British Speedway Forum

I trust no student price?

What if you don't want to buy a programme Steve? That's added 5 quid on already.

KevH, I guess we won't see you down here for the big one then. Don't see how you could call the prices crazy. A special program included (£5 value?) so only a fiver more than usual. And considering a weaker ELRC costs normally £18 plus program, about £2 more than normal.

Start time is 3 pm, and finishes a spectacular weekend for Poole fans, as the night before is the big gala evening of champions at the BIC, where many ec and the current World Champ will be in attendance.

If I get NP on my table I will be sure to get a few drinks down his throat!!

Sounds like paradise down your way.

I trust no student price?

What if you don't want to buy a programme Steve? That's added 5 quid on already.

One way of looking at it but how many big meetings do fans go to and end up queing for a photocopy of the race sheet as the programs have sold out? Happens at every big meeting. At least this way there's no worry. Get your ticket before habnd and you can turn up 10 mins before the first race, have a program and a reserved seat. That sounds good.

If you don't want a program, sell it afterwards on Ebay and get your money back.

One way of looking at it but how many big meetings do fans go to and end up queing for a photocopy of the race sheet as the programs have sold out?

Not once have I ever not had a programme at ELRC's, EL Pairs, Grand Prix's, British Finals e.t.c due to them running out.

25 quid is still a lot of money for students, Steve.

But you will find it easy enough to go to Cardiff and pay a lot more. And if you supported a decent football team that would be the cheapest ticket.

Odd innit we read a million threads about British Speedway needing to cut costs and then.....................................

But you will find it easy enough to go to Cardiff and pay a lot more. And if you supported a decent football team that would be the cheapest ticket.

Cardiff is a Grand Prix.......... Poole is staging a totally meaningless meeting which will be forgotten by May...........get real, your spin isn't even amusing anymore. :rolleyes:

Cardiff is a Grand Prix.......... Poole is staging a totally meaningless meeting which will be forgotten by May...........get real, your spin isn't even amusing anymore. :rolleyes:

You really are a saddo. :rolleyes:

All I see from you is the big green eyed monster.

A special meeting for the fans of all clubs to celebrate 60 years of continuous speedway at Wimborne Raod, and all you can do is try and crap on it. Even fans of other clubs are saying what a good meeting it looks and are coming down.

But then what else would we all expect from you?

Just did what I should have a long time ago and added you to my block list. At least I donn't now have to read your posts.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

But, at those crazy prices I hope it falls flat on it's face - it's a meaningless fixture and a rip-off - simple as that!!!!

Why is it a meaningless fixture Kev? It's an anniversary meeting - a celebration of the club's 60 years. It's a big event and the prices reflect that - you'll pay the same and a lot more to watch the GP at Cardiff so what's the difference? and don't say the facilities because that's not what people go for - it's the whole occasion. It's still 16 blokes riding 20-odd heats isn't it? :rolleyes:

Why is it that people can't even acknowledge for 5 minutes a positive event when it happens? Or are we all such embittered fans now that everything has to be criticised? :blink:

Edited by rabbit

Why is it a meaningless fixture Kev? It's an anniversary meeting - a celebration of the club's 60 years. It's a big event and the prices reflect that - you'll pay the same and a lot more to watch the GP at Cardiff so what's the difference? and don't say the facilities because that's not what people go for - it's the whole occasion. It's still 16 blokes riding 20-odd heats isn't it?  :rolleyes:

Why is it that people can't even acknowledge for 5 minutes a positive event when it happens? Or are we all such embittered fans now that everything has to be criticised?  :blink:

Odd innit we read a million threads about British Speedway needing to cut costs and then.....................................

I guess most people are more concered about other issues.

Fair play to Poole though, cant fault them for ambition.

Edited by superguest

Why is it a meaningless fixture Kev? It's an anniversary meeting - a celebration of the club's 60 years. It's a big event and the prices reflect that - you'll pay the same and a lot more to watch the GP at Cardiff so what's the difference? and don't say the facilities because that's not what people go for - it's the whole occasion. It's still 16 blokes riding 20-odd heats isn't it?  :rolleyes:

That rubbish. Cardiff (any GP for that matter) is better and means more than this meeting. No other individual meetings can compete with the GP's with the possible exception of the GP qualifier and the under 21's.

Well what can you say! Poole put on a top class meeting to commence the 2008 season and celebrate a land mark in their long history and all you get is whinging and wining from other Elite League teams supporters. How sad!

I will certainly look forward to this meeting and hope to be there god willing. £30.00 for a grandstand seat and programme seems none to ridiculous to me, and a much better way to spend your money than the Brighton or Telford events.

Role on March 9th, hopefully Holder may get added to the meeting, would be very interesting to see how he would perform in such a high class field.

Edited by PhilK