British Speedway Forum

Oh heck missus - for want of a better phrase and not wishing to cause the moderators more hassle than they've got already! Anyway, being unable to cadge a lift anywhere (my last resort being cream crackered after umpiring a fiery hockey match this afternoon!  :lol:  ) looks like a train trip BUT will have to catch the 7.24AM train from my local station here in Kent - does that time EXIST on a Sunday?  The things we do for the sport!  :lol: Now where did I put those alarm clocks? 

And sjl - SNAP! :wink:

Thank God I played in Middlesex and not Kent (Hounslow HC!!)!!!! :D

PS - Got a bottle of Bundy sat upstairs bryn to pas on to someone soon - sory not you!! :(

Edited by Sandie

Updates on this meeting will be available Here

Looking out my window here in Newport the weather is still and bright, the sun is actually shining there is some frost on the ground but all in all it looks a clear bright day for speedway :D

can you give me directions to the stadium from the m4 roundabout?

So what do all BSF members wear to idetify themselves?

Im the one with the terrific haircut and a camera :P

Theres a fair size car park at the track and a lot of people park on the roads near the stadium where there are no parking restrictions.

Car Park is usually £1 I think, could be 50p.

Really easy from the Motorway. Just take the first exit off the roundabout and keep heading straight ahead for 3/5 mins until you see Tescos on your left, take the first exit on that roundabout towards the track, you will see a Macdonalds, Cinema on your left carry straight on till you get to the next roundabout and it's the 3rd exit (straight across) and the track is at the top of that road.

All the best to all Wasps Fans for today and also to everyone travelling to the event: a few of the TravelPlus Tourists out here will be missing out on going this year - doubtless they'll get a "Please Explain" message from Tim Stone on a Postcard without a stamp.

BTW Tanya in case you haven't kept up with Ozchamps 08 Tom had a good result at Mt Gambier last night, second in the "B" Main wasn't a bad achievement after the disappointment of the first two rounds. Its a big (360 metres) wide track and he was going round the highline Gollobesquely! :D Looking forward to Newcastle where he shone last year.

Oh dear - didn't wake up in time to catch that ruddy 7.24am train from here! :rolleyes::(

Edited by Bryn

All the best to all Wasps Fans for today and also to everyone travelling to the event: a few of the TravelPlus Tourists out here will be missing out on going this year - doubtless they'll get a "Please Explain" message from Tim Stone on a Postcard without a stamp.

BTW Tanya in case you haven't kept up with Ozchamps 08 Tom had a good result at Mt Gambier last night, second in the "B" Main wasn't a bad achievement after the disappointment of the first two rounds. Its a big (360 metres) wide track and he was going round the highline Gollobesquely!  Looking forward to Newcastle where he shone last year.

Thanks for that BFD, managed to catch the B Final on Radio Freemantle just, and it sounded a fantastic race.

Will give everyone an Aussie style cheer from you today at the track, coooeee/ translated means Watooo, damn he's not riding! :)

Oh dear - didn't wake up in time to catch that ruddy 7.24am train from here!  :rolleyes:  :(

tut,tut,Bryn,had one too many night caps did you? ;):lol:

tut,tut,Bryn,had one too many night caps did you? ;)  :lol:

Not Guilty on THAT score - the culprit was this Facebook lark that my darling daughter introduced me to very recently - damn addictive! :rolleyes: