British Speedway Forum

Congrats to N. Pedersen, but just how good is Holder gonna be?? Awsome performance from the young Aussie and certainly gonna be a big Elite star this season.

So after all that you wont get in unless you get there early crap it mey well have kept spectators away

NICKI PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP yes well done nicki showed them all whos best yet again and even gave them all a head start by retiring in his 1st race!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to N. Pedersen, but just how good is Holder gonna be?? Awsome performance from the young Aussie and certainly gonna be a big Elite star this season.

Looks like he is going to be a fine rider, I think that Poole have got a gem in him, looks like he could well average around the 7 point mark after this kind of performance.

The best possible start to the Speedway season. :approve:

All I congratulate on opening a season :approve:

i here that there was only 3000 there today and no full signs were placed up.

congratulatinos to nicki

some fans were missing as they may have fancied travelling down today from the north but as they would have only got there at around 2pm along with me and another 10 fans were probably worried about there being no tickets left and a wasted journey (mainly due to the scaremongering done by some poole fans)i.e fans at stadium before 10am.

So after all that you wont get in unless you get there early crap it mey well have kept spectators away

If you knew Steve Shovlar like we do then you wouldn't of taken any notice would you :rolleyes: Hope everyone had a good day at Wimbourne Road Nikki P certainly did :approve:

Unfortunately most people don't know Shovlar like you do Shazzy. Hope all the bollox he's been spouting the past few weeks and again this morning didnt' deter people from travelling down to Poole today.

Still if it did, he may have actually done people a favour. Sounds like it was a bit of a snoozefest!

From the gate....... From the gate........ From the gate

One good race by the looks of the live updates. :rolleyes:

Congratulations to Nicki P, starting the season like he finished the last one.

I think "no concessions" kept most people away. But i'm glad it went ok for all those that did turn up.

Zabik first pull out.

Obviously a good little Catholic, although a risky form of contraceptive.

Cheats never prosper. Where was bjarne?

Cheats never prosper. Where was bjarne?

Well, a lot higher up the points scorers than Harris, for a start.

Well done to Nicki, any doubters have had their questions answered i think.Really pleased that aj & scotty did so well.Bjarne it appears was the real pace-setter early on but faded towards the end, how many times have we seen that in the past,a remarkable talent is Bjarne but always fades when the chips are down.I have to take my hat off to Noddy(sorry no pun intended), Shovvy you we're right.Disappointment from Bomber but i'm reliably informed there we're mechanical gremlins, better he get's them out of the way now before the serious stuff starts.

It was a little dusty i'm told & it appears a little more rain could have helped with that, something else Shovvy was right about, geez 2 compliments in a day, i must be ill :wink: .Seriously i'm glad all went well, & Steve my texting freind tells me she got into the stadium before you, i did ask her to give you a big kiss from me but i guess she thought better of it. :wink::lol: .

Edited by colincooke

Well,you all know Im not a fan of Nicki Pedersen.

However,he was a deserved winner today.He showed exactly why he is World Champion.He was in a different class.Won it fair and square.One of the first times Ive actually enjoyed watching him race.Congratulations to him.

SCB...you say cheats never prosper,and ask where was Bjarne? Why dont you ask the same about Crump? He was the villian of the moment.He touched the tapes and got penalised 15 metres.In the rerun,he VERY CLEARLY moved long before Bjarne touched the tapes,and he was penalised 15 metres.Crump should have been kicked out for cheating,not moved back to 25 metres.Bjarne was moving,I know that,but he only touched the tapes because of Crump moving a second time.That bizarre moment spoilt a very enjoyable meeting.

The Russian Emil Sajfutdinov was a pleasure to watch,never far off the pace,while Chris Harris was a big disappointment.

Good meeting to open the season with,Holder already looking very impressive indeed.

Edited by BobC

Didn't know until midday that I would be free this afternoon so could'nt buy tickets in advance, so took a quick look on the forum to make sure everything was still on at Wimborne Road. Saw comments that people were already queueing to get in an hour or so earlier, so decided it was a no-go for my wife and myself. Only an hours drive from home, but not worth it if the place is full and no chance of getting in. My fault, I guess, for taking notice of some of the rubbish spouted about the sold-out situation. I wonder how many others, like us, would have gone if they knew they could have got in with no trouble.

Didn't know until midday that I would be free this afternoon so could'nt buy tickets in advance, so took a quick look on the forum to make sure everything was still on at Wimborne Road. Saw comments that people were already queueing to get in an hour or so earlier, so decided it was a no-go for my wife and myself. Only an hours drive from home, but not worth it if the place is full and no chance of getting in. My fault, I guess, for taking notice of some of the rubbish spouted about the sold-out situation. I wonder how many others, like us, would have gone if they knew they could have got in with no trouble.

Did you not think of ringing the Stadium? :rolleyes: