British Speedway Forum

Then the 3 tyres, where did that rule come from?

Give it up, SCB, this is a trivial point. The riders in the SGP series and the SWC are allowed to use as many rear tyres as they want. In a British league meeting they're allowed one tyre per meeting. But this was neither the SGP series, SWC or a British league meeting, so Poole introduced a "local rule" for the meeting. Nothing wrong with that.

Guest Schumi
Have I miss understood? You appear to be saying that NP decided to share his winnings after the race was over? If so it was a magnificent gesture and I applaud him.

I understood the decision to share was taken before the race was started, in which case there was not a race for £60k to the winner and I stand by my original comment that the public were cheated.

No, just not sure what all the fuss is about. I guess, had the majority had a bet on the outcome of that race before it was run, that the majority would have put their money on Nicki winning it, so for the other three it was a bonus. But, of course, you're entitled to your opinion.

My post wasn't meant to sound sarcastic, although it may have come across that way, I just genuinely don't see the problem.

Edit: and I'm a little touchy on the Nicki subject. ;)

Edited by Schumi

Great to meet you too Phil. Sorry I didn't get to chat much - yesterday was just manic from start to finish.

Don't be to hard on the restaurant manager, he's a good bloke and what they had to go through yesterday was monumental with issues being thrown at them left, right and centre. I heard it all yesterday and to be fair the behaviour and attitude of some of our fellow supporters left a lot to be desired too! Even I took some verbal abuse there and I'm nothing to do with the damn restaurant, i just happen to use the PC there! The hours he and the others put in over this weekend to accomodate the meeting were ridiculous so if he did appear a little less than diplomatic now and then, it really wouldn't surprise me.

No problems. sure we will meet again over the season when Brendan is riding.

As for the manager, I was taught that manners cost nothing, he has none and should not be in a job that involves customer interface, I think we should leave it there :wink:

Great to meet you too Phil. Sorry I didn't get to chat much - yesterday was just manic from start to finish.

Don't be to hard on the restaurant manager, he's a good bloke and what they had to go through yesterday was monumental with issues being thrown at them left, right and centre. I heard it all yesterday and to be fair the behaviour and attitude of some of our fellow supporters left a lot to be desired too! Even I took some verbal abuse there and I'm nothing to do with the damn restaurant, i just happen to use the PC there! The hours he and the others put in over this weekend to accomodate the meeting were ridiculous so if he did appear a little less than diplomatic now and then, it really wouldn't surprise me.

No problems. sure we will meet again over the season when Brendan is riding.

As for the manager, I was taught that manners cost nothing, he has none and should not be in a job that involves customer interface, I think we should leave it there :wink:

I travelled down on the day, payed and walked in at 2 pm with no trouble as far as queuing was concerned.

maybe those Steve Shovlar said were queuing at 9.30am were restaurant and track staff then?

well done to Nicki Pedersen, the top rider in the world proving that he still means business for 2008.

no not at all but everyone thinks sportsmen have a sqeauky clean image far from it ive worked the highest levels of football as well and just as much skullduggery goes on there as well at the end of the day everyone has their price but hey nikki p did nothing wrong hey shared his winnings and didnt fix the race

If the share out was agreed before the race took place it casts doubt on the validity of the race. The whole point of the race was that all four riders would be giving it everything in order to try and win £60k, at least that's how it was sold to me. It now appears that all four riders knew before the start of the race that no matter what position they came they would all receive the same prize money.

I don't care how you dress it up or how many excuses you come up with if an agreement was made before the race started as to how the prize money would be shared then the public were cheated and the big selling point of the meeting was a lie.

Quite simply, Nicki was forced out due to not being able to be fitted in anywhere because of his average. Had he been on 7 points, I'm willing to bet that he would be riding in the British League this year, without a shadow of a doubt. Or do you disagree? And finally, your sentence I've highlighted in bold goes to prove my point - your own words, Steve. :P

Eastbourne went for the low points limit when they knew they couldnt afford him. If theyd have been able to afford him they would have gone for a 42.5 limit.

I hate the phrase, but the meeting was "sold" on that basis in good faith by the Poole promotion, which is why I'd be furious if I were Matt Ford. Because you are right. The validity of that final race is now called into question.

Secondly, what a joke this meeting was.

Riders touching tapes and going 15 metres back, another rider touchiung the tapes so two riders being penalised, but the original also being penalised again (you cannot be penalised twice any way, in any meeting, so where did that rule come from?)

Shawn,

I've seen this applied in a league meeting too. Rosco was put back twice for starting infringements for Poole at O*ford back in 2000

i personally think it was a good gesture to share the prize money and would think they would of raced to be named winner of a big meeting but that is just my opinion

Eastbourne went for the low points limit when they knew they couldnt afford him. If theyd have been able to afford him they would have gone for a 42.5 limit.

And you know this to be true, do you?

The plain and simple truth, so far as can be deduced from the evidence, is that Nicki P was forced out by the points limit.

Shawn,

I've seen this applied in a league meeting too. Rosco was put back twice for starting infringements for Poole at O*ford back in 2000

As was the case back then and AFAIK still the case if the rider is on a TS. However, if a rider rolls when 15 metres back he HAS to be excluded.

18.9.2 For a Starting Offence (SR 15.3.4) the Team Manager may in the re-run of the Heat either replace the excluded Rider with a Reserve (starting in the original position) or re-instate the excluded Rider, handicapped by 15 metres (see SR 15.3.7) except that:

* If as a result of a 2nd or subsequent re-instatement it prevents SR 15.3.7 being complied with, the Team Manager foregoes the ability to make a choice – a Reserve Replacement being the only option.

* For a second offence it is a mandatory exclusion with no replacement permitted.

* If the offence is committed by a TS Rider s/he will be handicapped a further 10 metres for a first offence and excluded from the Heat for a 2nd offence.

* If the offence is committed by a TS or TR Rider and a Reserve Replacement is chosen, the use of the TR / TS shall nevertheless count as a TR / TS ride i.e. it is forfeited but the Points scored by the Reserve do not count as double.

Thats in a league meeting, in an individual, there is NO option to go 15 metres back.

Thats in a league meeting, in an individual, there is NO option to go 15 metres back.

Unless of course such an option is stated in the supplementary regulations that have been given to the riders prior to the event. Just a thought...

i personally think it was a good gesture to share the prize money

I would agree if it was AFTER the final heat had finished and the winner had said hey guys-lets just split it,but to agree before the final heat,if that is the case,short changes the public as each rider would not have been racing for four laps to try and win £60,000 as they were led to believe.

with no disrepect to anyone i think its time this subject is put to bed its over its done with end of if nikki p wants to split the money its up to him belive me if you saw the racing yesterday it was like they were taking a cut i think the word is prosesional