British Speedway Forum
Vincent Vega

Memories Of Station Road

Sorry Kev. I don't know, but you could perhaps try sending arnieg a P.M?

He's got a Long Eaton avatar and although I think he lives in London now he may have some old programmes. :unsure:

Edited by Gemini

Thanks for the tip off Gem, I'll certainly give that a try. :approve:

I remember Stekkers knocking a tenth off the track record in the first League match of 1993 vs Exeter. Think it still stands but not 100% sure.

It was 61.2 if i remember correctly?

Edited by no-brakes-uk

I remember planning a business trip to Rochdale in the mid 90's with a view to go to see Long Eaton V the Monarchs in the evening.

The Monarchs won the match,and Yesa Ylinen was our topscorer.

Nice track but funny sloping surface for the spectators at some places.

ps can't remember the fish supper!!!! :)

ps can't remember the fish supper!!!!

Best fish and chips I've ever had. The shop was on the opposite side of Station Road to the stadium and was very popular with fans and riders alike.

I thought The Pavillion was still in use whilst Long Eaton were running, but you know what my memory is like so perhaps not.  :wink:

Isn't this The Pavillion? http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2796586440047007148tfOSGJ

Thats right gem it was in use. wed night was live music night and i used to stand at the back of the track shop and listen to the local bands in between races

Edited by speedibee

I think it was taken pretty recently because it shows what is left of the Long Eaton track.

I don't drink but I'll treat you to some of those lovely fish and chips from the shop on Station Road.  :lol:  Mind you that's probably gone as well now.

The Chip shop is still open, though whenever I drive past no one is in there - the kebab shop further along the road does a mean kebab.

The Chip shop is still open, though whenever I drive past no one is in there - the kebab shop further along the road does a mean kebab.

Certainly does, i stopped going the chippy in the end and started going there for a shish doner special! Good ol days.

Thats right gem it was in use. wed night was live music night and i used to stand at the back of the track shop and listen to the local bands in between races

So is that The Pavillion in the photo? If so presumably it is still going strong and will probably do even better business when all the houses have been built. :sad:

Certainly does, i stopped going the chippy in the end and started going there for a shish doner special! Good ol days.

What exactly is a doner kebab and what does it contain? The only one I've seen is in Coronation Street.:oops: You'll have to excuse the ignorance but I'm one of those strange veggie persons so don't know.

Edited by Gemini

So is that The Pavillion in the photo?  If so presumably it is still going strong and will probably do even better business when all the houses have been built.  :sad:

That was pavillion in that photo but it got vandalised a few years ago, and arsonists set it on fire (well what else would an arsonist do) so they demolished it (authorities not the arsonists). The place looks a sad state now, drove past a year or so ago. :cry:

So is that The Pavillion in the photo?  If so presumably it is still going strong and will probably do even better business when all the houses have been built.  :sad:

What exactly is a doner kebab and what does it contain? The only one I've seen is in Coronation Street.:oops: You'll have to excuse the ignorance but I'm one of those strange veggie persons so don't know.

It is pitta bread with salad and is rumoured to be Lamb meat but it doesn't taste much like lamb to me although they are nice. Apparently by law you have to have one after several pints of lager. :P

Sorry Kev. I don't know, but you could perhaps try sending arnieg a P.M?

He's got a Long Eaton avatar and although I think he lives in London now he may have some old programmes. :unsure:

just a few!!!!!!!!!!!!

And I have come up with:

Final record: 61.7 Stekkers 7.4.93, and equalled by Chris Manchester 12.6.96

Previous TR: 61.8 also Stekkers 61.8 14.8.91

and before that: 61.9 by... Stekkers (8.5.91)

Kevin Smart was the last TR holder before Stekkers (62.3 on 27.6.90)

So is that The Pavillion in the photo? If so presumably it is still going strong and will probably do even better business when all the houses have been built. :sad:

Döner Kebab.Started off in Berlin for western tastes and taking over the world :unsure:

Döner Kebap

They do have some good Kebap shops here.Shish Kebap is super and Turkish Pizza(Lahmacun) is also yummy.But the Greek variant,Gyros is also lovely

Edited by iris123