British Speedway Forum
whowasthatberntpersson

2007 South Australian Under 16 Championship

My first visit to the Sidewinders venue near Adelaide. Very impressed with the setup there. Tight track with racing under lights, clubhouse filled with historic photos, good toilet and canteen facilities.

Easy to see how so many great Aussie riders have progressed from Sidewinders.

The final was re run three times, with all four riders fighting for the same piece of dirt, in the end it was Justin Sedgman who took the win, but what a battle for the places with positions changing on every lap.

Very nice to see such friendship and good sportsmanship amongst the riders too, Nick Morris and Robert Branford, good friends off the track, went hammer and tong and enjoyed every moment.

Results

1st Justin Sedgman Victoria

2nd Nick Morris Queensland

3rd Robert Branford South Australia

4th Robert Medson South Australia

Non finalists included Arthur Sissis and Brenton Barnfield, who both rode in last years National Championship at the Gold Coast.

Thanks to Chopper for his hospitality.

Edited by whowasthatberntpersson

Apologies to Justin Sedgman, I got him mixed up with his Brother Ryan in the write-up.

Sorry about that Justin. Its been changed now.

Apologies to Justin Sedgman, I got him mixed up with his Brother Ryan in the write-up.

Sorry about that Justin. Its been changed now.

Old age causes you to do such things WWTBP - says he from experience! :wink:

No probs there Lee, im sure you will return the favour over the next few years.

Sidewinders is currently going through a spurt, a big improvement in rider numbers after a few lean years.A lot of credit to the people who over the last few years have run training , practices etc.

As for the final, its hard to believe sometimes that the last three are still only thirteen years of age, no doubt they will have some more battles over the years if they stick at it.Robert dwarfed the little tackers.

All credit to Justin, hes been a good rider over a lot of years and deserved his success in his last season as a junior.

Cheers Chopper

That boy Nick Morris looks a good prospect :D

Nice lad too, just hope he doesnt pick up his Dad's Brummie accent :unsure:

Looks like the deal done in Pardubice last year to take him to Swindon in oh 2013 or 2014 will pay rich dividends for the Robins...

Hope you're all well mate, and give Nick my regards.

Neil sends his best wishes to you too. He was well chuffed when I told him about this result last night !

Thanks Jeff, will have to work on the boys Brummie accent, especially if those Heathens return.

Deal what deal? two bikes a van and a palace?????

Thanks Jeff, will have to work on the boys Brummie accent, especially if those Heathens return.

Deal what deal? two bikes a van and a palace?????

Still working on the palace mate...."Phil the Greek" isnt too keen on leaving his large spread in central London...Trying to convince him about all the money he would save on the congestion charge if he moved to another of his places in Norfolk or Scotland... :D