British Speedway Forum

what about asking wato?

All depends on where he is riding to be honest. If he signs for Newport there would be a good chance he would ride. If he signs for Mildenhall then chances are that he will be riding for them on that Sunday as they are also a Sunday track.

So it's a just a case of waiting and seeing...

Just to quote a letter posted in Speedway Star last week-No wasnt me but certainly written from the heart of the person that wrote it....Quote

"I was very happy to read in last week's Speedway Star of the news that Newport rider Nick Simmons has been granted a 10-year testimonial.

When Nick rode for the Exeter Falcons, he always gave it everything he had when flying around the outside trying to get into the points, and on many occasions hitting the steel fence as he made his move.

I'm sure Nick will not mind me saying this, but he will never make a world class rider. But he is a world class person.

Every week after riding for Exeter, he always came into the bar and sat with myself, my wife and our group of friends to say hello and talk about how the meeting went.

So many riders have spoken with the fans but Nick always went that little bit further to make you feel special.

We are all looking forward to March 16 so we can say thank you to Nick for the many hours of thrills and spills he gave us."

Unquote

Have to agree with that-If he had a good meeting or bad,injured or not he would always take the time after every meeting if he could to digest and share his views of the night with the fans table by table.

Edited by Nevs

Great to meet up with Nick again last night having him taken the time to drive down to the latest Exeter supporters club meeting.

He even took the time to speak on the phone to a couple of Exeter fans for 10 minutes or so that could not be there because of work.

Thats Nick.

Nice gesture.

Also nice to meet Themilkman23 as well :)

Edited by Nevs

Can anyone point me in the direction of a:

Isle of Wight Team shot -2002

and

Newport team Shot 2007

Needed for the progamme - thanks

Edited - as I was stupid and got the wrong date!!

Edited by Sandie

The only team photo I've seen from 2007 was in the Speedway Star a few weeks back for the Newport track reveiw. I guess it was taken by Hywel Lloyd.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a:

Isle of Wight Team shot -2002

and

Newport team Shot 2007

Needed for the progamme - thanks

Edited - as I was stupid and got the wrong date!!

If you or Nick email Tim he will sort you out with a team shot from last year I am sure.

Suppose there might be a chance now that Craig Watson will be invited to ride in Nicks Testimonial? :rolleyes:

was that nick doing some very fast laps @scunny yesterday ???????

Well, he was there but Nick and fast dont go together do they!!!!! :o:D:P

Hey all, Nick here again. Thanks for all you support of my meeting so far, it is appreciated.

With just over a month to go till my big day I thought I would keep you updated with the line up, so these riders I have spoken too and after checking their fixtures they have confirmed that they will be able to ride.

Leigh Lanham

Paul Fry

Tony Atkin

Edward Kennett

Krzysztof Stojanowski

Chris Neath

Michael Coles

Chris Harris

David Mason

Craig Watson

Chris Schramm

Chris Holder

There are four more spaces to fill and I can promise you that I will be doing my best to get four great riders.

I'll keep you all updated as things happen and thanks again, Nick.

Edited by tricks

Hey all, Nick here again. Thanks for all you support of my meeting so far, it is appreciated.

With just over a month to go till my big day I thought I would keep you updated with the line up, so these riders I have spoken too and after checking their fixtures they have confirmed that they will be able to ride.

Leigh Lanham

Paul Fry

Tony Atkin

Edward Kennett

Krzysztof Stojanowski

Chris Neath

Michael Coles

Chris Harris

David Mason

Craig Watson

Chris Schramm

Chris Holder

There are four more spaces to fill and I can promise you that I will be doing my best to get four great riders.

I'll keep you all updated as things happen and thanks again, Nick.

You said you werent confirming names till you had all 16!!!!

Bloomin heck - cant trust you to do anything now can we!!! :lol::lol::lol:

You said you werent confirming names till you had all 16!!!!

Bloomin heck - cant trust you to do anything now can we!!! :lol:

Sheesh! Don't women nag Nick eh? :lol::blink::rolleyes:

Sheesh! Don't women nag Nick eh? :lol::blink::rolleyes:

i would`nt put up with it Bryn,just ask the wife :blink::lol:

Just been thinking about Chris Holder and Chris Harris racing against each other at Newport in the testimonial, what a fantastic meeting it's going to be! I think they were lined up for another individual meeting at Newport but it didn't happen. What a great start to the season it's going to be!