British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
stevehone

Wsra Dinner 2008

a few pictures that i took last night at the annual dinner >>> HERE

And I have to say it was the best yet that I've had the pleasure of attending. Well done to Vic and his committee who worked so hard organising and planning everything. 2.gif

Looking forward to next year's already. :)

What's the Marriott like? Food/furnishings etc.

I can't think which one it is now as there are so many different big hotels etc. around Leicester. I'm sure it used to be called something else and changed it's name. :unsure:

Is it near the M1/M69...or on second thoughts that's probably The Hilton?

Glad you had a good time. I could have nipped up and looked through the windows. :lol:

Nice photos by the way Steve.

Edited by Gemini

Just as I thought - a few minutes away from my house and I don't know where it is. :lol:

Looks nice but I think I'll stick with the Travel Lodge prices. :wink:

Just as I thought - a few minutes away from my house and I don't know where it is. :lol:

Looks nice but I think I'll stick with the Travel Lodge prices. :wink:

It's the bar prices that concerned me!! Total rip off. Always bring my own supplies every year. :lol:

It's the bar prices that concerned me!! Total rip off. Always bring my own supplies every year. :lol:

Doesn't Steve pay for drinks???? :blink:

Doesn't Steve pay for drinks???? :blink:

£6.95 for half a glass of wine ... or £10 for a 3 litre box from tesco and filling the glass up, what would you do?

Totally agree with you "shooting star". Also a lot of people had been charged for things they didn't use, and had to have their hotel bill adjusted. I personally liked the more relaxed atmousphere of the Hilton, but realise that we had outgown that Hotel.