British Speedway Forum

In the summer months. March is a different story. Still enough Poole fans to pack the place, and with big interest from fans around the country it will be chockers. As long as it doesn't rain of course!

4 weeks tomorrow. Not too long now.

Echo.

PIRATES chief Matt Ford has revealed a maximum 5,500-crowd figure has been set for the club's Diamond Jubilee meeting next month.

So, with tickets selling fast, he is urging Poole supporters to snap them up early so they don't miss out on watching the extravaganza.

But Ford has stressed health and safety regulations have restricted the official attendance to 5,500, despite more than 7,000 watching the World Team Cup final at the same venue in 2004.

Ford added: "I don't want Poole's regular clientele to feel let down if they turn up on the day and we are not allowed to sell tickets because of health and safety.

"I just hope people already have them by then if they want to see 11 out of the top 12 GP stars, last year's World Under-21 champion and runner-up and other exceptional riders like Jarek Hampel.

"I'm just fearful Poole fans will turn up on the day like they usually do and be disappointed because I truly don't want that to happen. I'm worried because there is a possibility the doors may have to be closed.

"It doesn't happen often. We just don't want regular fans to be disappointed if it does because we are full up.

"But get your tickets and don't be disappointed by having to look in from the outside.

"The grandstand is pretty much sold out. There are still tables left in the restaurant but they are going fast.

"If you are looking for a seat, there certainly won't be any available on the door, so to secure a seat you need to buy your ticket before the day by ringing 0870 111 3000.

"Everyone who comes to the meeting will receive a voucher for reduced or free admission to our home meeting against Lakeside on March 12.

Maybe it's just me but all this sounds like the type of spin a desperate promoter may use to shift some slow moving tickets !!. :wink:

OK just been on the phone to book.

They said it has been busy all morning and that a lot of tickets have sold already.

The woman on the phone did say if tickets continue to sell as they are, all tickets could be gone before Christmas. So make your own mind up if you want to go or not and don't leave it to chance.

Just my advice.

Hmmmmm !! :wink:

Well obviously the BIC are in on it as well then as their website shows areas sold out and only limited tickets in other sections.

With your post it looks like you are one of the clan that would want this event to fail miserably. Shame there are people on here that would rather see a forward thinking promotion, who are putting on something very special, come a cropper.

But speedway is stacked full of negative thinking fans, so it should be no suprise.

oi oi let's not put the mockers on this great meeting ................... positivity is the key!!

Not only are the world champs elect racing one another but I bet the dual between the world under 21 1 and 2 will be summat worth watching too!!

As well as all the other pretty decent rides chucked in as well ;)

Edited by Trees

Well obviously the BIC are in on it as well then as their website shows areas sold out and only limited tickets in other sections.

With your post it looks like you are one of the clan that would want this event to fail miserably. Shame there are people on here that would rather see a forward thinking promotion, who are putting on something very special, come a cropper.

But speedway is stacked full of negative thinking fans, so it should be no suprise.

Steve, there is a world of difference between me commenting on my interpretation of the contents of your post, and me wanting the meeting to 'come a cropper', especially as this is the first time i have commented on this thread which has been running for over 3 months.

I guess i'll go back to not bothering to read or comment on Poole threads - but then that could be tricky as 99% of threads seem to turn into them.

Steve, there is a world of difference between me commenting on my interpretation of the contents of your post, and me wanting the meeting to 'come a cropper', especially as this is the first time i have commented on this thread which has been running for over 3 months.

I guess i'll go back to not bothering to read or comment on Poole threads - but then that could be tricky as 99% of threads seem to turn into them.

Just goes to show how popular our club is, doesn't it!!. :approve:

Edited by Starman2006

CC, you can hardly say your post was not negative. You questioned whether the tickets were selling and said it sounded like a load of spin. Well the BIC site shows that the grandstand is almost sold out and Matt was giving fair warning to Poole fans that unless they get their tickets soon, they will miss out on a grandtsand or resteraunt seat.

He says that there are plenty of standing tickets still available, but he is looking after the poole fans by advising them to buy before the day or risk missing out.

If there was silence coming from Poole then you can be sure there would be tickets anywhere in the ground on the day. The fact that there are only 5,500 tickets available means demand should outstrip supply.

I do get angry when a promoter takes a large risk and dares to put on a meeting of this magnitude, only for fans to take a pop or really hope it all fails miserably. They sem to get some type of sick joy out of watching others fail, when they don't have the ability of drive, or brains, to do something like this themselves.

If this meeting was to be held at Brandon, to celebrate an important aniversary, and that lineup had been announced, I would already have purchased my tickets. This meeting is too good to miss and regardless of whether you come from Poole or as far as Glasgow, its one well worth making plans for.

You questioned whether the tickets were selling and said it sounded like a load of spin.

Indeed Steve, this is exactly what i did. This and nothing more.

No malice, no bitching, no ill-feeling, no bad wishes, no hopes of failure.

What i did Steve was give an opinion, you know, like you do on virtually every thread on this forum,

and i still stand by that opinion which is that even though the capacity has been dropped from 7000

to 5,500 it will still not be a sell out.

Sounds like the main grandstand is now almost sold out. No suprise there because it has a roof!

Echo.

PIRATES chief Matt Ford has revealed a maximum 5,500-crowd figure has been set for the club's Diamond Jubilee meeting next month.

So, with tickets selling fast, he is urging Poole supporters to snap them up early so they don't miss out on watching the extravaganza.

Sixteen of the world's top stars will contest a top prize of £60,000 - the biggest purse for the winner of a single meeting in speedway history - on March 9.

They include world champion Nicki Pedersen, other top Grand Prix stars Leigh Adams, Jason Crump and Hans Andersen.

Pirates quartet Bjarne Pedersen, Davey Watt, Karol Zabik and Chris Holder will also take part.

A bumper crowd, including fans from other clubs around the country, are expected to pack into Poole Stadium.

But Ford has stressed health and safety regulations have restricted the official attendance to 5,500, despite more than 7,000 watching the World Team Cup final at the same venue in 2004.

Ford added: "I don't want Poole's regular clientele to feel let down if they turn up on the day and we are not allowed to sell tickets because of health and safety.

"I just hope people already have them by then if they want to see 11 out of the top 12 GP stars, last year's World Under-21 champion and runner-up and other exceptional riders like Jarek Hampel.

"I'm just fearful Poole fans will turn up on the day like they usually do and be disappointed because I truly don't want that to happen. I'm worried because there is a possibility the doors may have to be closed.

"It doesn't happen often. We just don't want regular fans to be disappointed if it does because we are full up.

"It's just one meeting. The rest of the year you can just turn up on the day.

"This day is not going to be like that.

@It's a gala meeting, a massive day for the club and speedway in general.

"But get your tickets and don't be disappointed by having to look in from the outside.

"The grandstand is pretty much sold out. There are still tables left in the restaurant but they are going fast.

"There are plenty of standing tickets available.

"If you are looking for a seat, there certainly won't be any available on the door, so to secure a seat you need to buy your ticket before the day by ringing 0870 111 3000.

"Everyone who comes to the meeting will receive a voucher for reduced or free admission to our home meeting against Lakeside on March 12.

"It will allow adults and OAPs to get in for £10, rather than £15 and £13, and under-16s for nothing, rather than £4."

50 years of dads army as well this week .........don't panic mr ford don't panic :lol:

Sadly the problems of putting a "big" meeting on at a self styled "major" club are becoming increasingly apparent when both claim is clearly false.

5000 is not a large crowd & if only the main stand is full, it is obvious that the meeting is struggling to catch the imagination.

Yet again the promotion that we are regularly told by Poole fans is forward thinking seems to have missed the mark.

Troll.

:shock::shock::shock:

Steve

From the forum rules and guidelines

" Trolls . A troll is a contributor whose sole intent in posting is to be a disturbance to the community."

Pot ?, Kettle ?, Black ?. Ring any bells ????. :unsure:

Steve is absolutely right in this instance. It benefits nobody to state, on page after page, that this meeting is going to be a failure. All that does is shows just how bitter so many 'fans' are. If you cannot see the potential in this meeting then you are profoundly blind and stupid IMO. I may be a Poole fan, but I would be pleased to see a meeting of this scale and symbol at any club in the country. Those of you who can only slate it need to take a long hard look at yourselves. Pathetic.