British Speedway Forum

I never use the stadium carpark, ever. Why have to wait 20-30 minutes to get out of it when you can park across the road for free and not be stuck in a bottleneck?

Because obviously people dont know the area Shovlar .

Would you park your car at the housing estate at Cowley opposite the stadium to watch a match at Oxford?

Only ones with bigears :lol:

Whats wrong with big ears?????? Some have said they make great love handles :D

Whats wrong with big ears?????? Some have said they make great love handles  :D

Maybe for a b**w job down Brighton way:lol:

Edited by Eastie

Maybe for a b**w job  down Brighton way:lol:

Well Brighton is nearer to you than to me, so I suppose you would know :lol:

Some people are so bitter and jealous, it's so see-through. If you don't like the meeting for whatever reason, don't come, but stop going on and on and on about it.

Eastie & Darren Cook, did you read the above post :lol::wink:

Have just purchased my tickets from the bic in person, wanted to see where our tickets would be seated. The box office was closed for part of the festive season and couldnt get down before when open. The girl who served me said bookings had been quiet for the last 10 days, but they have been successful today selling over 120 tickets upto 4pm. Parts of the sections in areas 1 and 7 have not been made available for sale due to restricted view, not many but i guess it takes out 25 seats in each area. Restaurant seats still available,but over 50% gone already.

Bound to have been quiet over Christmas and New Year. But wouldn't have thought 120 would have been sold in a day. Shows its going to be a packed house regardless of the naysayers.

Colin Cooke, yes I apologise for the name calling but you are also guilty, continuously refering to Matt as "The Hairdresser". And no he is not taking a cut of the booking fee. If you have any proof that he is, then please post it on here.

In fact Matt said that because of the booking fee, those who have purchased their tickets through the BIC would be given their souvineer programs of the event compeletely free, which will cover the booking fee anyway.

So the only thing stopping you from coming is because its Poole putting on the event instead of your beloved Coventry, correct?

Edited by Steve Shovlar

If Poole Spedway can't deal with 7000 people through their own resources then they have a real problem.God help us if Speedway suddenly becomes very popular again.

Only remember being charged £1 50 for Brighton tickets

We're talking advance ticket sales here, not turning up on the day. So the BIC charge £4 quid - that's what they do. Hell, I've had to pay that fee repeatedly in the last year when going to see gigs and shows there - must've forked out nearly £50 in booking fees alone there in 2007 - lucky Brighton if they only change a quid or so, other venues charge differently around the country. Fact of life but if you want to see something you pay it. I really can't see why you're making such a fuss - this is a Poole meeting, for Poole fans to celebrate our anniversary, but one which will appeal to others too. If you don't like the terms and don't want to pay for it, then don't go!

Guest Schumi
The forum "promoter" can't decide if this is a meeting for Poole fans to celebrate Poole or an open invitation for all to swell the Poole coffers!

Who cares? I think it's a fantastic line-up. If you're not interested then leave it to the people who are to discuss.

Who cares? I think it's a fantastic line-up. If you're not interested then leave it to the people who are to discuss.

The role of a forum is to give voice to all opinions & you shouldn't seek to censor that.

I respect Poole for organising the event but I'm interested in the reasoning behind it, especially the finances. Poole could make £100k from one meeting!

If 7,000 people are willing to fork out £30 each, & if, as Steve Shovlar has already said, the sport could do with a hike in the attendance fee, could a 6 or 8 team super league with big prize-money be viable?

And yet this meeting is anathema to the promoters' current cost-cutting 38.85 theory!

The role of a forum is to give voice to all opinions & you shouldn't seek to censor that.

I respect Poole for organising the event but I'm interested in the reasoning behind it, especially the finances.  Poole could make £100k from one meeting!

If 7,000 people are willing to fork out £30 each, & if, as Steve Shovlar has already said, the sport could do with a hike in the attendance fee, could a 6 or 8 team super league with big prize-money be viable? 

And yet this meeting is anathema to the promoters' current cost-cutting 38.85 theory!

but if you've got sponsors willing enough to support it then why not put a meeting on like this.

Shock horror - a promoter might make some money!!! Why is it that as soon as a promoter looks like getting a bit of a money-spinner you can hear all the murmurings of discontent. If a promoter, and I include absolutely any promoter in the country in that, wants to take a risk on an event (and this is, even with all the luck in the world still a risky enterprise), that might make them some money at the end of it, then all I would say is bloody good luck to him or her. What exactly is wrong with a club making a profit? A profit that might offset other costs? A profit that might secure that club financially for a while? A profit that might go to paying a transfer fee outright to another cash-strapped club for example? Cos I'm damned if I can see a problem with a promoter making some money - after all isn't that what every person goes into business for? Why should speedway be any different? The way fans go on, anything that might net some cash is frowned upon as if living on a financial shoestring is the only acceptable means of operating. It's beyond me I have to say. :unsure:

I swear that there will be some fans sat at home, between now and the 9th March, praying for rain, willing for something to go wrong so that the event isn't a success, just so that they can have their little gloat.

Edited by rabbit

Hi everyone

I was wondering if I will be able to stand by the start line for the meeting, like I normally do, or is the Grandstand side restricted to seating only?

Piglet