British Speedway Forum

I can't wait to see what Speedway Star makes of this tomorrow - investigative journalism or brushed under the carpet ?, you decide !.

If I was a betting man my money would be on your 2nd choice

Steve, i take my hat off to you. That's the most honest, sensible and realistic post you've ever written and i totally agree with it. :approve:
spot on bazzar 3

I haven't got the money yet but I have already made a deal if I win the lottery I am going to share some of my winnings with family and friends and as they are in the same lottery draw they have also made the same deal with me :lol::wink:

Difference being you have told me before hand that you are going to do that and I therefor have the choice as to whether I want to pay £25 to watch you do it. :lol:

QUOTE (Concrete Cowboy @ Mar 12 2008, 09:31 AM)

Steve, i take my hat off to you. That's the most honest, sensible and realistic post you've ever written and i totally agree with it.

spot on bazzar 3

Eh ?. Not sure i follow you my old fruity !.

Edited by Concrete Cowboy

can we please please please put this subject to bed for whatever the reasons good or bad its done and dusted seems nikki p cant do anything right maybe he wanted to lose his bad boy image he was certainly very helpful to me in the pits before the meeting at the end of the day whats done is done

seems nikki p cant do anything right maybe he wanted to lose his bad boy image

That's one possibile theory, another could be that he wanted to shaft british speedway because he beleives it has shafted him !.

There's always more than one way to look at things.

All 4 agreed! Can you people not read?! It wasn't just Nicki, had AJ won he would have split the money and so on :rolleyes:

All 4 agreed! Can you people not read?! It wasn't just Nicki, had AJ won he would have split the money and so on :rolleyes:

Only one has made a point of announcing it to the world though.

I haven't got the money yet but I have already made a deal if I win the lottery I am going to share some of my winnings with family and friends and as they are in the same lottery draw they have also made the same deal with me :lol::wink:

That's fair enough. I have the same agreement with my family. :wink:

Only one has made a point of announcing it to the world though.

Because the others have probably got a bit more common sense :rolleyes:

Try and keep up with the discussion.

The whole point of the argument is that it was not Pedersens money when the dirty deed was done.

The agreement to share the money was made before the race was run not after. At that point Pedersen did not have any money to share out. After the race has been run he can do whatever he wants with his money but at the point of the deception he didn't have any money to give away.

So what...so they decided to split the prize money.

It was still a true run race. Did you see the battle for 2nd, 3rd and 4th behind Nicki.

At the end of the day and quoting an old quote from Gary Havelock...most riders aren't really in it for the money, they are in it for the competition and being the best speedway rider thay can be. The money is irrelavent but it is part and parcel which they ahppily accept.

Spot on just like the cash they must take = blame .

can we please please please put this subject to bed for whatever the reasons good or bad its done and dusted seems nikki p cant do anything right maybe he wanted to lose his bad boy image he was certainly very helpful to me in the pits before the meeting at the end of the day whats done is done

I don't think you should point the finger solely at Nicki P. It's only because he was 'unfortunate' enough to win the race that the criticism is being levelled at him.

Remember that this was a four man decision, and any one of those riders could have crossed the line first.

At the end of the day and quoting an old quote from Gary Havelock...most riders aren't really in it for the money, they are in it for the competition and being the best speedway rider thay can be. The money is irrelavent but it is part and parcel which they ahppily accept.

So why bother turning up ?. £60000 up for grabs and they are not bothered ?. Come on now.