British Speedway Forum

If you ignore the obvious anti-Poole attitude of the Coventry Mafia, I think any self-respecting SPEEDWAY fan would be supportive of this type of meeting! What the hell's the problem with Matt Ford 'bigging' up this meeting a bit to get more people in - so what? We have it every year with the Cardiff GP ad nauseum on SKY and yet because this is Poole the usual suspects start slaggin it off. Seriously some people need to get a life! :rolleyes:

Good post fox05 and lupus! Just think a few years ago, before the advent of the GPs, every BL club had a meeting with all the top boys racing, fantastic for the fans!!

If you ignore the obvious anti-Poole attitude of the Coventry Mafia, I think any self-respecting SPEEDWAY fan would be supportive of this type of meeting! What the hell's the problem with Matt Ford 'bigging' up this meeting a bit to get more people in - so what? We have it every year with the Cardiff GP ad nauseum on SKY and yet because this is Poole the usual suspects start slaggin it off. Seriously some people need to get a life! :rolleyes:

Exactly right lupus. Matt Ford is just doing his job by promoting this event. And IMO its a job he does alot better than most other promoters in this country who would never have the ambition to try and stage such an event.

Pure jealousy from the non-Poole fans in my opinion, because they know that this meeting will give Poole all the early season publicity.

Pure jealousy from the non-Poole fans in my opinion, because they know that this meeting will give Poole all the early season publicity.

if it runs (the weather mean) its a bit of a gamble dont you think

Inclined to agree, but to be honest, I wouldn't even really bother replying to the petty posts. Whether it irks some of the small-minded or not, it will be a great day for those attending (particularly the Poole fans) and those involved in the presentation, and that's the bottom line - it's part of the celebration of Poole's 60 years - fans of speedway itself will also love it for the line-up on view and that's all that really matters - not some bitter comments from a very small minority that in the general scheme of things mean diddly squat. They probably won't be there so who cares?

Edited by rabbit

if it runs (the weather mean) its a bit of a gamble dont you think

Other than the weather it shouldn't be a gamble at all. If the main grandstand is now almost sold out, you can bet that there have been a lot of regular standing tickets sold.

When you take into consideration for £25 you get the biggest meeting in the UK after the GP, and included in the price is a free program worth £5, it means you get to see the biggest race prize ever held in the UK for £3 more than a normal night out.

And then, on top of that, you get a ticket which means you get into Poole V Lakeside the next week for a tenner, saving you a further fiver!

Which means, if you chose to stand to watch the Jubilee meeting, it will cost the same as a usual league meeting, if you attend both fixtures. Now THAT is a real bargain.

Other than the weather it shouldn't be a gamble at all. If the main grandstand is now almost sold out, you can bet that there have been a lot of regular standing tickets sold.

When you take into consideration for £25 you get the biggest meeting in the UK after the GP, and included in the price is a free program worth £5, it means you get to see the biggest race prize ever held in the UK for £3 more than a normal night out.

And then, on top of that, you get a ticket which means you get into Poole V Lakeside the next week for a tenner, saving you a further fiver!

Which means, if you chose to stand to watch the Jubilee meeting, it will cost the same as a usual league meeting, if you attend both fixtures. Now THAT is a real bargain.

The meeting is a good one no doubt about it and i think on the day people will turn up to watch it but the fact remains at the moment the tickets sales are poor hence the matt ford weekly press statements telling you to buy your tickets now .

Good luck to ford on the meeting a forward thinking idea but lets not ham it up about about the tickets sales as at the moment they suck and its not going sell out .

Troll.

Hobbit!

Says the voice of reason.........

Every post you pretty much make is anti Bees'

Stick to putting your hands where the sun don't shine Lupy :wink:

Ah but the point is my insect friend I ADMIT to being biased against the bees and take every opportunity to show this! Care to be as honest?!!! :unsure::P

Good luck to ford on the meeting a forward thinking idea but lets not ham it up about about the tickets sales as at the moment they suck and its not going sell out .

But this is called promoting the event. And you can be sure as the date gets closer we will have more and more "hamming up" with riders telling us how desperate they are to win it, how the fans are baying for a Poole rider to win, how riders who have missed out are desperate to take part etc etc etc.

If there was just silence then it would not be on the fans minds and would more than likely not sell out. Expect the buzz to increase as the day approaches, with the Echo really pushing it big time in the local area, enough to get many first timers along to see what all the fuss is about.

Some friends and I have booked a hotel in Bournemouth for the Sunday night so we will still be around on the Monday in case it had been cancelled the day before. What I'd like to know is what happens if it is cancelled again on the Monday. It's highly unlikely that we would be able to come down again. There's 4 of us so I don't feel like forking out over £140 without knowing. It's really putting me off buying tickets in advance.

I don't know if there is a third day on the calendar in case of a double rainoff, but I would imagine it would be put back to later in the year, possibly in October when the Polish season has finished.

Lets hope there's no need to think along those lines.

Not this Poole meeting thread thing again put to the top by Shovlar Promotions Ltd..

How many times do we have to hear from Matt Ford that the tickets are selling well??

But there are still many standing tickets available??

Bit of a contradiction

Some friends and I have booked a hotel in Bournemouth for the Sunday night so we will still be around on the Monday in case it had been cancelled the day before. What I'd like to know is what happens if it is cancelled again on the Monday. It's highly unlikely that we would be able to come down again. There's 4 of us so I don't feel like forking out over £140 without knowing. It's really putting me off buying tickets in advance.
Buy the DVD of the meeting and save yourself ££££££££ :lol: