British Speedway Forum

Ah well after 4 posts of reaction to the meeting, myself on the night was happy as met up with a friend for the 1st time and she was the beaming light on a dull April night.

yeah in the eastern dailly press it says Bjarne Pedersen and Leigh Adams were the two who were complaining the most, not suprising really :lol:

I always said that speedway riders have to earn money but they do race in too many countrys and have the upper hand because there is not enough quality riders around.So the promoters have to live with that.I CANT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY LET THEM RIDE FOR SO MANY CLUBS ALL OVER THE WORLD.WHERE will it end if france,holland etc start up leagues.

Travelled from Coventry to see this meeting with my 3yr old son. Was a bit unhappy that meeting was called off but I saw the track and was glad that it was. It was rideable but definately not raceable. It does get me when people are slagging off the riders because they didn't want to risk their neck for the public. If you went to work and your conditions were bad would you still carry on, I think not.

Even when one of the riders form the next day said the track was bad that doesn't stop the slagging off. And JC has definately gone down in my estimations after personally naming riders who said they wouldn't ride. Very unprofessional if you ask me.So it's his money on the line but for the riders it's their career. Fair play to them for trying to get the track raceable but after the second lot of rain is was a wise decision to call it off.

p.s I'm sticking with colin's theory of Rory and Bomber winning due to finishing track walk first so can we have the trophy now then :P

not sure why bjarne is getting the blame for this if adams was trying to get it called off as well!! i'm glad it got called off if the track was that bad as we don't need anymore injuries, better to be safe than sorry. also a bit confused about why everyone is a prima donna with the exception of crumpie.

yeah in the eastern dailly (edit - What the "L"?) press it says Bjarne Pedersen and Leigh Adams were the two who were complaining the most, not suprising really :lol:

Not surprising that the Press said so is that what you mean? :unsure: Or are you just slurring a coupla Champions? :shock: Of course if you believe everything you read in tonight's chipwrapper there's not much hope for you, I suppose? :blink:

not suprising really

Also not surprising that the "R's" dropped out of yer argument. :wink:

So then over two days after the meeting was cancelled and there is still no official word on where and when the meeting will be re-staged or indeed if it will be re-staged at all. I think that says it all about both the unimportance of this meeting and how unorganised and unproffesional the speedway authorities are. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it's a nightmare trying to tie all the riders down to a new date Kev78???

Perhaps it's a nightmare trying to tie all the riders down to a new date Kev78???

You really believe that it will be re-staged?!

Surely it'll have to be re-staged somewhere otherwise all the Super7even merchandise/etc will have to be changed to Super6ix ?? :D:P

not sure why bjarne is getting the blame for this if adams was trying to get it called off as well!! i'm glad it got called off if the track was that bad as we don't need anymore injuries, better to be safe than sorry. also a bit confused about why everyone is a prima donna with the exception of crumpie.

Well according to a report in one of our local rags today, (it's not on their website so sadly I can't show a link) Crumpy was 'itching to ride' in the words of Buster Chapman and it was a minority of four riders that finally swayed the referee to call the meeting off. (Have to say that Honie mentioned that during all the time the riders were making their minds up whether to ride or not, Crumpy was sat back in his pit out of the way.) The referee wanted the meeting to go ahead before they started stamping their feet. Also, the riders were ringing from the dressing room without even looking at the track! JC stoved into Troy Batchelor in the same report saying he was disappointed with his attitude returning to race at his 'home' track, and that maybe his one year in the EL had made him a 'world superstar' already.

Buster has stated that 'if' King's Lynn are the team that get the promotion place at the end of the season then there is no way he will be at the helm and would sell the rights to someone else. He wants nothing to do with the Elite League.

From that I very much doubt there will be a restaging of the meeting, and if there is then it's pretty obvious it won't be at King's Lynn.

As regards the Super 7 series, JC claims that last year he was given overall control of the series and that this year the 'top of the BSPA' seem to want to take the running of it and the power back to themselves, but I wasn't going to put my name to that'. He resigned because he put a lot of hard work and energy into it, and he didn't want to put his name to something that he didn't have control over. He says that the events of Saturday vindicated his decision and it's hassle he can do without.

Can't really say much myself as a fan of the club, I think there has been total over reaction on both sides, the Chapmans have once again with their outspoken-ness brought the club I love into controversy and all completely un-necessary. Whilst some of the EL riders just basically carry on taking the mickey out of British speedway with their prima donna attitudes. :rolleyes:

All very pathetic imo.

Edited by shooting star

Well according to a report in one of our local rags today, (it's not on their website so sadly I can't show a link) Crumpy was 'itching to ride' in the words of Buster Chapman and it was a minority of four riders that finally swayed the referee to call the meeting off. (Have to say that Honie mentioned that during all the time the riders were making their minds up whether to ride or not, Crumpy was sat back in his pit out of the way.) The referee wanted the meeting to go ahead before they started stamping their feet. Also, the riders were ringing from the dressing room without even looking at the track! JC stoved into Troy Batchelor in the same report saying he was disappointed with his attitude returning to race at his 'home' track, and that maybe his one year in the EL had made him a 'world superstar' already.

Buster has stated that 'if' King's Lynn are the team that get the promotion place at the end of the season then there is no way he will be at the helm and would sell the rights to someone else. He wants nothing to do with the Elite League.

From that I very much doubt there will be a restaging of the meeting, and if there is then it's pretty obvious it won't be at King's Lynn.

As regards the Super 7 series, JC claims that last year he was given overall control of the series and that this year the 'top of the BSPA' seem to want to take the running of it and the power back to themselves, but I wasn't going to put my name to that'. He resigned because he put a lot of hard work and energy into it, and he didn't want to put his name to something that he didn't have control over. He says that the events of Saturday vindicated his decision and it's hassle he can do without.

Can't really say much myself as a fan of the club, I think there has been total over reaction on both sides, the Chapmans have once again with their outspoken-ness brought the club I love into controversy and all completely un-necessary. Whilst some of the EL riders just basically carry on taking the mickey out of British speedway with their prima donna attitudes. :rolleyes:

All very pathetic imo.

I'd say that was a pretty balanced description of the mess this has turned into.

So then over two days after the meeting was cancelled and there is still no official word on where and when the meeting will be re-staged or indeed if it will be re-staged at all. I think that says it all about both the unimportance of this meeting and how unorganised and unproffesional the speedway authorities are. :rolleyes:

Absolutely agree.

A re-staging date should have been agreed in advance especially holding the event this early in the season when the elements are not favourable.

Yet again it is hardly rocket science but appears to be beyond the wit of the idiots who 'run' the sport.

You really believe that it will be re-staged?!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed ;) Perhaps not, who knows? :unsure: