British Speedway Forum

3 names still to be announced - any ideas who they may be??? :unsure:

Taken from

Telford Ice

Thursday 21 February 2008

GRAHAM Drury is predicting a wide open race for the British Open Ice Speedway title at Telford this Sunday.

Drury, who like many supporters will spend the weekend in Shropshire, insists predicting a winner for the prestigious championship is almost impossible.

Wayne Broadhurst will be aiming for a record breaking fifth crown in his farewell meeting - he will quit the sport immediately after Sunday night's action - but all 16 competitors have experience on the ice.

Said Telford co-promoter Drury: "There will be plenty of Coventry fans there to see Martin Smolinski in what could be his one and only UK appearance of the year and I was impressed by his display in a recent indoor ice meeting in Poland.

"My own club, Birmingham, will also be bringing lots of supporters backing both Phil Morris and Jack Hargreaves and both riders are up for the challenge without a doubt.

"David Howe is fit and raring to go for Wolverhampton next month and I expect him to be a serious challenger for the title on Sunday as well.

"Normally at Telford we have some riders who have never ridden on ice before but this year is different. I'm looking forward to the competition, I'm sure we're in for a great day out."

England take on a Rest of the World team at 3pm followed by the Speedway Star Best pairs and in the evening the British Open starts at 7.30pm.

Speedway's own version of 'Dancing on Ice' will take place during the interval at both sessions when fans will get the chance to vote for their favourite rider on skates.

"I've tried to contact Jack Hargreaves during the evening four times in the last week with no success," said Drury. "I since discovered that he's been at Telford brushing up on his skating skills, he wants to win the interval competition for sure!

"The TV programme is a massive success and it seems nice and topical for us to have our own competition at Telford. The lads are up for it!"

Scotland's William Lawson has been ruled out of the Rest of the World side in the afternoon session and has been replaced by new Weymouth signing Luke Priest.

Meanwhile, Telford ticket holders will have a chance to watch an Ice-Hockey match at a discount price to make it a weekend to remember.

Anyone producing their Telford Ice Speedway tickets will be allowed reduced admission to the Telford Tigers v Romford Raiders clash on Saturday 23rd February. Special entry price will be: Adults £5, Children £2. Face off is 5.30pm.

TEAM LINE-UPS:

ENGLAND: David Howe, Shaun Tacey, Eddie Kennett, Tony Atkin ©, Wayne Broadhurst, Jack Hargreaves, Craig Branney. Stand-by: John Branney.

REST OF THE WORLD: Phil Morris ©, Marcin Sekula, Marek Morz, Josef Franc, Martin Smolnski, Luke Priest, Matyas Hlavacek. Stand-by: Tom Brown.

*ADMISSION for both the 3pm and 7.30pm speedway events will be available on the day.

Hhm - Nikki - check out the Rest of the World team!!!!! Even more reason to attend :lol::lol:

Can anyone advise on the parking near the venue and also any restaurants or food outlets in the town centre?

Can anyone advise on the parking near the venue and also any restaurants or food outlets in the town centre?

Shadders there is a huge car park at Telford Shopping Centre or alternatively there is also a car park in the park right outside the rink. Weatherspoons is as good a place as any to satisfy your taste buds.

Edited by colincooke

Still looking for an additional texter to help our little Voglet (he is so going to smack me one for that) out.

If you can help, can you please pm,email or leave a message here.

Thanks

Still looking for an additional texter to help our little Voglet (he is so going to smack me one for that) out.

If you can help, can you please pm,email or leave a message here.

Thanks

I may be many things...but I'm sure a general consensus of those who have met me is that I am anything but little!

I may be many things...but I'm sure a general consensus of those who have met me is that I am anything but little!

I second that Vog.

I'll be there, so if the phone gets a signal I can text the evening meeting.

No - I would go with cuddly!!! :lol::wink:

at the last brummies social they were selling tickets, so cant see it being a sell out just yet.

You're just scared I will hunt you down tomorrow!

Now back to demolishing my door...

We will also have a selection of Race Jackets and other items of memorabilia from Garry Stead GP held at Sheffield last year. Please come along to our stand & have a look. We are open to generous offers for any of the items. All proceeds to Garry Stead Benefit Fund.

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Vog

Updater: Fozzie

England= 40

1. David Howe 3, 3, 3, 3

2. Shaun Tacey 0, 0, 1, 0

3. Edward Kennett 2', 1', X

4. Tony Atkin 1', 2', 2', 2'

5. Wayne Broadhurst 2, 3, 3

6. Jack Hargreaves 1, 3, 2, R

7. Craig Branney 0, 3, F

Stand-by: John Branney

Rest of the World = 31

1. Phil Morris 2, 1, 1', 3

2. Luke Priest 1', 0, X

3. Marek Mroz F, 1', 0, 1

4. Josef Franc 0, 0

5. Martin Smolinski 3, 3, 2, 2', X

6. Tom Brown 3, 2, 2

7. Matyas Hlavacek 2', 1, 1

Stand-by: No One

Heat Results

Heat 01: Howe, Morris, Priest, Tacey 3-3 41.5

Sponsored by Music 24/7 at http://www.virtualvibesradio.co.uk/

Heat 02: Re-run Brown, Hlavacek, Hargreavs, C Branney 1-5 4-8 45.8

Sponsored by Steve Dixon http://community.webshots.com/user/steavyd

Heat 03: Smolinski, Broadhurst, Atkin, Franc 3-3 7-11 42.8

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps Brought and Sold

Heat 04: Hargreaves, Kennett, Hlavacek, Mroz Fell 5-1 12-12

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Heat 05: Re-runx2 Broadhurst, Atkin, Morris, Priest 5-1 17-13 42.6

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Heat 06: Howe, Brown, Mroz, Tacey 3-3 20-16 42.4

Sponsored by Ian (BSF Member)

Heat 07: Smolinski, Hargreaves, Kennett, Franc 3-3 23-19 41.7

Sponsored by http://merlin-merlinsworld.blogspot.com/ and http://users.boardnation.com/~merlinmagic/index.php

Heat 08: Re-run Branney, Brown, Tacey 4-2 27-21 43.1

Sponsored by

Heat 09: Broadhurst, Atkin, Hlavacek, Mroz 5-1 32-22 41.2

Sponsored by

Heat 10: Howe, Smolinski, Morris, Tacey 3-3 35-25 42.0

Sponsored by KanDysoft Speedway spreadsheets www.kandysoft.com

Heat 11: Re-runx2 Morris, Smolinski, Hargreaves ef 0-5 35-30 43.7

Sponsored by Peter Hopkins www.myspace.com/peterhopkins

Heat 12: Re-run Howe, Atkin, Mroz, Smolinski X 5-1 40-31

Sponsored by

Heat 13:

Sponsored by www.rpm.org.uk

Comments:

Teams confirmed.

Dont forget the pairs after this meeting.

Priest replacing Sekula

Heat 1: Tacey fell bend 1 lap 1 then his chain went.

Heat 2: Hargreaves locked up and Brown hit him bend 1 lap 1 all4back. Branney fell remounted Hargreaves hit fence ben 2 lap 1 then missed turn 3 lap 2 and still came 3rd

Heat 3: Smolinski passed Broadgurst lap 4 bend 2. Good race

Heat 4: Mroz fell bend 1 lap 1 its like bambi!

Heat 5: Morris nudged into fence bend 1 lap 1 all4back. Morris infence again same place this time Priest put him there Morris wants a recount. Atkin passed Morris bend 2 lap 3.

Heat 6: From Gate. Tacey locked up on bend 1 lap 1 again!

Heat 7: Smolinski took to waving to the crowd as he was winning.

Heat 8: Brown for Hlavacek. Priest excluded took Tacey out and dragged his bike down the straight when tangled up. From Gate

Heat 9: Hlavacek for Brown

Heat 10: Morris in for Franc as T/S no double points. Tacey Gated but everyone passed him even making a new inside line!

Heat 11: Smolinski for Priest as T/S. C Branney got a lot of Un expected grip and hit fence hard, Still down. Craig still down, strecher out and they are putting him on it.not good. On the stretcher, Wheeled off but was looking around, splint on left leg. Smolinski made his own bend had entire bke over white line hit Kennett and Kennett got excluded ???. Coffee tastes rubbish apprantley. Hargreaves for Branney had ef.

Heat 12: Coming together bend 4 lap 3. Smolinski and Howe. Howe stuck in his bike was a call for a 10mil spanner any suggestions! Howe still down got Oxygen. Vog aint sure what to make of it. Howe strechered away, no splint, Bandaged up right foot. Race Awarded Smolinski excluded having Interval now due to no medical cover. Meeting abandonded Pairs after interval for whoever is left.

KOPIOWANIE TYLKO ZA ZGOD¥ ADMINISTRATORA

Please remember that these updates cost the texter and updater money, please don't ruin it for others by posting the score up before the updater has had a chance to update this screen

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

Texter: Vog

Updater: Fozzie

Team 1

Edward Kennett

Tony Atkin

Team 2

Craig Branney

John Branney

Team 3

Phil Morris

Tom Brown

Team 4

Wayne Broadhurst

Jack Hargreaves

Team 5

John Branney

Shaun Tacey

Team 6

Josef Franc

Nick Simmons

Team 7

Martin Smolinski

Luke Priest

Team 8

Marek Mroz

Matyas Hlavacek

Heat Results

Quarter Final 01: Kennett/Atkin Walkover

Sponsored by Music 24/7 at http://www.virtualvibesradio.co.uk/

Quarter Final 02: Re-run Broadhurst, Morris, Hargreaves, Brown 40.2

Sponsored by Steve Dixon http://community.webshots.com/user/steavyd

Quarter Final 03: Re-run Tacey, Branney, Simmons fell 46.0

Sponsored by Boxer123 Stamps Brought and Sold

Quater Final 04: Smolinski, Hlavacek, Mroz, Priest 40.6

Sponsored by Friends of Edinburgh Speedway http://www.foes.info/

Semi Final 01: Broadhurst, Akint, Kennett, Hargreaves 41.1

Sponsored by Richard and Anne Hollingsworth www.scunthorpespeedway.com

Semi Final 02: J Branney, Tacey, Mroz, Hlavacek 45.4

Sponsored by Ian (BSF Member)

GRAND FINAL: Kennett, Atkin, Tacey, Branney 66.6

Sponsored by http://merlin-merlinsworld.blogspot.com/ and http://users.boardnation.com/~merlinmagic/index.php

Comments:

Pairs confirmed.

YELLOW = Eliminated in Quarters

GREEN = Eliminated in Semis

BLUE = Runners Cup

Red = Winners

Final over 6 laps.

Right News on Pairs Kennett and Atkin get a Bye. John Branney replaces David Howe. Nick Simmons replaces Marcin Sekula. Heat 2 coming up.

Heat 2: Re-run Hargreaves and Brown bend bend 1. Broadhurst and Hargreaves through to semi 1 vs Kennett and Atkin.

Heat 3: Franc excluded for Falling. Simmons fell! 2 finshers only. Tacey and Branney to Semi 2.

Heat 4: Mroz and Hlavacek to Semi 2.

Semi 1: Kennett and Atkin to Final.

Semi 2: J Branney and Tacey to Final.

Well done to Tony and Edward.

Thanks for watching se ya later.