British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
yesterdaysman

Pleasing Picture

Regarding Ron Johnson I think I may have seen his last ride in 1960 when he fell in front of the field in Edinburgh"s visit to Bristol. Also contrary to previous poster he made more than one appearence for Edinburgh that year but failed to score in any of them.

Glad to hear that. Perhaps I'm thinking of Ron Howe the Australian one. :unsure:

You're perhaps thinking of Ron Howes..:who also rode at one time , like Ron How, for Wimbledon but in Howes' case it was pre-war. Ron (Howes not his multi-World Finalist name-sake) had a mainly lower division career after the war, with Rayleigh. He was around Crayford too as machine examiner or similar; and sadly he did pass away the other year.. :cry:

Not an Aussie though..: a South Londoner thru'& thru' I believe..!! :wink:

Regarding Ron Johnson I think I may have seen his last ride in 1960 when he fell in front of the field in Edinburgh"s visit to Bristol. Also contrary to previous poster he made more than one appearence for Edinburgh that year but failed to score in any of them.

Ron Johnson rode six times for Edinburgh in 1960, scoring one point plus one bonus point.

Oh dear. :oops: I was hoping Norbold wouldn't come across this thread and see my pathetic attempts at getting my brain to work. :lol:

Oh dear. :oops: I was hoping Norbold wouldn't come across this thread and see my pathetic attempts at getting my brain to work. :lol:

I know, with Norbold, Bobbath & Star Ghost, I feel that 3 Policemen are looking over my shoulder!!

You can get a nice pint of best at Ron How's pub The Red Lion in Little Missenden, Bucks which reopened this year after a major fire a year or so ago. Danny Dunton was alive & seemingly well when last seen walking down Chesham High Street just before Christmas.

Edited by Genesis

I know Danny Dunton is still alive but heard he was wheelchair bound after an accident

That's what i thought and was surprised to hear that he was seen walking at Christmas...?? He lost a leg didn't he..: would be terrific news if he's up and about and walking with an artificial leg. Does anyone know more details..??

Good for Danny with his artificial leg-wish he could get a few mill from Paul McCartney instead of the evil woman!!Good on you Dan always a class act..

Another peice of useless information for you all. If I recall correctly, Danny came to the Cheetahs by

chance! Oxford were expecting Charlie New (or was it Dennis Newton) to come back from Australia to ride for the Cheetahs, but they never arrived and Danny was the only rider available and so he

was signed.

Danny also made the World Final one year I think.

Danny also made the World Final one year I think.

Policeman norbold here to say it was 1950. He scored five points and came 12th.