British Speedway Forum

If this event is going to be as over subscribed as some are indicating perhaps a change of venue to a stadium that could cope with the demand?

Of the current facilities available Brandon is about the only one that can hold a decent number.

I can never remember whether its 10 or 20,000? :unsure:

It would be central for all as well :approve:

I'm sure if Mr Sandhu was approached he could/would accomodate Matt Ford.

And why should we celebrate 60 years of Poole Speedway at a track miles away from Wimborne Road?? :rolleyes:

If this event is going to be as over subscribed as some are indicating perhaps a change of venue to a stadium that could cope with the demand?

But I would've thought that if this meeting is to commemorate 60 years of Poole speedway then Poole stadium would be the best place to hold it ;)

Poole IS the only place to celebrate 60 years of Speedway at Poole .

Cant see anywhere else being full to celebrate this .

Edited by tony159

Of the current facilities available Brandon is about the only one that can hold a decent number.

Central, thats always been Coventrys excuss to hold a big meeting.

Nop, sorry, can't see this happening!!.

Its not that far for you to travel down anyway!!. Think of that

fresh air when you get down here!!!. :approve:

y would they hold pooles dbilie in coventry?

that makes sense

But I would've thought that if this meeting is to commemorate 60 years of Poole speedway then Poole stadium would be the best place to hold it  ;)

You make a very good point there Tina, unusual for a Poole fan. :wink:

Nice to see you on here by the way!! :approve:

Hello wakey wakey

Why bother?

They'll give it to the "yes man" again. The powers that be are only interested in having a puppet like Middleditch as manager.

For Gawd's sake Sube give it a rest. You're like a terrier with a rag about Middlo at the moment. Now just a polite and respectful suggestion and request - this thread is about Poole's jubilee meeting, not Team GB, and Middlo's tenure as Poole manager is not open to debate. So can we please, please, please keep this thread to the meeting in question and leave your mission to oust Middlo to the appropriate threads of which there are more than enough. :rolleyes:

I'm still intrigued why someone would suggest us holding our 60th anniversary meeting at another club. :lol:

Edited by rabbit

y would they hold pooles dbilie in coventry?

that makes sense

Mmmm i need a bit of help with dbilie to be honest :blink:

I'm still intrigued why someone would suggest us holding our 60th anniversary meeting at another club.  :lol:

Because it would be their only chance of ever seeing such a big individual meeting at their club in 2008? :lol:

Seriously, the more I think about it the more I think buying a ticket in advance is the sensible thing to do. I would imagine the queues will be horrendous on the day for non ticket holders, if there are tickets left on the day.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Because it would be their only chance of ever seeing such a big individual meeting at their club in 2008? :lol:

Seriously, the more I think about it the more I think buying a ticket in advance is the sensible thing to do. I would imagine the queues will be horrendous on the day for non ticket holders, if there are tickets left on the day.

Oh they will be camping out overnight i am sure.The biggest rush since the last Harry Potter book :D

Why would anyone buy a ticket early ? half the field won't turn up anyhow so your likely to get ripped off .

I remember the line for tricks farewell meeting gollob ,hampel etc all riding and then so guffs turn up on the day instead .

Why would anyone buy a ticket early ? half the field won't turn up anyhow so your likely to get ripped  off .

I remember the line for tricks farewell meeting gollob ,hampel etc all riding and then so guffs turn up on the day instead .

Not with a prize of 60 grand

Not with a prize of 60 grand

Exactly. Any rider wo thinks they are in with a sniff of a chance will be there to give this one a go.

ELRC this is not. Even Sullivan and Richardson would be there if they were asked.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

THE time to have a big meeting at the start of the season when all riders are desparate for some track time. I think the rush for tickets could be last minute when the weather for the week is announced ............... hope it's dry 60 years is something to be proud of!!