British Speedway Forum

How can it be better than watching your own club win? I have seen great meetings at Poole, which is easily one of the best tracks in the country, and I have seen bad meetings. But this is tempered by the team winning. I can watch a great meeting at Somerset, but leave feeling empty because it means little to me. Racing good. Thats it.

Oh and racing can be crap there as well.

I think you and PTW have cut off your nose to spite your face and are going to miss a cracking season at Wimborne Road in 2008, starting with the Jubilee meeting].

[/quote/]

i will be at the jubilee and the lakeside challange as its only £10.

Yes i will miss watching the pirates week in week out but will go back to my point im not paying £15 pouneds for a weakend league thats it,they could of offered a free program but no they expect me to pay £15 pounds per meeting for a weakened product.

look at the 2003 team when we had Tony Rickardsson and Leigh Adams in the team and it was £13 and every year since the team avarage has gone down and now we have got to a limit were we have got people like Troy (as an example)(Sorry Troy) as a heat leader mmmmmmm

The likes of Mr adams and Mr Crump will not lose many races this year .

Last year i was whaching the meetings and was nowing most of the time what was going to happen in races.

Then i when`t to whach THE PREM LEAGUE and the o go raceing was Close and you could not pick who was going to win the races.

I thought this is what i started to go to speedway for and not the modane raceing in the elite.

Yes u get the top riders in the elite but imo u get better raceing in the prem league.

I hope poole do win the league and the shield and the ko cup

Edited by Andy Valente

So last year you didn't know who was going to win between Zorro ( 10+ average) and Lee Dicken, for example?

It's exactly the same. Riders with high averages win more races than those with lower. Rule applies through all leagues in the world.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

So last year you didn't know who was going to win between Zorro ( 10+ average) and Lee Dicken, for example?

It's exactly the same. Riders with high averages win more races than those with lower. Rule applies through all leagues in the world.

yes see your point but you see my point about what is happening to the elite league

ie (2003) Tony and Leigh £13 to today (2008) Bjarne and Davey £15 thats my point.

Troy at no 3 mmmm You would have never got that in 2003

Do you agree with that???????

By the way i saw stoddard beat Nermark at newcastle

Edited by Andy Valente

yes see your point but you see my point about what is happening to the elite league

ie (2003) Tony and Leigh £13 to today (2008) Bjarne and Davey £15 thats my point.

Troy at no 3 mmmm You would have never got that in 2003

Do you agree with that???????

You're making no sense at all your really not. So in actual fact its the lack of "top stars" like those you've mentioned thats annoyed you? But yet you're quite happy to go to Somerset instead? :blink:

You didn't want the low limit and yet you are moaning about the lack of good racing and entertainment. Andy, thats exactly the point of lowering the limit!!!!

The "racing" generally last year in the top flight was utter rubbishe with many a thumping handed out. There is no doubt the league looks tighter this year from top to bottom and those thumpings we saw last year will be few and far between. Of course they will still happen occasionally, but far less frequently than last year. I agree totally with Steve, i don't understand your stance at all its a bit baffling to say the least.

You're making no sense at all your really not. So in actual fact its the lack of "top stars" like those you've mentioned thats annoyed you? But yet you're quite happy to go to Somerset instead? :blink:

You didn't want the low limit and yet you are moaning about the lack of good racing and entertainment. Andy, thats exactly the point of lowering the limit!!!!

The "racing" generally last year in the top flight was utter rubbishe with many a thumping handed out. There is no doubt the league looks tighter this year from top to bottom and those thumpings we saw last year will be few and far between. Of course they will still happen occasionally, but far less frequently than last year. I agree totally with Steve, i don't understand your stance at all its a bit baffling to say the least.

have u been to watch much prem league!!!!

i allways thought nothing past elite league but i was empressed by what i saw in the prem and there the boys that will in the elite in years to come,

the likes of Woffinden,Auty,Johansson,Roynon ect

yes it will be closer but i will give it a year in the prem league and see what happends in 2009

ive got the best off all three leagues poole,somerset and weymouth

Edited by Andy Valente

£25 for a child is apalling,hope it pours down all weekend.

what a stab in the back for all families

have u been to watch much prem league!!!!

i allways thought nothing past elite league but i was empressed by what i saw in the prem and there the boys that will in the elite in years to come,

the likes of Woffinden,Auty,Johansson,Roynon ect

yes it will be closer but i will give it a year in the prem league and see what happends in 2009

ive got the best off all three leagues poole,somerset and weymouth

But that reply again makes no sense to what you have been stating ever since the limit came out. You kicked up a huge fuss because of the lowering of the limit. You even stated that you would rather have seen it increased so you could have watched an even stronger Poole side than last year, being able to fit in Kasprzak along with Crump and Pedersen while the clubs that were badly cut adrift at the bottom last year would have been even further cut adrift with fewer options. How on earth would that have resulted in better racing and entertainment and "value for money"? You are the one who is constantly mentioning the standard of rider on show this year than last, "Batchelor at 3" no less, but the standard of rider on show in the Elite is still superior to that of the premier league. If its a better standard of racing that you want and you're not in fact bothered by the high standard of rider, then you should have actually been pleased with the lowering of the limit and not pissed off!! You seem to contradict yourself with every post you make on the matter and like i've said, its really hard to see where you are coming from.

hope it pours down all weekend.

Thanks for your generous good wishes. Always good to see the spirit of speedway shining through amongst fellow fans. :blink:

So guess you won't be interested in a ticket then? :P

Edited by rabbit

£25 for a child is apalling,hope it pours down all weekend.

what a stab in the back for all families

While i don't agree with your point about it pouring down, i do agree that charging 25 quid for a child is ridiculous as do the Poole fans to be fair to them. For someone who is desperately trying to promote the event to bring in as much money as possible to help finance it, it seems bizzare that he is putting off a very large number of people by charging such a ridiculous amount for a child. How many people have said they would have gone for a great family day out but won't bother because of those prices for the kids? And how many parents will still go, but will leave the poor kids at home with the grandparents because they won't pay the 25 for a childs ticket? There will no doubt be a lot of unhappy kids who love their speedway, left at home and thats a great shame.

Edited by TrackStaff

Thanks for your generous good wishes. Always good to see the spirit of speedway shining through amongst fellow fans. :blink:

So guess you won't be interested in a ticket then? :P

if you feel excluding so many children (the future of our sport) embrases the spirit of speedway,then heaven help you.

hope it rains all week and weekend.

mick and colin would never make such a mistake.

Edited by hatcham

if you feel excluding so many children (the future of our sport) embrases the spirit of speedway,then heaven help you.

mick and colin would never make such a mistake.

Would they even have the audacity to stage a meeting with a £60k top prize?

Your comments are contemptuous in the least, not only to the people outside of the promotion involved in making this event hopefully a success, but also to the many fans who are looking forward to the meeting, and the associated events.

You may not agree with the prices and you are not alone in that, but to wish failure on the event says more about you than anything else I'm afraid. I'm sure Colin, Mick and your fellow P'boro fans (of which thankfully you are not representative) are exceptionally proud of you. :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

Would they even have the audacity to stage a meeting with a £60k top prize?

who knows,but is a £60,000 prize justified if it means the exclusion of so many children.

if children dont matter,why not make child prices the same as adults for league meetings,and whilst there at it why not make disabled parking bays the furthest away from stadiums,after all most people aren't disabled!!

Then why haven't they put on such a meeting? :rolleyes:

Very few fans agree with Matts pricing for kids but it's his show and he can do what he likes. Guess he thinks it's going to be packed out anyway.

There's a limit of 5,500, and its likely to reach that figure. Guess he needs 3000 to break even. Now imagine if 1000 of that 5500 were kids who got in for a fiver. Instead of making £30,000 for those 1000 tickets, Matt has only made £5,000. So he loses £25,000 by letting kids in cheap. When you are talking a limited capacity you have to make it pay, especially when you are giving out £60,000 to the winner, plus advertising, stadium hire, travel expenses, appearance money etc etc etc.

Your comments are contemptuous in the least, not only to the people outside of the promotion involved in making this event hopefully a success, but also to the many fans who are looking forward to the meeting, and the associated events.

You may not agree with the prices and you are not alone in that, but to wish failure on the event says more about you than anything else I'm afraid. I'm sure Colin, Mick and your fellow P'boro fans (of which thankfully you are not representative) are exceptionally proud of you. :rolleyes:

in your opinion! now let me guess?? i bet you dont have kids?