :lol:

Roosters is the place to eat drink and :wink: :

:approve: i recomend the chicken Breast :lol:

Feathered or none feathered breast Haza and does the chicken taste better when your pi**ed and wearing hot pants

Feathered or none feathered breast Haza and does the chicken taste better when your pi**ed and wearing hot pants

Idont no what you mean ? but the none feathered looked very tender . :lol: all i,m hoping for is for Eric to be there this year he made Bydgoszcz 2006 no one can play guitar and sing like him or was it because i,d had a Lech or two ?

Idont no what you mean ? but the none feathered looked very tender . :lol: all i,m hoping for is for Eric to be there this year he made Bydgoszcz 2006 no one can play guitar and sing like him or was it because i,d had a Lech or two ?

Or 3 or 4 or 5 oh ive lost count still theres always the Barge?

Or 3 or 4 or 5 oh ive lost count still theres always the Barge?

Oh the Barge just a stones throw from Roosters another place i recommend another place to watch the world go by with a beer . But if your going to Bydgoszcz Roosters is a must , i,m sure we will be there at some point over the weekend

His version of Hotel Californika is just the best.

Worth every penny to keep him there singing.

he also does a good rendition of Happy Birthday :lol: