British Speedway Forum

Why the hell hold this event at a premier league team who chickened out at the last second of moving up?

They don't deserve to hold it, and its too far to travel to for most fans.

Events like this should be held at an EL track, reagrdless of whether it gives advantage to the home pair.

He's off on one of his I want people to bite rants :lol:

Wasn't far for Belle Vue fans to travel when Poole held the ELRC a couple of years ago was it?

Why the hell hold this event at a premier league team who chickened out at the last second of moving up?

Events like this should be held at an EL track, reagrdless of whether it gives advantage to the home pair.

1/. They're holding it at one of the best tracks in the UK. :approve:

2/. Wouldn't call them fans then would you? :unsure: Certainly less than 150 miles from any EL track, and over here we'd travel that far to the nearest Pub!! :lol:

3/. Nasty bullet wound in the foot there Steve, hope it gets better soon. :rolleyes::wink:

Wasn't far for Belle Vue fans to travel when Poole held the ELRC a couple of years ago was it?

Because no one else wanted to hold it. I don't agree with Steve I think its a good idea to hold it on a neutral track. However I do think it could have been a more central Midlands track.

This thread is called "best" pairs. But i think the meeting is just called elite pairs, cant call it "best" when ipswich are sending thier 3rd and 6th best riders <on current form>. I doubt the organisers of this are very happy, as one of the local clubs that could boost the crowd, are sending such a crap pair. Talking last night, i couldn't find many witches fans <who usually travel> prepared to fork out £20 for this.

And why would anyone consider biting at such conceited drivel, best to just humour it. King's Lynn have the event, Poole don't, get over it. I'd far rather be watching one of our rained off PT meetings this Sat, I'm hardly enthused over the 'advertised' line up of this little cracker. :rolleyes:

Tell you what though, I am SO SO glad my team 'chickened' out of joining the EL, after what I've seen of it so far, it's watered down and can really hardly be called ELITE anymore can it??? :lol:

Edited by shooting star

Because Lynn is a great track so it will be a good meeting for the fans :D

Thank gord it ain't being held all the way down at Poole, miles away from anywhere ;p

Tell you what though, I am SO SO glad my team 'chickened' out of joining the EL, after what I've seen of it so far, it's watered down and can really hardly be called ELITE anymore can it???

Fors and againsts for each league, am very happy with our PL team though :)

Edited by Trees

2/. Wouldn't call them fans then would you? :unsure: Certainly less than 150 miles from any EL track, and over here we'd travel that far to the nearest Pub!! :lol:

Them Aussies are my kind of people ! Maybe I should think about emmigrating to this heavenly place called Australia.

Guest sjl

With the weather set to change this weekend I hope the meeting goes ahead. Any experts out there to give us a clue what to expect?

With the weather set to change this weekend I hope the meeting goes ahead. Any experts out there to give us a clue what to expect?

Gates opened at 4pm....good crowd in stadium by about 7pm....light drizzle at 7.10pm....heavier rain at 7:30pm....riders and referee on track at 7:45pm......meeting called off at 8pm.....lots of traffic on surrounding roads at 8:15pm !!! :shock:

Bl00dy English weather !! :angry:

This year the organisers have opted for a 18 heat qualifying race format, 2 semi finals and a Final, the format this year based around all 9 Elite League teams provides each team four qualifying races, and the highest scoring four teams go forward to the semi finals, with the respective highest points scorers from the semi finals qualifying for the final.

This year the organisers have opted for a 18 heat qualifying race format, 2 semi finals and a Final, the format this year based around all 9 Elite League teams provides each team four qualifying races, and the highest scoring four teams go forward to the semi finals, with the respective highest points scorers from the semi finals qualifying for the final.

:blink: ? The advert in the Star says 20 qualifiers ! ;)

I see that the blurb on the super 7 site advertising this event has now changed to exclude the bit about a wildcard PL pairing taking part. :D

It too also mentions 20 qualifying heats, two semi finals and a final.

Guest sjl
Gates opened at 4pm....good crowd in stadium by about 7pm....light drizzle at 7.10pm....heavier rain at 7:30pm....riders and referee on track at 7:45pm......meeting called off at 8pm.....lots of traffic on surrounding roads at 8:15pm !!! :shock:

Bl00dy English weather !! :angry:

Not too optimistic then? :unsure: