British Speedway Forum
Bryn

Aussie Champs Line Up

I do know he's sold his Zebra-striped Kevlars!  :lol:

You'll NEVER squeeze into 'em BFD! :shock:

Anyone who criticises the Aussie Title this year obviously didnt get to see any of the racing. Unfortunately, I only got to see the final two rounds and they were both superb speedway and I've heard both Mildura and Gillman were excellent meetings.

Newcastle was one of the best meetings I've seen and Sydney was a 1000% better racing surface than last year and the absolute commitment from Holder to pass Batchelor (when Batch was by far and away the fastest rider) was something to be-Hold (excuse the pun).

Whilst it didn't have Crump Adams Schlein et al in the field, the racing and entertainment value was sensational and worth every cent.

Interestingly, both Sydney and Newcastle's crowds were well up on last years crowds.

Anyone who criticises the Aussie Title this year obviously didnt get to see any of the racing.s.

Newcastle was one of the best meetings I've seen and Sydney was a 1000% better racing surface than last year.

Whilst it didn't have Crump Adams Schlein et al in the field, the racing and entertainment value was sensational and worth every cent.

Interestingly, both Sydney and Newcastle's crowds were well up on last years crowds.

Spot On, mp2. Whereabouts were ya? We three BSF reps (Lunchy, Gavin Elmes et moi) were up in the Air-conditioned Stand by the start line with the Kirby Gang at Newcastle and on Turn 1 at Sydderney. We were joined by the Start Tart for Newc. but she was up in the Gods at the Showground.

You mnay not be old enough to remember, but when the Show started at Sydderney the PA played the chimes of Big Ben, which is how the speedway used to start at the OLD Showgrounds - nice touch that! :rolleyes:

Well its all over now and a few weeks break then the build up to the Aussie Sidecar Title looking like we may have a couple of Britts over for the quail fly meeting maybe riding local bikes!

Coming down for that one BFD The

Royal arms beckons!

Is that over Easter, Spiderweb? :unsure:

Edited by BigFatDave

Sitting in the front row of the scaffold at turn 4 Newc BFD and getting peppered with rocks! At Sydney - floating.

I met you after the meet in the pits at Newy. I don't know lunchy (at least I don't think I do), but I didn't catch Gav, but saw him at Gossie on Sat night.

No, I won't be doing that - sorry.

Would you have made the same posting if Batchelor had won it?

Don't think so.  ;)

Crouch.

<sigh>

Yes I would because Troy winning it rather than Noddy would not change the fact that fourteen (the twelve I named plus Craig Watson & Matt Wethers who I thought of earlier) top Australians were missing from the field. And I would also have made the same posting had it been Kevin Doolan, Trevor Harding, Kozza Smith or John Oliver who had won it!

For the last time because I am now getting bored of saying it I am not criticising Chris Holder so I think you would do well to grow up a little and stop this incessant Noddy defending when there is nothing to defend him from :rolleyes:

Edited by Bagpuss

Sitting in the front row of the scaffold at turn 4 Newc BFD and getting peppered with rocks! At Sydney - floating.

I met you after the meet in the pits at Newy. I don't know lunchy (at least I don't think I do), but I didn't catch Gav, but saw him at Gossie on Sat night.

That's Lunchy at Mt Gambier sucking on a Bryn Memorial Bundy! B)

Geez, I was floatin' in the pits at Newc. :P I think everything was kickin' in about then! :rolleyes:

After that I was headin' back to camp & got waylaid by the Kent Hotel :oops: - Wednesday night is Fun night!! :lol:

Edited by BigFatDave

Would you have made the same posting if Batchelor had won it?

Yes I would

Told ya Crouch, now give over you two ;) Nobody will take the name off the trophy or out of the record book, it's there forever and them others missed their chance :P

Yep thats the end of the matter for me Trees. My original point was very little to do with the riders who did compete, but instead about those who didn't :rolleyes:

Hopefully a few of them will decide to enter next year :wink:

Edited by Bagpuss

Don't forget ******* everyone in ******* OZ except the ******* Northern ******* Territory will be able to watch Channel Ten this Saturday Arvo Feb the Tooth as its showing Highlights of the Linddales Australian Solo Speedway Championships 2008 (check yer local guides, times may vary). :D

We havn't got FURSHLUGGINNER Channel TEN in ******* Darwin! :mad:

Not that I'm encouraging you to break the law by taping a TV show but Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates, has any of youse got a DVD recorder? Why not? :unsure:

There could be a piccy of ME on there. Will you be my Sunshine?

Please help a poor depraved Darwinian in his hour of need, God knows I need help these days, I lost 5 kg over Christmas despite piggin' out at every takeaway & pub between Mildura and merry Parramatta!! I'm wastin' away to a (rather large) Shadder! :oops: I'm just a Partial Eclipse these days!

Thinkin' of ya,

El Gordo. B)

Edited by BigFatDave

Don't forget ******* everyone in  ******* OZ except the ******* Northern ******* Territory will be able to watch Channel Ten this Saturday Arvo Feb the Tooth as its  showing Highlights of the  Linddales Australian Solo Speedway Championships 2008 (check yer local guides, times may vary).  :D

We havn't got FURSHLUGGINNER Channel TEN in ******* Darwin! :mad:

Nor here in ruddy Pommieland!

Not that I'm encouraging you to break the law by taping a TV show but Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaates, has any of youse got a DVD recorder? Why not? :unsure:

There could be a piccy of ME on there. Will you be my Sunshine?

A heartfelt plea to anyone thinking of recording the show - please don't let the fact that there might be a piccy of BFD in the show put you off!

Please help a poor depraved Darwinian in his hour of need, God knows I need help these days, I lost 5 kg over Christmas

That's the trouble when you get old BFD (as I'm finding!), you forget where you put things! :wink:

Well I for one enjoyed the Aussie Champs, as did most of the TP group. I thought Gillman provided the best racing, Sydney the best venue.

Many thanks to BFD in his role as official "Tour Interpreter", and for those that are interested pictures from the tour are posted on the TP website.

Taken from there is a snap of a reformed ZZ Top taking in the action at Gillman :D :

http://www.travelplusontour.fotopic.net/p47588568.html

Well I for one enjoyed the Aussie Champs, as did most of the TP group. I thought Gillman provided the best racing, Sydney the best venue.

Many thanks to BFD in his role as official "Tour Interpreter", and for those that are interested pictures from the tour are posted on the TP website.

Taken from there is a snap of a reformed ZZ Top taking in the action at Gillman :D :

http://www.travelplusontour.fotopic.net/p47588568.html

Glad you enjoyed it and am sure BFD would have done an excellent job teaching you all the Aussie lingo ! Er.... one quick question.... did you perchance bring back any duty free Bundy? :wink::lol: