British Speedway Forum

If fans want to bring kids along they are welcome to. Don't see your problem. Under 5's are free.

And I'm assuming you don't go to many concerts where there are no kids tickets either? Whether I do have kids or not is, with all due respect, is none of your business and not relevant at all. I'm objecting to your vehement wish for the whole event to be ruined by rain. Best you stay up there in P'boro and let us Poole fans enjoy our 60th festivities.

Edited by rabbit

If fans want to bring kids along they are welcome to. Don't see your problem. Under 5's are free.

Over 5's and under 16's are not, they are full price which puts a whole load of families off going.

N.B This is just an observation.

Edited by crazysue

Then why haven't they put on such a meeting? :rolleyes:

Very few fans agree with Matts pricing for kids but it's his show and he can do what he likes. Guess he thinks it's going to be packed out anyway.

There's a limit of 5,500, and its likely to reach that figure. Guess he needs 3000 to break even. Now imagine if 1000 of that 5500 were kids who got in for a fiver. Instead of making £30,000 for those 1000 tickets, Matt has only made £5,000. So he loses £25,000 by letting kids in cheap. When you are talking a limited capacity you have to make it pay, especially when you are giving out £60,000 to the winner, plus advertising, stadium hire, travel expenses, appearance money etc etc etc.

so you would be happy if the price of a ticket was £1000 and matt ford's thinking was,138 fans @ £1000 per ticket means more money than 5500 @ £25

Hatcham, with all due respect, if you can't afford it, why twitter on? I doubt you have the slightest intention of coming anyway and are just here to troll.

Hatcham, with all due respect, if you can't afford it, why twitter on? I doubt you have the slightest intention of coming anyway and are just here to troll.

so lets get this right,you say with all respect,then question my finances,describe my opinions as twitter,doubt my integrity,and then insult me.

if you and rabbit are typical of poole fans,best me and the kids stay at home.

hope it rains.

Very few fans agree with Matts pricing for kids but it's his show and he can do what he likes. Guess he thinks it's going to be packed out anyway.

Oh dear.

Once again you do your promotion no good at all Steve.

I agree that the ticket pricing is incorrect but as Rabbit says - no discount at a concert etc - a bum on a seat is a bum on a seat.

BUT your down fall is basically saying that Matt couldnt care less if he has excluded children. :rolleyes:

so lets get this right,you say with all respect,then question my finances,describe my opinions as twitter,doubt my integrity,and then insult me.

if you and rabbit are typical of poole fans,best me and the kids stay at home.

hope it rains.

Now excuse me, but you are the one who has descended on this thread, and with your second post on this forum, indicated that because you don't agree with the pricing for children, you hope the whole event is rained off and therefore ruined for the fans and financially a liability for the club we support?!! Then yes, I am indicative of Poole fans because I find that a disgusting suggestion, and however much I disagreed with anything your or any other promotion might do, I would never, in a million years, as a fan of this sport, wish an event to be rained off, knowing the amount of effort that goes in behind the scenes, and the distances people might travel to attend it.

By all means disagree with the pricing structure and argue it, as many before you have done, but your comments have left you open for criticism and i have said nothing that I would not say to anyone else from anywhere else wishing for an event to be cancelled. :angry:

Oh dear.

Once again you do your promotion no good at all Steve.

I agree that the ticket pricing is incorrect but as Rabbit says - no discount at a concert etc - a bum on a seat is a bum on a seat.

BUT your down fall is basically saying that Matt couldnt care less if he has excluded children. :rolleyes:

No Sandie you are putting words in my mouth. I never said anything of the sort. I said its Matts show so he can do what he wants. That doesn't mean he doesn't care. It means he can charge what he wants.

I have said I don't agree with his pricing for kids BUT ITS HIS CHOICE! Not mine. Not yours. If you don't want to pay £25 fine. its YOUR choice. Its a Poole event for Poole fans and Poole fans are mostly happy with the deal, considering its a free program, and a £5 discount off the Lakeside meeting which means it more or less costs the same as a normal meeting.

Now excuse me, but you are the one who has descended on this thread, and with your second post on this forum, indicated that because you don't agree with the pricing for children, you hope the whole event is rained off and therefore ruined for the fans and financially a liability for the club we support?!! Then yes, I am indicative of Poole fans because I find that a disgusting suggestion, and however much I disagreed with anything your or any other promotion might do, I would never, in a million years, as a fan of this sport, wish an event to be rained off, knowing the amount of effort that goes in behind the scenes, and the distances people might travel to attend it.

By all means disagree with the pricing structure and argue it, as many before you have done, but your comments have left you open for criticism and i have said nothing that I would not say to anyone else from anywhere else wishing for an event to be cancelled. :angry:

a rather elitist attitude.

how many of the line up would have agreed to race if the prize money was lets say £10,000 ? my guess all of them.

the event is just an exercise in pure snobbery to exclude the less well off.

Now you really are just trolling. Find someone else to react. If I'm elitist for considering the expense my fellow fans from around the country and area would go to on the day, and the time and effort expended by people to have it rained off then shoot me. I've said and done worse :rolleyes:

Edited by rabbit

a rather elitist attitude.

how many of the line up would have agreed to race if the prize money was lets say £10,000 ? my guess all of them.

the event is just an exercise in pure snobbery to exclude the less well off.

Total troll. I would ignore him Rabbit.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Total troll. I would ignore him Rabbit.

glad to see the spirit of debate is alive and kicking in sandbanks.

lobster anyone??

While i don't agree with your point about it pouring down, i do agree that charging 25 quid for a child is ridiculous as do the Poole fans to be fair to them. For someone who is desperately trying to promote the event to bring in as much money as possible to help finance it, it seems bizzare that he is putting off a very large number of people by charging such a ridiculous amount for a child. How many people have said they would have gone for a great family day out but won't bother because of those prices for the kids? And how many parents will still go, but will leave the poor kids at home with the grandparents because they won't pay the 25 for a childs ticket? There will no doubt be a lot of unhappy kids who love their speedway, left at home and thats a great shame.

very good point its all to do with makeing money

No Sandie you are putting words in my mouth. I never said anything of the sort. I said its Matts show so he can do what he wants. That doesn't mean he doesn't care. It means he can charge what he wants.

I have said I don't agree with his pricing for kids BUT ITS HIS CHOICE! Not mine. Not yours. If you don't want to pay £25 fine. its YOUR choice. Its a Poole event for Poole fans and Poole fans are mostly happy with the deal, considering its a free program, and a £5 discount off the Lakeside meeting which means it more or less costs the same as a normal meeting.

happy with the deal we are getting but not happy at paying £15 pounds for a deleated league